IGNORED

Anyone else have Roon just stop playing a playlist or album - un-commanded?

992Sam

So I have my Roon up and running on my MacBook Pro.. computer not asleep or anything else.

I will be streaming a playlist into my PS Audio DAC and then for some odd reason it stops mid song... or it won't play the next song.  It didn't do this the first few days, but it's doing it more now, almost always actually.

Anyone else have this issue?  My ethernet is solid.. checked, and double checked it.

4 hours ago, 992Sam said:

Anyone else have this issue?  My ethernet is solid.. checked, and double checked it.

Same here @992Sam Been working with Roon support. Eliminated streaming to any device (iPad, iPhone, iMac) as a problem. Seems to be just to the PS Audio DAC.....I need to update my support ticket

For me I'll often get one song and it will stop. Controls unresponsive. Sometimes it will start back up at some point. Sometimes an hour later

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase

6 hours ago, 992Sam said:

My ethernet is solid.. checked, and double checked it.

If you happen to have some “unknown” old device with Ethernet connection they can broadcast a lot and make problems. Like cheap remote controlled light bulbs. 

I assume problem isn’t present if you play a local playlist, or download it ?

Then we should probably rule out Ethernet. 

3 hours ago, FrankMA said:

Same here @992Sam Been working with Roon support. Eliminated streaming to any device (iPad, iPhone, iMac) as a problem. Seems to be just to the PS Audio DAC.....I need to update my support ticket

For me I'll often get one song and it will stop. Controls unresponsive. Sometimes it will start back up at some point. Sometimes an hour later

Well, at least we now know it's not isolated.  Are you using a MacOS computer? Or PC?   

Oddly, last night I put the streamer on to play overnight, and it did, completely uninterrupted .. it's so inconsistent. 

9 minutes ago, 992Sam said:

Are you using a MacOS computer? Or PC?   

Oddly, last night I put the streamer on to play overnight, and it did, completely uninterrupted .. it's so inconsistent. 

I'm on a MAC but Roon Server is on a Linux based Innuos server

Agree on inconsistent. It is streaming ok this AM to my DAC

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

9 hours ago, 992Sam said:

So I have my Roon up and running on my MacBook Pro.. computer not asleep or anything else.

I will be streaming a playlist into my PS Audio DAC and then for some odd reason it stops mid song... or it won't play the next song.  It didn't do this the first few days, but it's doing it more now, almost always actually.

Have you upped the resync delay in Roon under audio device settings? Setting this to 500ms has seemed to help with an occasional hiccup issue of skipping or non-playing of tracks on my Unitiqute. Worth a try if Roon hasn't already suggested it. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

4 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Have you upped the resync delay in Roon under audio device settings? Setting this to 500ms has seemed to help with an occasional hiccup issue of skipping or non-playing of tracks on my Unitiqute. Worth a try if Roon hasn't already suggested it. 

Thanks @charlesphto. Mine was at 0. Will give it a try. Thank you

The 500ms didn't solve the issue. Ran for about 12 hours & stopped. Could not get it running again for awhile. Back running. We'll see for how long. 

I reported back that Roon works fine to other endpoints (iMac, iPhone, iPad). Now Roon wants me to move the Core to another device to test/isolate the issue (which I really don't want to do).

Not sure if they are trying to blame Innuos or this is legit troubleshooting

Maybe @nvitorino can chime in on if other owners are reporting any Roon issues since the last update

Frustrating

1 minute ago, FrankMA said:

The 500ms didn't solve the issue. Ran for about 12 hours & stopped. Could not get it running again for awhile. Back running. We'll see for how long. 

I reported back that Roon works fine to other endpoints (iMac, iPhone, iPad). Now Roon wants me to move the Core to another device to test/isolate the issue (which I really don't want to do).

Maybe @nvitorino can chime in on if other owners are reporting any Roon issues since the last update

Frustrating

Yeah, using the identical network, and streamer / DAC, I am using a freeware app called MConnect and it's doing just fine... for Roon to blame it on my hardware is dodging the problem...   the fact is, with the same hardware and network, Roon kept stopping mid song, and MConnect isn't. 

5 minutes ago, FrankMA said:

Frustrating

BTW, join me on the PS Audio support forums ... even Paul the CEO chimed in,... but I think everyone is in denial that this is a problem with Roon and PSAudio..

https://forum.psaudio.com/t/roon-keeps-stopping-mid-track-perfectwave-ds-dac-with-bridge-ii/19167/37

1 minute ago, 992Sam said:

Yeah, using the identical network, and streamer / DAC, I am using a freeware app called MConnect and it's doing just fine... for Roon to blame it on my hardware is dodging the problem...   the fact is, with the same hardware and network, Roon kept stopping mid song, and MConnect isn't. 

