IGNORED

Cables with 90-degree Plugs?

25 minutes ago, Temporal_Dissident said:

Anyone aware of any audiophile-grade cables that have 90-degree plugs? Looking for XLR and Toslink. My new ELAC DD2 DAC is too deep from my shelving. I am playing for centimeters.

I know Transparent can make one for you. I've been to the factory and seen some of the crazy custom cables they've made. 90 degree termination should be a piece of cake. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

2 hours ago, Temporal_Dissident said:

Anyone aware of any audiophile-grade cables that have 90-degree plugs? Looking for XLR and Toslink. My new ELAC DD2 DAC is too deep from my shelving. I am playing for centimeters.

With Toslink you have the option of using an adapter like this one, not a bad idea if you already own a good quality Toslink cable that you'd like to continue using.

Neutrik makes a right-angle XLR plug, you could re-terminate an existing cable, or make a new one with that connector at one end if you don't wish to butcher a perfectly good existing cable:

Neutrik_NC3FRX_B_3_Pole_Right_1346172019_888347.jpg.adab13d61a3680d9248e4e7b17d5113b.jpg

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

You can buy these already made up with 90 degree Neutriks on one end. 

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/XLRMMFA3--pro-co-mastermike-microphone-cable-3-foot-with-angled-xlrf

Just be sure you put the angled part on the correct end.  

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.