IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

45 minutes ago, Chopin75 said:

I am in euphony V3 trial but it appears the HQplayer for upsampling has very low volume. Has anyone noted this issue?

is there expert setting onV3 trial too? 

I use Euphony trial as a NAA with HQPlayer desktop. Nothing special in volume level in comparison with Miska's NAA or Audiolinux.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, austinpop said:

For folks who are using Euphony OS, you may be interested in this. Željko now has an experimental build where he has implemented ramroot support, which can be enabled/disabled from the Expert Settings area of the UI.

I've been trying it out for a couple of days, and my results so far have been promising. Just like in AL, enabling ramroot (loading the root partition into a RAM disk, and then booting from it) results in a definite uptick in sound quality.

Željko wants to get a few more proof points before releasing it, and asked me to convey this call for testers. If you're interested in testing it out, and reporting your results here in this thread, please reach out to him by opening a support ticket in the Euphony system.

I am in a process of trying ramroot with NAA endpoint Euphony. First impression is very good! With this I want to confirm a definite change with enabling ramroot.

2 hours ago, bodiebill said:

[...]

And to finish with a confession: I sometimes dread to be influenced by extra-musical things, such as the beautiful yellow color of the Audiolinux screen, the euphonic name 'Euphony', or its smooth visual design. Could these influence my perception of the sound?

But, everything is influenced by something. Even a lack of influence is an influence of a kind.

5 hours ago, Anwar said:

I am having problem with Euphony registration (not trial but proper license).  Even though my internet connection is good, Euphony keeps giving warning message about no internet connection, hence registration cannot work.  Anyone else seeing this problem?  I am using Intel NUC7i5BNH with wired LAN connection.  I was trying to reinstall the RAMroot vs official release for comparison.

To problem with proper license (for endpoint) in my case, works in a second. 

On 8/17/2019 at 12:10 AM, austinpop said:

For folks who are using Euphony OS, you may be interested in this. Željko now has an experimental build where he has implemented ramroot support, which can be enabled/disabled from the Expert Settings area of the UI.

I've been trying it out for a couple of days, and my results so far have been promising. Just like in AL, enabling ramroot (loading the root partition into a RAM disk, and then booting from it) results in a definite uptick in sound quality.

Željko wants to get a few more proof points before releasing it, and asked me to convey this call for testers. If you're interested in testing it out, and reporting your results here in this thread, please reach out to him by opening a support ticket in the Euphony system.

DEV image was updated today. Do not know what Željko changed, but it seem to give another uptick in SQ! Happy to test a new stage of a great product!!

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Jeff Mann said:

After I first downloaded the 10 version I noted that one could not play an album by clicking on the arrow in the center of the track labelled "click to play album". It only played that single track. I contacted Euphony support and they immediately corrected the problem, and soon thereafter issued the 12 update.

I am not computer-sophisticated.

What exactly is "ramroot"? If I enable ramroot in version 12, what will it actually do and do I have to then select certain settings or is the process automatic?

Jeff.

Hi Jeff, 

You need to enable ramroot (button in expert settings) and reboot Euphony (green button top right). You may hear or hear not the difference in sound. If you decide to keep ramroot enabled and loaded you will need to disable ramroot before updating or making system-wide changes in Euphony. Happy listening!

2 hours ago, mantis07 said:

Hi Guys, I've been following this thread and decided to try out Euphony. I downloaded the trial and installed it on a spare PC. It sounded really good so I decided to get a 7i7DNFE and I purchased a Euphony license. So, on my first install attempt for the new NUC I downloaded Euphony trial and the write to USB failed at around 80%.  I tried again on the same stick and it failed again. The installer actually killed my Sandisk  USB stick(now it's read only) so I had to use another stick - same thing - another dead stick. Finally it worked on the 3rd stick. What I didn't realize is that when the Euphony install program failed and I tried again it was actually writing to my internal drives!!! While I was trying to download Euphony I decided to turn on my NAS and 20TB ESata box(attached to Win10 machine used to download Euphony) to copy some music to the NAS. I then realized my 1TB internal got repartitioned with 4 Linux partitions - I guess on the 2nd or 3rd download/write attempt failure the install program grabbed my ESATA storage and killed it. Unfortunately I was using Win10 software RAID0  -drive #3 of a total of four drives got Linux partitioned rendering the array useless. The Euphony install program only showed my Sandisk USB stick during the write - it NEVER showed the other mentioned drives but it sure did a number on them. Fortunately I had the majority of 35000 albums backed up but lost about 5000... and dozens of hours of recovery. Euphony support wasn't much help with this and said it was impossible that it happened using their installer... 

