IGNORED

Article: Wilson Audio Alexia Series 2 | One Year On

4 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Chris

Have you tested, or plan to test, Hypex NC1200 class D based amplifiers ?

Or the lasted class D invention from Bruno Putzeys ? (Eigentakt). 

I haven't tested anything with the Hypex NC1200 or the Eigentakt technology inside yet. I'd love to try both, but remain guarded about expectations. Class D is similar to Linux in that for the last 20 years people have been saying "This is the year for Linux on the desktop" because it has such great promise. However, the realities are always different and expectations are seldom met. 

I'm open minded because Bruno is so brilliant as is the design team at Purifi. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised. Can't wait to get back to audio shows!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, Nikhil said:

Chris,

It's great to see you mention Tsuyoshi Yamamoto and the Three Blind Mice label. 

They have been a reference of sorts for me as well and I'm really glad to see you enjoy that treasure trove of Japanese Jazz. 

Regards

Hi Nikhil, TBM is now my favorite label, without a doubt. Great music, talent, and sound quality. 

Here’s the new thread I created for those of us who still need to purchase the albums because we didn’t buy them when they were still in print :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 hour ago, loop7 said:

I had the chance to hear the Spectral DMA-250 S3 for an afternoon (driving Wilson Audio Alexia Series 2). I think that should be your next upgrade. Spectral are unaffordable for me but I'll bet you $1 they would take your system to yet another level.

The only thing bad about the Spectral gear I used to have is that I couldn't keep it running. Had to go back to the factory for service too many times.