IGNORED

Why is everything on this forum done via PM?

18 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

What do you need help with?

I don’t need help with anything right now but it would be nice to know about the problems other people are having and how they solved them. I like to read about the gear I own and see what experiences others are having. It is also nice to see if there are problematic DACs or software distributions in case I wanted to try something new. I can’t help but feel that I am missing out on information that could help me understand my USBridge Signature. It would be good to know about this when I want to talk to other people about this piece of gear. 

Anyway, it’s frustrating to see so much information hidden from everyone. 

1 hour ago, Isaacc7 said:

I don’t need help with anything right now but it would be nice to know about the problems other people are having and how they solved them. I like to read about the gear I own and see what experiences others are having. It is also nice to see if there are problematic DACs or software distributions in case I wanted to try something new. I can’t help but feel that I am missing out on information that could help me understand my USBridge Signature. It would be good to know about this when I want to talk to other people about this piece of gear. 

Anyway, it’s frustrating to see so much information hidden from everyone. 

I am positive people here will be willing to help, and that there is plenty of information out and searchable here. Sometimes the search function takes a few tries and different search variations to find what you want, but its there.

No electron left behind.

51 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I am positive people here will be willing to help, and that there is plenty of information out and searchable here. Sometimes the search function takes a few tries and different search variations to find what you want, but its there.

You still haven’t answered the question of why everything is done via PM. Surely there isn’t any extra work involved to post troubleshooting in the same thread instead of moving it PM.

As it stands this forum is not a place to find information or to talk about the products. It is only a place to see other people getting help away from the public view. This forum would be a much more valuable place to visit if the information wasn’t hidden away. I can’t think of any other forum, support or otherwise, that operates the same way. I check in from time to time to see what experiences people have with gear from Allo and see almost nothing of any use. Is this forum just here to get PMs from you?

1 hour ago, Isaacc7 said:

You still haven’t answered the question of why everything is done via PM. Surely there isn’t any extra work involved to post troubleshooting in the same thread instead of moving it PM.

As it stands this forum is not a place to find information or to talk about the products. It is only a place to see other people getting help away from the public view. This forum would be a much more valuable place to visit if the information wasn’t hidden away. I can’t think of any other forum, support or otherwise, that operates the same way. I check in from time to time to see what experiences people have with gear from Allo and see almost nothing of any use. Is this forum just here to get PMs from you?

I think you need to address this question to @Audio_Allo who appears to run this particular corner of AudiophileStyle.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

7 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Ah, I didn't realize this is in the Allo club...

yeah, that's a question for Allo, not the forum.

I originally thought he was referring to the overall forum as well.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

On 10/10/2020 at 8:12 PM, Isaacc7 said:

Sorry folks, I guess I’m not as familiar with how this site works as I thought. I was indeed trying to ask @Audio_Allo why their responses are done via PM instead of keeping all of us in the loop. 

We need to keep each customer track separately for tack and guide ,some times we need to ask lots of questions and we need to guide like ssh login  etc....and some times need to ask screen shots etc.... order details...so it will be lengthy sheet.

So for tracking each customer and debugging purpose we are answering through PM

I too find this odd.  Allo uses this forum to conduct its tech support for its customers.  So a great number of customers problems and issues are made public, while the solutions are hidden.  Every other company I've done support business with does it totally in private.  This is weird.

It also clutters up product discussion.

I am a huge fan of Allo, but I think they're doing themselves a disservice with this approach to tech support.  I say either make it all transparent (my preference), or do it all in private.  

this equipment is network based so solutions will be based on each individual's network and how the equipment is used.  The solution for one person may or may not apply to anyone else.  I understand the requirement of taking offline not to muck up threads too much.

That said, the users who have successfully resolved their issue could come back a give a quick synopsis of the problem, solution and Allos performance.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

On 10/12/2020 at 1:34 AM, Audio_Allo said:

We need to keep each customer track separately for tack and guide ,some times we need to ask lots of questions and we need to guide like ssh login  etc....and some times need to ask screen shots etc.... order details...so it will be lengthy sheet.

So for tracking each customer and debugging purpose we are answering through PM

Plenty of other support forums do this in public. The advantage being that I rarely have to ask for help because the solution is often found with a quick search. I have been able to solve problems with both Volumio and Moode by searching their support forums. I don’t see the point of having a public record of problems and not have the solutions available to everyone. I encourage you to share troubleshooting steps in public and report to PM only when you need to protect sensitive info. It would go a long way towards generating more community here.