IGNORED

Bel Canto Black System 2

A year or so back I was perusing the C.A.S.H. list and brought Bel Canto Black to@The Computer Audiophile's attention as a review subject.  Forget the exact model DAC on that list which lead me to question revisiting their modern offerings.  To my knowledge that was the last mention of this local company or their products here.  

Do you own one of the Black products or were you hoping to pick the minds of others with experience using them?

On 7/9/2019 at 3:42 PM, Bazinga said:

I purchased the Black System ASC2 

Controller & 2 Monoblocks . So far I’m very 

impressed 

Any further impressions you can add would be appreciated.  Bel Canto seems to have focused on better products than advertising after the days when all you needed to be cool was a 192/24 pipe bomb DAC ended.  

I have always been a fan of bel canto.  Used to own, for a brief period, the short lived bel canto CD-1-which was basically their last "full size" product.  It was a single box, dedicated CD player and it was superb.  Not sure how many of these bel canto made, but for anyone looking for a traditional disc player, do not hesitate to purchase this if you can find one on the used market.  I used the CD-1 as my reference as I made the transition to computer based playback, I only sold it when my computer based system was able to equal the performance of the single box CD-1.

I love the integrated approach of Black, for many people, it could be all you need, just add speakers and a place to store your files... 

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 1 year later...

Hi there, hope you still have the bel canto blacks and can share your opinion. I am considering purchasing one, and also looking for some suggestions for streamers to pair with it. Currently i hAve bel canto ref 1000mk II amps driving a lumin T2. I absolutely love the lumin and am looking at U1. Any thoughts welcome!

On 1/1/2021 at 10:13 PM, Asok said:

Currently i hAve bel canto ref 1000mk II amps driving a lumin T2. I absolutely love the lumin and am looking at U1. Any thoughts welcome!

You can use your T2 as a transport to another DAC if you want.  Simply switch the output to USB or BNC-SPDIF using Lumin app.  It is functionally equivalent to U1 except the U1 adds a few outputs such as AES, have a better power supply and a heavy aluminium chassis.

Peter Lie

LUMIN Firmware Lead