IGNORED

ALLO USBridge Signature

On 9/24/2019 at 10:21 PM, allo.com said:

Usbridge Sig/ Audiiophile SBC will send the standard i2s signal (rather cleaner) but not over 384Khz (with the right distri)

Usbridge Sig will run standard Rasbian but speed on network will be limited to 100Mbs. By updating the driver of the ethernet IC you will reach 330Mbs ( we will post a manual on how to do itl and the source code of the driver)

Any news on how to update the ethernet driver?

• 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, allo.com said:

My team ais advising me that we need to compile manually for Arch 64 and we will do so and have it on our website...but it will take at least 1 week (less than 2)

I usually compile kernels according to my needs, could I be informed, when it will be, of the procedure you use to compile the kernel for ARCH64?

I had now used this procedure
https://github.com/allocom/USBridgeSig/tree/master/ethernet

and then compiled the kernel....

But apparently then problems with the usb bridge arise....

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, chipvn said:

Can you help to explain how could you install GentooPlayer on this modified CM4 USBridge Sig?

I downloaded the GentooPlayer RP4 image and burnt to an MicroSD card.

However, it get stuck in the 1st booting step regardless of using default setting or otg_mode 1 with / without noeth.dtbo overlay method that @metronet advised for the VitOS.

on gentooplayer without modifying anything should start, the kernel for cm4 is already included....where does it get blocked?

3 minutes ago, chipvn said:

This is where I got stucked without changing anything from the GentooPlayer RP4 V6.30

20210911_131534.jpg

it's not locked, it's started, gentooplayer has not enabled, by default, the login screen.

if it is connected to the lan network you should find it and connect with a browser to ip:5000

from what i see in the picture it seems that it is not connected to a router with a lan cable

7 minutes ago, chipvn said:

That's screenshot is without any modification. Just booted straight from the image file downloaded from your site.

If I add in the otg_mode=1 in the config file, then it seem like the LAN port is powered on but the orange led keep blinking without success. I could not find it in my LAN Network.

Below is the screenshot with otg_mode=1

20210911_180648.jpg

from this screenshot it seems that the network has started...

the green led should be steady and the orange one should be blinking

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 2:39 PM, chipvn said:

One of the interesting point is whenever I select new DAC, GentooPlayer will need to be restarted. However, this action will reset the config.txt file back to default and thus, will remove the "otg_mode=1" line which means the ASIX ethernet port will not work.

I need to edit the config.txt file again to add back that otg_mode line.

gp-update fixes this...

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, chipvn said:

@WuBai Thank you for the info and update. Looking forward to your update.

@antonellocaroli Do you use the AX88179 driver from Allo or the standard driver from ASIX?

Thanks

In GentooPlayer, the updated AX88179 from Allo driver is compiled directly when the kernel is compiled, so there is no need to use an installation script.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...