IGNORED

Mytek Stereo 192

Dear Mytek support, can you look into this? I'm using 1.6, Firewire 3.5.6 and Windows 7/64bit. Trial version of JPlay is available. Thanks.

I wouldn't think this is a Mytek issue. DSD plays beautifully on J River and HQPlayer, both Windows players. I play J River via DoP firewire, USB and/or ASIO.

I wouldn't think this is a Mytek issue. DSD plays beautifully on J River and HQPlayer, both Windows players. I play J River via DoP firewire, USB and/or ASIO.

Yes. I'm using foobar2k+dsd plugin without issue. I just want to report that it doesn't work, at least with JPlay in the moment.

Hi, when I select the usb1 menu, it only let me choose input syn but in the menu, it said internal syn. Do I miss anything?

I did write an email to Michal but no answer yet !!!!! Does anybody advise what's happen?

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/attachments/f6-dac-digital-analog-conversion/2042d1348158976-mytek-stereo-192-inputsynch.jpg

Hello Ted and Ray

We have included USB1 as a feature for users who DO NOT WANT to install or tweak anything, just want simple plug and play up to 2496. The red on the menu tree means default- by default USB1 syncs to input only. It also by default is up-sampled by a hardware upsampler to 192k, primarily to remove USB1 jitter (same technique Benchmark DAC1 uses by default) . There is really no point in trying other configurations with USB1- the'd not sound good. If you up for tweaking and want better performance, the USB2 or FW is recommended.

Hope this helps. Best Regards, Michal at Mytek New York

Yes. I'm using foobar2k+dsd plugin without issue. I just want to report that it doesn't work, at least with JPlay in the moment.

DSD64 works perfectly for me with JPlay 4.3 and the Mytek. Use the Kernel Streaming Audio Interface. If you use ASIO, you'll get loud white noise. In general I would recommend the USB2.0 input with the Mytek while running JPlay--with Firewire, I cannot get dropout-free playback using the Xtream Engine (which sounds the best to me), even with Redbook material. With the USB2.0 input, I can use the Xtream Engine and Directlink with most material (and Minimum Streaming and Buffer settings in the USBPAL Control Panel). For DSD, I keep the Streaming Buffer at ExtraSmall and use Directlink and 4 sample buffer settings in JPlay. Try it out and see how it goes.

Unfortunately, I can't get DSD128 working with JPlay and Mytek, but that is probably not surprising since the Mytek doesn't yet accommodate DSD128 via DoP yet, only via ASIO over USB. I thought maybe it would work with the ASIO interface in JPlay, but I don't think they're supporting DSD over ASIO, only DoP. Hopefully the rumored 1.7 update from Mytek will address this.

After the remote session with Josef, the developer of JPlay, DSD playback finally works. I'm using firewire connecting to an old iMac, 2.8GHz Core2Duo, 6GB RAM running Windows 7 64bit. The audio interface is KS. The buffer must be set to at least 2 and both Beach and River work. Xtreme doesn't work cause buffer is required to be at least 32.

Thanks Josef. ^^

I have bought mytek for a month and like it very much, especially via FireWire with Mac Pro. However, I have found the FireWire is very unstable, first the 400 to 400 Cale does not work, then I bought audioquest carbon for 800 to 400 and in worked till today, out of a sudden it failed to detect the device.

I have reinstalled the FireWire driver but does not help, therefore I tried to replace my audioquest cable with a cheap one, which works.

What's wrong and the audioquest cable works when I connect it with my external cd drive

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u

mitch,

I have no Mac but nevertheless you could try OHCI-Tool for Mac/OSX to check whether your build in firewire chip is reported as compatible with dice chip (mytek)...

you can download here:

https://dev.tctechnologies.tc/tcat/tags/release/public/latest/binary/tools/ohciTool/osx/Release/ohciTool.app/Contents/MacOS/ohciTool

Windows Notebook / Foobar2000 -> Mytek 192 DSD -> Lua 6060 Tube Amp -> T+A Speaker

Vinyl: Thorens TD320 / MC Rondo Red -> Threshold Fet Nine -> Lake People ADC C440 -> AES

HP: Denon AH-D7000

at least in the version for windows there is a button 'scan now'.

if you click it shows info about all firewire adapters attached to your mainboard: vendor/chipset/compatibility with dice drivers

Windows Notebook / Foobar2000 -> Mytek 192 DSD -> Lua 6060 Tube Amp -> T+A Speaker

Vinyl: Thorens TD320 / MC Rondo Red -> Threshold Fet Nine -> Lake People ADC C440 -> AES

Thank you, but the problem is not my Mac Pro, so it is either Mytek or the Firewire cable.

I replaced with another firewire cable, and again it works without any problem.

The Audioquest Firewire has been running good for two weeks, but till out of a sudden a crash caused by Audiravana Plus, the Mytek failed to get detected with this cable.

