IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

11 hours ago, damien78 said:

That's correct, 3.5 now takes the folder into account when grouping tracks into albums.

This fixes the issue of the "Greatest Hits" and other albums with same title, and same album artist, or none that were wrongly merged.

When album artist is missing from the album tracks, the one that is common to 3/4th of the album tracks is picked as album artist.

Damien, is there an option to deactivate the folder structure reading? I had to reconstruct my music hard disk the other day which means that albums are now occasionally spread over several folders. 

My album artists tags are well maintained, that’s all I need. 

1 minute ago, damien78 said:

This is not planned. Though what kind albums do you have spread over several folders?

Are albums with multiple discs? If yes, then what is the naming folders scheme of such album?

Audirvana recognises folders whose name ends with cd, disk, disc, disque, part, vol., or volume followed by numbers, enclosed in brackets or parentheses, to be folders corresponding of discs of a single album, and thus merges them in a single album.

Many of them. This is due to how the disc recovery program placed them into folders after my hard drive crash (with backup issues) a bit all over the place. It would mean literally hundreds of manual copies if I had to rectify that myself. 

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, jimdukey said:

AV 3.5 is not retaining Prefs for Mytek.

It's back to only getting DSD 64.

Disappointing, but I have Lampi and Mac.

@damien78 that would actually be a great feature if A+ would be able to remember different settings for different DACs. I regularly switch between my main system DAC at home and my Dragonfly Red while on the road using different up sampling settings for both. 

Damien, could you add this to your list of feature requests?

11 hours ago, hykhleif said:

it feels so unresponsive with tidal and in general not happy now, knowing i have macbook pro 2018 the highest specs

when i press .on songs to play on tidal it literally takes more than 10 seconds to respond

i feel the software is choking

With one of the early Betas I also had long loading times for Qobuz. This completely disappeared now. I’ve seen other anecdotal reports of long streaming load times in the A+ forum, that Damien wasn’t able to reproduce. Maybe it is a system/network dependent issue that is not generally reproducible.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/13/2019 at 9:32 PM, AudioDoctor said:

@elcorso Wow, a separate partition for each player is crazy obsessive...  ha.

I have zero problems as well, other than the stoppage at 8-9 seconds before the end of the track periodically with all players on one partition.

Haven’t had that early stop for a while now, probably since 3.5. 

• 3 months later...
15 minutes ago, JohnM73 said:

Yes I have selected Genre / Artist / Album in the settings.

In the old remote, it very handily displayed a list of all genres down the left hand window of the screen (when using ipad in landscape mode). Click on a genre, only those albums covers displayed in the right window. Perfect!

In this new remote, when one clicks upon Albums, you just get a screen full of every album cover. Yes, they are arranged by my selection of Genre / Artist / Album, but there is not a header/title displaying the genre to separate out the albums into easily navigable groupings.

To be honest I have never been happy with the new Audirvana, much preferred the layout of the 2.* versions. And now I dislike this new remote too. Really feel like each paid upgrade has been a downgrade for me which ALWAYS ends up causing me wasting precious time to sort out issues like this. Think I’ll move back to my Raspberry Pi3b and Moode unless I can get this new remote app to display Genre headings in Albums view.

You do realize you can simply filter by genre?