So today as my library was slowly restoring I decided to try the NUC wired vs wireless. I had it set to wireless for about a day and it worked great. Today I tried wired and then tried going back to wireless. Well when I went wireless Euphony all of the sudden showed that it was unregistered/over trial and showed someone else's info that lives in China. What??? I was super frustrated at this point. I write to Euphony about the issue and am told I need to choose what I want for my already paid for license - wired or wireless. I was totally unaware I would have to make a choice. Has this come up for anyone else?? Why would I need to chose an unsupported option when I paid $300. Makes no sense to me. Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks

Tony

I had a problem with SanDisk USB stick and Euphony. After opening a ticket and communicating with Željko it was resolved. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Mann said:

I have the Euphony PTS unit and when I hover my mouse over the "enable ramroot" button, it states that one will not be able to access one's Euphony drive if ramroot is enabled. Does that mean that I will not be able to access "My Music" where I have my downloaded local music files located?

I still do not know what ramroot really is and why it should influence the sound quality of any reproduced music. By the way, my headphone-based audio system is as follows -: Euphony PTS music server => Matrix X-SPDIF convertor => Wyred-4-Sound 2v2se 10th Anniversary DAC => Niimbus US4+ headphone amplifier => HiFiMan Susvara headphones.

Jeff.

I am using Euphony endpoint image only and in my case enabling ramroot doesn't interfere with music files on a server side. As I understand enabling ramroot moves Euphony from an usb stick to RAM memory of computer. One can remove a stick after ramroot loaded.

3 hours ago, dc-audiogeek said:

Wow, definitely do not play around with Ramroot until you read the KB article! I turned the option on while I was using Euphony Stylus. Big mistake! I thought I bricked my Euphony install, but fortunately, Željko came to my aid as soon as I requested assistance.

I had similar experience while trying ramroot together with copying functions on endpoint. Ramroot loading after reboot was not happening anymore with one of my usb sticks, and even formatting the stick and repeating all installation process from the beginning was not helping. Željko's remote assistance resolved the issue.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Chopin75 said:

Also I am unable to undo the Ramroot despite rebooting after disabling it ?!   SO I am stuck with RAMRoot.  I have about 30% RAM used now with RAMroot. I am not sure if there is a lot of improvement esp I can't go back to non-RAMroot to compare! 

I had the opposite problem, after loading and rebooting the message was "ramroot will be enabled after reboot" and it was repeating time after time. You need to open a ticket with Euphony. In my case Željko fixed the issue with remote, there was something with USB stick.

16 minutes ago, FelipeRolim said:

I downloaded the latest version of Euphony and restarted the experiments. I set it up as I had done before and added the suggestions colleagues left on the topic. Improved, but aspects that don't relate to what I wrote that Windows is superior. That is, it continued to play incorrectly from the timbre point of view, without the same dynamics and articulation of Windows and with a remarkable poverty in textures and harmonics. With the monitor connected to the computers, I tried everything without success. It was the last time I tried a Linux.

Would you please mention which components you use to get such wonderful audio from Windows? Thank you.

• 5 months later...

I am using mac mini with HQPlayer 4 desktop and NUC with Euphony or HQP own endpoint alternatively. And, I clearly prefer Miska's endpoint in this configuration. At first it may seem that Euphony gives more resolving sound, but with longer listening and comparison it becomes clear that HQP endpoint offers less disturbing and more natural, musical sound.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, HeeBroG said:

I guess my problem is that despite doing a full install, I boot from USB.

I therefore don't see any available updates when in Ramroot.

Easy fix is an alert here when an update is released

Cheers,

G

The same here, I boot from USB. After "Complete install" updates check works ok even in ramroot. It is seen on picture below: ramroot enabled, update check works.

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 12.37.04.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 10:21 PM, VladST said:

Also, I’d better recommend you to solve money for the Tesla Home Battery for the end point/server and Etheregen as well in addition to good LPS - it’ll be more clear power supply. The key idea: to have much clear end point as it can be organized

Would you give all your priceless well thought recommendations in one post?