IGNORED

Anyone know of when the new Innuos Software Operating Platform will be released?

Hi,

Has anyone heard any vibes regarding the new Innuos Operating System?

It was said that end of August was a possibility but I've not heard or seen anything for a while.

Would be nice if an announcement came very soon as I'd like an alternative to Quobuz, Tidal and Roon. 

Cheers! 🍻

Amplifier: Feliks Envy (Performance Ed), Primaluna EVO 400 Integrated with Brimar CV4003, Singxer SA-1, Cayin C9 Portable Amp. DAC: Chord DAVE, Chord MScaler, LampizatOr Amber 3 DAP: Fiio M17, Fiio M11 Plus Ltd SS, DX 300 MAX SS, DX 300 MAX Ti, Cayin N6ii + A02 Line out + E02 Source: Silent Angel M1T, Forrester LPS, N8 Network Switch, InnuOs Zenith MK3, Pioneer PD-S904 Analogue: Rega Planar 2 > Rega Fono MM MK3, Pioneer CT-W806DR,

Cables: Wave Storm Reference, Phasure Lush ^2, AQ Coffee, AQ Ruby, Cable Talk 2, QED Silver Anniversary Speakers: Klipsch Forte III.

• 5 months later...

Don't count on Primephonic integration unless Innuos gives up on LMS.  I wrote to Primephonic about this, and they said something to the effect that LMS integration was not a priority for the coming year.  I read that to mean that the sentence would be equally true if year became years.  Someone at Innuos told me they reached out to Primephonic, and that Primephonic are really dedicated to their web interface.  This seems to me to be a remarkably stupid strategy for a service that trumpets their hi-res flacs.  Perhaps someone can explain it to me.

larryb

Interesting how the question was asked 5 months ago and there is still no sign of the new OS.  

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

It might be hardware though judging by the circuit board backdrop.  Or it could be both.

image.thumb.png.50b452850d30371a52995d894ff8579a.png

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

They have a new website. At least I hadnt seen it before.

A new Innuos switch perhaps??

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

2 hours ago, tedwoods said:

I really wish they come up with the app soon...

Going to ipeng from Roon results in a substantial jump in sound quality.

Of course, ipeng functionality is rudimentary, at best...

They are about to introduce their stand alone ethernet re-clocker. I believe...

iPeng should be embarrassed to still be shipping such a lame music player app in 2021.  

I've already jumped off the Innuos bus.  I'm still just curious though as to when they actually ship innuOS 2.0.  It has seemed me that they care more about selling more boxes than on improving the software for their current user base.  I hope though for the sake of their customers that they are also shipping the new OS this week.

11 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

iPeng should be embarrassed to still be shipping such a lame music player app in 2021.  

I've already jumped off the Innuos bus.  I'm still just curious though as to when they actually ship innuOS 2.0.  It has seemed me that they care more about selling more boxes than on improving the software for their current user base.  I hope though for the sake of their customers that they are also shipping the new OS this week.

I agree, ipeng is a dated product, as its streaming functionality and library mangement is severly limited.

I see you got the K30. That must be a wonderful product!

I have recently auditioned both an Antipodes system (CX,EX) as well an Aurender one (N20). Both were remarkable, but alas beyond my reach. I got a very sweet deal on the Innuos, so I looked no further. In my system, the Innuos is leaps and bounds better than what I previously had as far as sound quality is concerned, but I'm left wanting in the functionality department. I use Roon now although a pure LMS server/renderer scenario does indeed sound better.

Let's see what the future brings...

8 hours ago, Ianderson said:

Ted - you were right it’s the Network Switch they released today called the PhoenixNet at $3500 usd.

Seems like a pretty neat product, integrated and uncluttered.

3,5 K is a huge chunk of change, but in essence you're paying for a switch with its own master clock and two linear power supplies, so it would seem like a bargain for audiophiles who have gone this route, especially if the specs are also backed with top notch sound quality.

I guess, we'll wait and see and I sincerely hope someone from here ( like @austinpop for example) reviews it.

Rather than coming out with an OS they come out with a new product which requires you to buy yet anther clock around your server rather than adding the functionality for ethernet to the existing Phoenix. Not very custoer friendly, that, assuming that most streaming via USB comes from Ethernet connectionto the Internet

Antigrunge

Yes... well.... as the OP I was hoping that Innuos teaser then count down announcement was for an OS coming out to make more functional /operational use of my Zenith MK3 but what do they do instead?... they make another box of tricks for multi thousands of pounds! My Zenith MK3 has become a rather expensive Streamer now as its become somewhat 'old in the tooth'. The so called new OS was rumoured to be released late last year. It needed it and Innuos knew this. Its taken too long I'm afraid. So...... I've sold it. Looking now at streaming via a new dedicated Laptop & attach a NAS for my CD collection then invest the funds in a DAC upgrade instead. No doubt there are programs/apps one could use/add but one shouldn't need to. This should be in the unit already. Yes, one could add Roon but how much extra per month on top of streaming services? A shame for the Innuos units as they are a very well built line of machines but operationally a bit limited. I cross my fingers for current owners that an OS will be released soon that will satisfy their needs.

Amplifier: Feliks Envy (Performance Ed), Primaluna EVO 400 Integrated with Brimar CV4003, Singxer SA-1, Cayin C9 Portable Amp. DAC: Chord DAVE, Chord MScaler, LampizatOr Amber 3 DAP: Fiio M17, Fiio M11 Plus Ltd SS, DX 300 MAX SS, DX 300 MAX Ti, Cayin N6ii + A02 Line out + E02 Source: Silent Angel M1T, Forrester LPS, N8 Network Switch, InnuOs Zenith MK3, Pioneer PD-S904 Analogue: Rega Planar 2 > Rega Fono MM MK3, Pioneer CT-W806DR,

Cables: Wave Storm Reference, Phasure Lush ^2, AQ Coffee, AQ Ruby, Cable Talk 2, QED Silver Anniversary Speakers: Klipsch Forte III.

About time. A much more usable UI with good looking facilities. Fingers crossed it all integrates well. A bit too late for me but at least existing owners of Innuos units  can now make more proper use of their units.

It looks good but there is little mentioned about sound quality.  All they say is that "the core OS has also been updated for reduced latency and higher priority to audio processes."  I would think if they replaced Squeeze with a custom playback engine they'd mention it.  I recall Nuno saying a while back that one of the aims was to achieve much better sound quality.  Certainly reducing latency will help but they did this once before.  In the 1.4.4 release notes from last May they mentioned that they "upgraded player engine to have higher priority in OS processes, reducing latency."  I guess there was still further room for optimization.  Squeeze sounds great on their platform so it's not as if it was something that needed to be improved upon.  

I jumped off the Innuos train so a bit late for me also.  I have no regrets though.  I do sincerely hope that their new OS delights their customers.