IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

2 hours ago, zerung said:

@MartinT is this after the conversion of the clock to 75 Ohm? Incidentally the seller from Taobao is willing to change the system to use the Morion Clock and also change the connector to 75 Ohm, etc.

Can you provide the contact information for "the seller from Taobao" and how one goes about special ordering "the change to use the Morion Clock and also change the connector to 75 ohm, etc."   Thanks

SB88200 cable modem,  EdgeRouterX SFP router,  2 series PFU Buffalo BS-GS2016 switches w/ SR7T LPS and Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFPs, Taiko NetCard, JCAT USBCard XE w/ JCAT Optimo 3 Duo LPS;  DIY Taiko Extreme w/ Taiko DC-ATX, and Nenon design Level 3 supply;  Denafrips GAIA DDC w/ Revelation Audio Prophecy Cryro Silver I2S connection to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC;  modified Pass Labs XP22 preamp,  Pass X600.8 monoblocks,  restored and modified Sound Lab M-1 electrostats with hot rod backplates

SB88200 cable modem,  EdgeRouterX SFP router,  2 series PFU Buffalo BS-GS2016 switches w/ SR7T LPS and Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFPs, Taiko NetCard, JCAT USBCard XE w/ JCAT Optimo 3 Duo LPS;  DIY Taiko Extreme w/ Taiko DC-ATX, and Nenon design Level 3 supply;  Denafrips GAIA DDC w/ Revelation Audio Prophecy Cryro Silver I2S connection to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC;  modified Pass Labs XP22 preamp,  Pass X600.8 monoblocks,  restored and modified Sound Lab M-1 electrostats with hot rod backplates

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, MartinT said:

No, it has 3 x 75 ohm outputs with one squarewave, and it sounds even better than the original 50 ohm version.

Could you please provide the link to order the exact 3 x 75 ohm outputs with one square wave?   How long did it take to arrive from the time you ordered it?  Thanks

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

75ohm

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, MartinT said:

A modification for my OXCO master clock.  This was suggested in the thread above by @GMG.  The idea is to bond a cube of tungsten directly to the top of the Chinese oven-controlled clock module inside the BG7TBL.

I ordered a 20mm cube of tungsten on eBay and it arrived this morning.  I used 2-part epoxy to tightly bond it to the top of the DAPU OCXO can.  It didn't take long to harden as the clock runs at about 70°C.

It should provide two benefits: 1) vibration damping of the sensitive OCXO by dint of its heaviness; 2) temperature stability once the cube comes up to temperature, helping to prevent temperature variance distortions.

spacer.png

I've just had a listen to two tracks and my immediate impression is that dynamic transients have even more snap to them.  Donald Fagen's Nightfly and Kamakiriad are outstanding recordings and sounded pretty damned good, even cleaner than I remember and with outstanding starting and stopping of transients.

I'm leaving things to fully stabilise and will have another listen later this evening.

Could you provide a link to where you sourced the tungsten cube.  Thanks

1 hour ago, MartinT said:

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Avalfa said:

That's next on the list. Both ER and clock are now powered by the smps's that came with them.

Having both ER and clock now powered by the smps's that came with them is a definite bottleneck in your system.  Of course there are some who find it worthwhile to use LPS's that cost much more than the ER itself, but you need put off buying an inexpensive LPS to use until you can afford the ultimate LPS. 

Some smps's are better than others.  The smps that comes with the ER is actually far better than most, but the one that comes with the Chinese repurposed cell tower clock is not.  That's the first one to replace IMHO.  Replacing both smp's with decent quality LPS's will make a quite noticeable uptick in SQ, even if you use quite inexpensive ones. YMMV

correction: ... you needn't put off ...

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered two BG7TBL 10 MHz OCXO external clocks with 75 ohm outputs and the free shipping was so slow that I thought they were probably lost at sea.  Then I placed a second order with expedited shipping and it arrived promptly.  

Eventually the slow boat from China finally delivered the first two I ordered, and now I have two more than I need.

Send me a pm if you would like me to send you one for $95, including shipping within continental USA, and PayPal fees.  

5 hours ago, MartinT said:

The cable from the B side to your streamer is critical as you have just taken the trouble to clean up the noise using the ER. You now need to keep it clean. Cable length and further pickup of RFI are to be avoided.

I use a 12cm Cat6 link (that's very short) from ER to my ultraRendu and, even then, I can hear the difference between four different links I've tried.

Congrats on an elegantly laid out set up.  Looking forward to your review.

• 1 month later...