IGNORED

Roon 1.8 Discussion

56 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

I have a lifetime subscription, but am holding off to upgrade to 1.8 until the bugs are fixed, thus have no direct experience or opinion on 1.8.

It’s really not bugs. Rather features 😂

Unless there something special you’re after, I don’t think the upgrade would harm your music experience. Rather the opposite.

If you have an available PC, just install and test it out.

48 minutes ago, k6davis said:

It looked like this in 1.7. The waveform stretched across the entire screen which looked cool and made it far easier to use. They also put the currently playing artist and title above the the waveform. That way there was room for long titles without them being truncated. 

The way things are now, both elements are compromised, IMO.

spacer.png

I can see some changes can be done 😀 You own this album, so you have it locally, but that shouldn’t matter. 

D8F9164D-C852-4835-8F25-741070C61490.jpeg

1 hour ago, k6davis said:

They also put the currently playing artist and title above the the waveform. That way there was room for long titles without them being truncated. 

Not sure I agree. Maybe I misunderstood. There’s room for long titles. (Automatic line break). 
If your issue is only length of waveform, I get your point. 

So why you like the waveform so long ? Is it important?

C998440C-6F1F-479D-8DEC-2EC44770C383.jpeg

3 hours ago, k6davis said:

In the above picture you posted, on the bottom left, the artist name is truncated/cut off due to lack of space. "Pat Metheny, Christian McBride, Antoni...". Plus the font is tiny. It's nice to be able read that, especially when you've moved the main page to an album that's not playing.

Don’t disagree. But try click on it. Then swipe and left/right + scroll down. (On that big picture). That’s a huge step forward. 

And some may like to enable show track info. 

4633BA14-20D9-4EB2-8946-9F1663072144.jpeg

Also the menu on left can scroll 😀

14AE0D2A-4A2D-420A-871C-3B7A0E14FC1D.jpeg

9166D030-E002-4F73-ABD7-07CFEBB99940.jpeg

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I can see it now. A Roon “app” store to purchase custom themes and extensions. 

Joking aside

If Roon has open up API, the app TV:Remote would be even better as one example. 

Roon App Store should be purchasing music BTW. 😀

And Roon cloud storage of cause. (That’s how Roon mobile should interface everything). 

• 2 weeks later...

@MarkS

It’s a long short. Can you verify that you don’t have and spaces of special characters in that specific folder name ? (Maybe edit that space you have). 

You may create new folders as well for testing. 

Also I know from my Qnap, that you must check properties of your folders. 

In general my experience is that IP addresses works better than names. So that’s an test to do as well.