IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

On 11/23/2019 at 12:47 PM, darkstar said:

My listening impressions fall in line with other owners are saying. 
Initial observations were the outstanding clarity. My wife thought the sound lost some body and warmth. I think we are both correct

Due in part to the ER and in part to some sizzling hot silver speaker cable I recently installed, my sentiments were similar to yours. Ended up compensating by installing a very smooth interconnect between my preamp and power amp. I could not be happier. My system has never sounded this good (in 4+ decades of audio obsession)... I’m hearing a phenomenal combination of depth, clarity and sweetness. 

21 hours ago, OldBigEars said:

I've been thinking about upgrading my microRendu 1.4 to one of the costlier Rendu variants but am somewhat dubious about the difference it would make.

For what it’s worth, I upgraded my home system from micro to ultra as soon as the ultra came out. The difference was not subtle, and I liked it enough that I purchased a second ultra (for my office system). 

2 hours ago, so-no-mah said:

Ralph Waldo Emerson said that one should “cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously."”

Those of us in the Uptone Audio "family" are thankful for all the great products your intrepid venture has produced and shared.

And yes, the firmware update is for the better--more transparent, detailed and live-sounding still....

I agree whole-heartedly with all three of these statements.

4 hours ago, Jud said:

One of my favorites for listening tests, because it's short, simple, emphasizes vocals, and this time it's something pretty much everyone has heard: The Beatles' "I'll Follow the Sun."

Aside: if you love the Beatles, or even if you don't, what Chet Atkins does with this song on his PICKS ON THE BEATLES album is amazing. The entire album is a neglected gem, IMO.