IGNORED

Building a DIY Music Server

14 hours ago, sakso136 said:

Hi guys i want your opinion on my next move regarding my server.

I m really undecided and cant take the decision.

My server is based on the z390 phantom mb with i9 9900k cpu,hd800,jcat usb,e and lan femto ,euphony os,with 2 keces p8 ulps.

All cables are upgraded to the silver version by nenon.

My current dac,is spdif input only.

I have 2 options:

Go with the recommended upgrade path by nenon wich is taiko atx+v2+jcat xe plus audio gd he20 usb to spdif converter.

Thus solution is going to cost me=4450 euro.

Or option 2 ,install pf ultra oxco spdif bridge with windows 10 pro and fidelizer pro + taiko atx+v2 wich gonna cost me=4000 euro also.

What option will you choose?

Hi Sakso,

My opinion would be to sell your streamer  "as is" because it is good for USB  dac

and buy a used one with AMD (from Longinc in the classified), where you will be able to put a PinkFaun Spdif bridge with Euphony and add the Taiko dc-atx :)

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, AngeloVRA said:

All DC cables are Mundorf SG 1.5mm (AWG15.5) wires in oversized 2.5mm Teflon tubes with Jaeger connectors at the source and either another Jaeger or an Oyaide 5.5/2.1 mm DC plug on the other end. Surprisingly, cotton/silk tubing and JSSG360 shielding didn’t really work out for me in this scenario.

Thank you for sharing :)

It would be interesting to have, if possible, more details about differences between "teflon tubes" and "cotton/silk tubing, JSSG360 shielding", from a sound point of view

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, MarcelNL said:

Guys, for those interested in the Hi-B cut chokes for a LPSU there is an opportunity to get them in near term.

Hi, in the case these chokes improve the SQ and could improve the cold start too, then yes I am interrested in :)

Even if, in my case, with no GPU and with net and spdif cards powered by external PSU, I dont see the origin of difficult cold start (65w cpu) 

• 10 months later...
21 hours ago, WC said:

I have a problem that I’m hoping this group can help me work through:

I’m trying to use a v3 ULPS I purchased from another forum member to power a Taiko ATX. I’m on an Intel i9 11900k and MSI z490M build currently powered by a HD Plex 300w. The problem is the Taiko ATX lights up with a red error light when I try to power it with the ULPS. It works fine with the Plex.

It seems like others experienced this issue and the cause was a voltage swing during startup when using the Hammond 5A chokes. Is this a situation where I should change out the chokes to larger Hammond 195J10’s? If so, would I also have to change any of the capacitors? And would the Mundorf VN180’s be a better substitute for the Hammond Chokes?

Good morning,
I have an AMD server with a 65W CPU and I had the same startup problem with the Hammond 159J and Taiko DC-ATX converter. I changed to Martin Mugs starter but the problem persisted 🙄
I had a 24 pin ATX on which there were only 23 pins connected, I connected the 24th and the PC started... unless it was my ULPS which heated up and was set up ... 😅