IGNORED

My opinion on why a lot of "jazz" singers fail...

7 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

Been awhile since I have seen her live. I have seen her in small and larger venues about 10 times over the years. The first time was before she was famous at the late great Zanzibar Blue in Philly, back when Russell Malone and Ben Wolfe we’re in her band. It usually takes a couple of songs before she opens up and gets in a groove. She always plays killer piano. I can tell you from speaking with some of her regular band mates over the years that they all have great respect for her as a pianist. Don’t tell other audiophiles though as I don’t want my membership card pulled.

I have also seen her live and that is a reason I like her. Seeing her live is what made me a fan.

No electron left behind.

7 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

And I've had a crush on her ever since...

Now to get rid of Elvis and the restraining order...

6 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

Amen brother! She hasn’t been the same since.

She's not difficult to have a crush on !

In the early days I always found her a little bland and a bit too "audiophile" standard. I think she evolved and developed a slightly more funky individual style which I like and respect. The sexy look was probably marketed well also. As they like to say on TV talent shows she "discovered what kind of artist she is". I always assumed that that was due to Elvis Costello's quirky influence but I could be wrong. Great looks, great voice, fabulous pianist.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

36 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

She's got a new album out in late Sept.

https://dianakrall.lnk.to/thisdreamofyouWE

Nice! I can already preorder a hi res download on Qobuz! I wish Morgan James would make her latest album available on Qobuz as well. Right now it is an MP3 download from Amazon, or wait for a CD which will be a long wait because the distribution of them is delayed due to the pandemic.

No electron left behind.

I can tell you that is isn’t very talkative. You can see that in her shows and off stage as well. She stayed with a friend of my wife when she was appearing in DC many moons ago, which we didn’t find out about until many years later. Some good stories there I think, which I will have to save for my book.

4 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

I can tell you that is isn’t very talkative. You can see that in her shows and off stage as well. She stayed with a friend of my wife when she was appearing in DC many moons ago, which we didn’t find out about until many years later. Some good stories there I think, which I will have to save for my book.

Are you referring to Diana Krall?

No electron left behind.