IGNORED

Differences in sound: DAC vs. DAC + Pre-amplifier

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, matthias said:

It is easy, if it sounds better it is better.

The technical explanation why it is better sometimes comes much later.

Matt

Curious, do you have an extreme and or have significant time with one in your system?  Can you share your system details?  Are you involved with the development or sales?

My rig

1 hour ago, matthias said:

I have not yet an Extreme and have no affiliation with Taiko Audio.

But I like what these guys are doing and the SQ as well.

In this discussion about pro and contra endpoint it is not about the Taiko Extreme or Sonore.

It is only that this server makes comparisons a little bit easier.

As Romaz mentioned similar conclusions can be made with HQ diy servers and other endpoints than Sonore.

When you follow this thread from post #341 you get my point.

Thanks

Matt

"Exactly,

listening experiences with the Taiko Extreme showed that direct connection of a DAC via USB is superior to Extreme plus HQ endpoint connected to the same DAC.

IMO, there is no evidence at all that the endpoint concept is superior sounding, quite the contrary. 🙂

Matt"

Sorry to the OP and this is OT, but I'm struggling with what your vested interest are here and on various forums.  You stated you have no experience with this product (taiko), continually quoting what others experience are and agreeing with them, especially with a product 99.9% of people will never use - which by all accounts is a great product. 

Now the pile on about how basically roon is such a POS and a new taiko alpha product that is superior to everything else - which I presume you have never used?  Not to take away anything from the taiko dev, but the spirit of that discussion is now just sophomoric.

It seems to me that one should base their narrative on ones actual experiences and not following the crowd for the sake of it.  There is no solution to claim "winner", its impossible, which seems to be the motive of many for whatever reason.

My rig