IGNORED

Afterdark Master Clock for Uptone EtherRegen

Thanks for the update Adrian, appreciate you taking the time; and I am looking forward to receiving the clock when its ready.

Congratulations on becoming a Farad dealer, this is great news as well. I think the Super3 will be very well suited to AfterDark products. I can see a few more of these LPSUs in my future 😄

• 3 weeks later...

@skatbelt I did make sure I totally powered down the Bartok when i was changing the network setup; trying to ensure nothing stored is just being reused, since i was using one track to test for differences.

I just finished testing the setup with the EtherREGEN and then with and without the Giesemann EVA; and it does add some additional depth, vibrancy etc to the music; an improvement. I would say the EtherREGEN is delivering at least 70+% of the uplift and then the clock adds a little more; say 20-30%. On paper the Giesemann EVA is a higher spec than the standard REF10, but I am no expert, so don't know how the two compare in back to back tests.

Now to caveat, I am using a really cheap LPSU with my Giesemann EVA clock for now; the TeraDak is known to be towards the bottom of LPSUs in terms of performance. I would order another Farad Super3; however, I have already paid for a Sean Jacobs SR5T that will arrive towards the end of May. So I do expect that to make a difference. The SR5T was going to be used with a Melco N100; but I am not decided about that just yet. In any case, if i do go for the N100, I would get another Farad Super3 for the Giesemann EVA.

6 hours ago, AfterDark. said:

Please let the Giesemann EVA burn in for 7 days, the music will make you smile. The vocal will be so sweet and soundstage will be much wider. 

Yes I waited for over a week once I had the Giesemann before attempting any kind of comparison. 👍