IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

3 minutes ago, Billgates307 said:

I doubt Ramroot is working like it's supposed to in V4.

I'm not saying it isn't but  i have my doubt's. When i activate Ramroot, my usb stick, which has a activity led  keeps flashing while playing music. Maybe the 'Ramroot' is developed on the usb stick instead of your PC memory. (see picture)

On the 'int. drives' tab there's no 'Zram0' to be found.

Ev4 ramroot.PNG

Mine different. Looks to be working. You can test by adding more ram to buffer songs. If you run out then it’s because your Ram has OS on it. 

65ED7B4C-20C0-4ADC-B0C1-98FA19FB14BC.png

2 hours ago, Billgates307 said:

Maybe it's me, but i think we should stick to the plan and evaluate Euphony Beta 'as is' (on USB device) so we can report back to Željko and the Euphony team of our findings without any complications that could have arisen by these tweaks.

Out of the box, on USB, version 4 already is a big uptick in sound quality (in my system).

We are only complicating things if we try to install it on a hard drive and after that send support tickets because off  various problems.

Anyways, that's just my two cents.

Bill   

100% agree with this. Considering this is beta, well I actually think it’s stable. Zeijko has done his magic here. I’ve been playing music all day without any hiccups, both with Stylus & HQP. 

Zeijko also confirms Ramroot is working. 

For people who are just joining in, don’t be alarmed reading last few pages. Latest release absolute fine. Download it & trial for free, make sure you use a decent usb brand like scandisk & use Rufus to burn the image. 

Well done Zeijko looking forward to the official release. 

11 minutes ago, Yiakubou said:

First of all, that was a generic question, not necessarily related to current beta.

On the other hand I don't see any harm doing this or reporting issues that are a result of strange scenarios or setups, that is if they are reported correctly and with all the details. If Zeljko would like us to use the beta trial only in specific ways, I'm pretty sure he would let us know. In general, it's not a good approach in SW testing to limit yourself to a narrow set of few specific test scenarios. Creative or even destructive testing can lead to some false positives on one hand, but also to discovering bugs that otherwise you would not be able to find under normal circumstances.

Surely if the function to write to ssd is not an option currently then it’s because it’s not ready. Testing/workarounds anything outside current function & highlighting issue could be received as a negative. But do appreciate people can do what they like but wouldn’t expect support. 

• 5 weeks later...

Guys, how do you expect Zeijko to cover his development costs? He clearly needs to charge for it. Same with HQP & many other software out there. You paid for V3, it’s yours forever. If you feel V4 is worth the upgrade then I agree you need to pay for it. 

I certainly don’t have an issue with it. & I have 2 V3 licences. 

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, drjimwillie said:

Good morning

last night my friend had an extra ticket to see Lyle Lovett at our local, Count Basie theater, in red Bank New Jersey. What a fabulous band. And the Count Basie theater has such great acoustics. It is always fun to train my ear to hear what the whole venue should sound like.

I tried your suggestion when I got home last evening.

The dialog box for, update channel, said stable, I pushed the save button.

this morning I am still getting the orange screen asking me to register. I tried putting my name, email address and voucher code in again, but it said the code was not valid.

am I missing something?

I put a ticket in yesterday morning but I have not heard from Zeljko yet. 
I have a friend coming over to help me install a new front door and I wanted him to be able to hear how nice the system sounds and have music playing in the background. Unfortunately that is not going to work very well if the music keeps stopping. 

Your putting on the voucher code. It’s registration code that needs entered. You should have got an email like this. Click on it & it will show you registration number. 

Presume you’ve completed installation to drive? 

CD3B0509-CD04-47D2-9B28-D31B10070A9E.png

6 minutes ago, bbc802 said:

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to thank everyone here whose exchanges convinced me that Euphony was worth trying on.

I got on the v4 train when it got out officially after a short compatibility test with the beta and it's been relatively fuss free using stylus for streaming and local files, with a lot of detail without harshness (but maybe a bit too lean forme when in ramroot)

I still have to test convolution with mono files (using a stereo file per channel apparently doesn't work very well (one channel doesn't play)) and decide on whether I want to continue using ramroot or not but I am currently considering trying to install euphony on the hard drive and am really wondering whether there would be a way for me to keep a windows running along euphony.

Has anyone had success booting from a USB to redirect to the euphony bootloader (I think it's grub but haven't paid attention) ? The idea would be to be able to use a USB to boot and chose between euphony or a windows server on vhd.

And as a secondary question, if I create a 5th partition on my harddrive to host some windows server virtual disks, do you have any idea whether there's a risk for the partition to be overwritten at the next euphony upgrade?

I'll eventually test it but any input will be welcome as there's no sense for me to try if it's certain to fail :)

Hi, should be able to dual boot but not from same hard drive. I would have windows on 1 drive & Euphony on another. 

Here’s a link on how to dual boot. effectively when you start pc & menu will appear with which OS you want to boot. You can set default boot, windows or Euphony. For example if you don’t choose an OS within say 10s it will default to your chosen OS. 

https://opensource.com/article/18/5/dual-boot-linux

3 minutes ago, drjimwillie said:

Thank you for the information.

it looks like I have not received a registration code yet.

after I verified my email I received this page. And that is it so far.

Where is the update button, please?
I have been looking for the update button, but I cannot find it. But I am not in trial and I am not registered, so maybe it does not show up?

831D38AF-9D9C-4E42-92FC-FCAB23FE0F3E.png

What does it say on System info tab? Does it say trial? 

I first removed the original beta version & installed new version from site. That done the trick for me. 

2 hours ago, Tatang said:

I think it depend how the setup from server to dac. If using UPNP through ethernet cable, linux based OS like euphony still can be better if tuned well. But if using USb connection to DAC, I think windows OS will be ahead in comparison, as windows have more advance ASIO driver for USB that can be tuned. Thats my opinion.

Would love someone to write a optimized linux driver for JCAT USB

2 hours ago, Antanas said:

I won’t argue much about the sound, Stylus sounds better, but by how much, let everyone answer for himself. To me, the difference is not that big.
But that's where it ends compared to ROON.
Otherwise, he is as far from ROON, as I am from the moon.
Therefore, their pricing policy does not match the quality of the software.

Fair response. 👍