Interestingly, I connect the audioquest with my external dvd, and runs without any problem

B&W 800 Diamond D2, Goldmund Eidos Reference CD, Goldmund Telos 600, Goldmund Mimesis 32, Cello Audio Palette MIV.[br]MacBook Pro, LIO, Mytek 192, HD800, Luxman SQ-38U, Luxman MQ-88u

I'm beta testing some new firmware that, among other things, allows the aluminum Apple remote to be set up as default remote. Very nice. I will test further to make sure all aspects of the firmware is production ready. Nice option for those doing direct-to-amp.

I'm beta testing some new firmware that, among other things, allows the aluminum Apple remote to be set up as default remote.

I never fiddle with my Mytek DAC so I dont get the remote requirement at all. What are you doing with the remote! At any rate Ted can you ask Michal what his plans are for the Firewire driver. This new build mentioned above has another long list of fixes. If it solves the sample rate switching bug introduced in 4.0 can he please be nagged to release it as soon as practical. The Windows release notes are here: https://dev.tctechnologies.tc/tcat/tags/release/public/4.1.0/14546/docs/drv/tcat_dice_drv_win_release_notes.html .

Presumably this change solves the sample rate switching issue.

"A new checkbox has been added to the Control Panel which allows user control over whether WDM applications are allowed to change the sample rate on Windows Vista and later. This is for users who primarily use WDM audio applications. Users who use ASIO audio applications should leave this unchecked to prevent an issue where WDM audio could fail to play when an ASIO application is active."

Music Interests: http://www.onebitaudio.com

Pacwin,

Will do. I run firewire and Windows Vista (JRMC) and have no problems whatsoever, but will ask Michal.

I am not a remote user either (I run bypass and have told folks ad nauseum it sounds better) but reporting that those that do run remote (i.e direct to amp) have a nice solution.

Hi Ted!

I'm beta testing some new firmware that, among other things, allows the aluminum Apple remote to be set up as default remote. Very nice. I will test further to make sure all aspects of the firmware is production ready. Nice option for those doing direct-to-amp.

I am tempted to gat a Apple remote for controlling the Mytek (volume control), as this seems a very slim and "stylish" option. And I wouldn't have to use the - mere uggly - TV remote for that purpose anymore.

How are the functions of the remote correlating with the options on the Mytek - i.e. which button does exactly what ... ?

Esoterc SA-60 / Foobar2000 -> Mytek Stereo 192 DSD / Audio-GD NFB 28.38 -> MEG RL922K / AKG K500 / AKG K1000  / Audioquest Nighthawk / OPPO PM-2 / Sennheiser HD800 / Sennheiser Surrounder / Sony MA900 / STAX SR-303+SRM-323II

pacwin,

with a remote you can do every kind of control (all menu functions), not just volume control. I find this very comfortable, even in bypass mode.

Here is a rough guide. Know that when you are not in menu mode that knob-fwd and knob-backward means "volume + and volume -" (headphone if bypassed, main system if not). A 10 ft headphone cord can make remote volume a nice thing. Also, as has been mentioned, this can be a nice way to remotely dim display, change filtering, etc.

apple mytek.jpg

Anyone know the output impedance of the headphone amp?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

I am tempted to gat a Apple remote for controlling the Mytek (volume control),
When I use the Apple Remote to control Audirvana, a lot of times iTunes starts to play (I've not find an option to prevent it...).

So I fear I could have the same problem using the remote with the Mytek.

Now I have a cheap universal remote that controls all functions of the Mytek.

When I use the Apple Remote to control Audirvana, a lot of times iTunes starts to play (I've not find an option to prevent it...).

So I fear I could have the same problem using the remote with the Mytek.

Now I have a cheap universal remote that controls all functions of the Mytek.

Very good point. It's almost more applicable for a non-Mac setup as default. But there is a simple workaround (assuming you don't want Mac remote activity at all):

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu in the upper-left menu bar.

2. Choose Security from the View menu.

3. Click the lock and enter your Administrator password if necessary.

4. Check (enable) the "Disable remote control infrared receiver" checkbox.

Hello,

I'm considering a Mytek Stereo 192 DAC.

But I'd like to know two things first.

1. Apparently, to switch input, it is necessary to go through the menu.

Can it be done with a remote ?

I'd like to be able to press a button to switch to one input and to press another button to switch to another input.

2. In page 2 of this thread, Michael from Mytek (thanks for answering our questions BTW) states DSD is transformed DIRECTLY to analog, without using PCM.

Other DSD DAC manufacturers (3D Lab, Sonore) claim that it is not possible and that Mytek, as well as them, convert to I2S (which is PCM) first.

Can we get a definitive answer from Mytek ?

Do you convert DSD to I2S ?

Thanks a lot