I may run the same test using iPeng. I'm sure it will run fine as well. The only issue is this would be local files only and the problem may be streaming.  I have had zero issues shuffling through my local library with Roon

Just now, FrankMA said:

I may run the same test using iPeng. I'm sure it will run fine as well. The only issue is this would be local files only and the problem may be streaming.  I have had zero issues shuffling through my local library with Roon

Right... it's nothing we're doing wrong, this is an issue with Roon ad PS Audio software engineers to sort out.  Go check out my thread on the PSAudio support site, 

2 minutes ago, 992Sam said:

Right... it's nothing we're doing wrong, this is an issue with Roon ad PS Audio software engineers to sort out.  Go check out my thread on the PSAudio support site, 

Will do. Thanks Sam. Please add your link

23 hours ago, FrankMA said:

Will do. Thanks Sam. Please add your link

Found your support issue on PS Sam. Have posted my thoughts

5 hours ago, FrankMA said:

Found your support issue on PS Sam. Have posted my thoughts

good, finally no longer the lone voice in the wind!  Let's see what Paul says to my response that I put up most recently.   I didn't know that Bridge was made by a 3rd party company in Korea. 

I have this happen as well. I have my Roon core on a CAPS running Linux to a Raspberry Pi4 NAA to a Schiit DAC. I have been using Roon to play internet radio through the house as we unpack and move stuff lately and it will stop randomly. I have tried every troubleshooting suggestion I can find, so far no fix and no idea what is causing it.

No electron left behind.

On 9/26/2020 at 12:31 PM, 992Sam said:

good, finally no longer the lone voice in the wind!  Let's see what Paul says to my response that I put up most recently.   I didn't know that Bridge was made by a 3rd party company in Korea. 

Roon is admitting it is their issue:

Paul is definitely correct that this issue is definitely occurring on the RoonServer side of things vs an issue happening on the DAC, there are almost certainly environmental factors that are resulting in this errors occurring. For the vast majority of our customers this type of issue isn’t occurring, and so we need to understand what about your specific setup is resulting in this issue.

I am having some luck with setting the Resync Delay for the PSA Dac endpoint to 1000ms. Been running pretty good for 3 days with only 1 stoppage I noticed

2 hours ago, FrankMA said:

Roon is admitting it is their issue:

Paul is definitely correct that this issue is definitely occurring on the RoonServer side of things vs an issue happening on the DAC, there are almost certainly environmental factors that are resulting in this errors occurring. For the vast majority of our customers this type of issue isn’t occurring, and so we need to understand what about your specific setup is resulting in this issue.

I am having some luck with setting the Resync Delay for the PSA Dac endpoint to 1000ms. Been running pretty good for 3 days with only 1 stoppage I noticed

I ended up returning the PSAudio DSD but glad to know that fixed it... I got mine working fine for a. day or so after a re-install of Roon but then it went back to doing it again.   When I get my new DAC (probably a month away) I'll try the 1000ms end point setting out.

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

I shouldn't have said anything because apparently I jinxed myself, it has happened frequently since I posted above about it not happening.

and your DAC/Streamer is a PS Audio DirectStream?  or what is it?

1 hour ago, 992Sam said:

and your DAC/Streamer is a PS Audio DirectStream?  or what is it?

HQPlayer to a Raspberry Pi 4 2GB running an NAA image out via USB to a Schiit Yggdrasil DAC.

Right now, it stops at the end of every single song, and I have to manually press play again to get it to advance to the next song.

No electron left behind.

Just now, AudioDoctor said:

HQPlayer to a Raspberry Pi 4 2GB running an NAA image out via USB to a Schiit Yggdrasil DAC.

Right now, it stops at the end of every single song, and I have to manually press play again to get it to advance to the next song.

I wonder if it's a Roon bug...  It's gonna be about a month or so until my new DAC/streamer shows up so I can't mess with it now, but I will see if it happens with that unit and if that's so, that make 3 different units .

Just now, 992Sam said:

I wonder if it's a Roon bug...  It's gonna be about a month or so until my new DAC/streamer shows up so I can't mess with it now, but I will see if it happens with that unit and if that's so, that make 3 different units .

That is my guess.

No electron left behind.

False alarm, I solved my problem... Somehow my HQPlayer was set to an incorrect "time" setting which prevented it from working with Roon properly. Properly setting that parameter and everything, so far, is working again as it should.

What am I talking about you ask? The arrow below is pointing to the correct setting. Somehow it had been set to "Remain"

Don't do that and it will work just fine.

HQPlayer.png

No electron left behind.