IGNORED

All Linear Power -- Possible?

15 hours ago, fas42 said:

A better phrase could be that it's our most adaptable sensory input, capable of discerning variations in a massive dynamic range - with built-in, brilliantly engineered AGC, it can withstand staggeringly intense input for tiny periods of time, yet detect below our technical ability to create noise-free environments with ease. Which is part of the reason why it's hard to "trick it", ;)

Most playback will fail at one or the other end, or both - not do quiet properly, not do loud properly. Part of the task is to get the setup to do the "extremes" right - this is very achievable; but won't, unless the efforts are made.

are you talking about vision?  or smell?

it might be frutifull to pull apart the very high-end DACs that have 3 different PSs in them - and see which PS is the highest quality one

I'd expect that the PS that serves very low level analog signals just after the D>A conversion would be most critical as the signal is smallest there

Likewise, I expect the PS in my Audio Research pre-amp is a pretty good one (it was $5k new, and they are known for hand testing and selection of caps, resistors, etc.)

11 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Would you require books to be able to love somebody? Do you need papers to be happy? Do you know you are pure bliss without anything written or even spoken? Sorry for possible OT.

we were discussing "describe how the world works"

that is the role of scientific publications