IGNORED

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Audioclyde said:

The naysayers out there just need to give it a listen. 

Could not agree more. Years ago, I ordered an Aqvox audiphile switch and returned it after a couple of weeks of listening. It did not make a meaningful difference compared to a netgear with a proper power supply for example and I thought money was better spent elsewhere.

Then almost two years ago, the story broke about the EtherRegen. Based on all the thinking that went into it, and that was described in detail here, I decided to give the idea of a special switch one more try with the EtherRegen, and I'm happy I did.

I'm actually contemplating purchasing a second one, replacing the other switch in my setup (which is JS-2 mac mini  > JS-2 powered netgear FS105 > 10m JSSG cable > Farad-powered EtherRegen > .3m JSSG360 cable > Metrum Ambre streamer)

@sahmen happy to hear you're enjoying the ER so much! As a fellow Ambre owner, I can confirm that the EtherRegen has a very positive effect on it :) It gets even better after burn-in.

The Ambre should be able to run from the B-side without problems. I have it running that way, without any trickery. Have you tried taking the power off of the etherregen? When Roon didn't see my Ambre/Adagio combo, just unplugging the DC cable from the etherregen and putting it back in solved it..