IGNORED

UpTone EtherRegen measured. It's a switch.

from the Ether:

On 11/14/2019 at 4:40 PM, Superdad said:

Looks like Amir is offering $10,000 to any of you who can tell the difference between an EtherREGEN and a $20 switch:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/uptone-etherregen.9260/page-5#post-266813

Who will be the first to step up? 9_9 Could buy a nice DAC or a lot of new music or some holiday gifts or just donate to charity. 

[By the way, the graph he is so up in arms about in that post is one he made with 23 feet(!) of three $4 Amazon USB cables chained together--with those he found a slight bit more "noise" picked up by an ISO REGEN. Of course he ignores what the device is about. Guess when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.]

9 hours ago, firedog said:

Nonsense. I have a great system that I enjoy listening to. I like to spend my money on products that have demonstrable benefits. I'm perfectly capable of buying the ER or any other add on product and "hearing" an SQ bump in sighted listening. I prefer not to spend my money just to engage in self deception. 

And don't misunderstand: if reputable measurements come out showing what the ER does, I'd be glad to buy it. I'd also probably buy it if several well run/designed blind listening tests showed it to make an audible difference. I am willing to entertain the possibility that there are aspects to audio we don't know how to measure. I'm just not willing to use that catch all explanation for every sighted (and by definition) biased listening test. 

well put

I would still like to know how all that noise gets past the transformers on wired Ethernet, so that this sort of thing is needed at all.  The other "explanations" for this item make no sense at all.  Without proof this product look like a dud.

7 hours ago, mansr said:

The measured noise is of course (largely) created by the DAC. That is entirely expected. What the test shows is that the output of the DAC is not influenced by the choice of Ethernet switch. Even if the switches do something differently, the DAC doesn't care. So why pay 10x more for no change in outcome?

Do you give any credence to the argument that the measurements should have been made with music playing?

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I'm not sure what facts I can reveal, but people can put some of the dots together by looking at the evidence that's public. If your company helps Amir make money your products won't be talked about in the same vein and won't have a subjective slime wrapped around the measurements. 

Seriously, start by asking him why he hasn't measured the Berkeley Audio Design current production products and compared them to his list of inexpensive products. He certainly has access to the products. He was and still may be a dealer for them. He is friends with Michael Ritter from way back in the Pacific Microsonics / Microsoft acquisition days. 

Ever wonder why he is a big supporter of MQA? The dots are there to be connected. They revolve around money and friendships. 

Why does this matter? Because it's the tip of the iceberg and oozes into everything done over there. 

Assuming arguendo that the above is true, how does it affect these measurements?

Did his bias cause him to misread the noise analyzer?

Did his bias lead him to mis-perform the measurements in some manner?

Did his bias affect the screenshots he posted?

21 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

cancel culture 

if you want to see a real cancel culture then go look at the Amir Hate Thread - it is supposed to be listening impressions.

You also did NOT answer my question.

If you are biased in favor of your advertisers, your site is nothing but an ad itself.

3 minutes ago, nbpf said:

I finally checked the "Audio Science Review" web page and I have to agree with those that find the tone and the style of the review unacceptable.  

That said, I do not see anything obviously wrong in the methodology and in the measurements and the bad style of the review does not justify dismissing its findings.

In other words, valid objections to the results presented in "Audio Science Review" should be based on logical arguments or on facts or measurements that invalidate the ones presented in the review or that demonstrate their irrelevance, not on arguments of fairness, style or good taste. So far, I do not think that I have come across any such valid objections in this thread. Am I missing something obvious?

well put