IGNORED

Farad supercap DC power supplies

29 minutes ago, Roasty said:

I tried the audiosensibility signature silver dc cable (2 pieces) for about 2.5 weeks in my system, from Farad Super 3 to SOTM sms200ultraneo and snh10g. i sent them back eventually because they never seemed to settle down and i was getting some harshness and brightness in my system. this was coming from gotham dc cables from ghent audio. \

in contrast, i soon tried a Farad L2 silver cable on my streamer and it sounded fantastic to me. ended up ordering 3 more for my ER, SU-6 and sotm switch. the L2 silver made the system sound so full and realistic to me. i have not looked back since.

not to knock on Audiosensibility products. just saying it may be down to system synergy and preference. i recently received a set of their statement silver RCA cables and they sound amazing.

Do you mean the level 2 DC copper cable, or silver Farad?

On 2/16/2021 at 3:20 PM, Varadero xl 1000v said:

lOk, I got it.  I am waiting to receive the level 2 copper dc cable ..

Mine should arrive these days.

How is your Orange fuse going on?
For me it is really like they wrote, it is changing sound permanently..now after more than a week, it starts to sound open and clear suddenly...present. Suddenly like i don't need level 2 cable :D

Macbook Pro 2015 > JCAT XE USB > Matrix X SPDIF3 > AyES > Mutec MC3+ > EC Designs PowerDAC B > Topping Pre90 > Wadia a102 > Cardas SE9 cables > John Blue JB3 speakers. All Clear cables Cardas IC, AyES, Beyond & XL

1 hour ago, M_audio said:

Mine should arrive these days.

How is your Orange fuse going on?
For me it is really like they wrote, it is changing sound permanently..now after more than a week, it starts to sound open and clear suddenly...present. Suddenly like i don't need level 2 cable :D

Today I received the following shown in the photo 1.

The orange fuse was installed on Streamer Auralic G 1. I will listen for several days, and then I will put the level 2 cable. Finally I will change the iec of farad with furutec.  Indeed, the orange in farad sounds very nice!  What impresses me the most is the volume of the sound!  Music has finally acquired a "body".  

This prompted me to buy one more for Streamer (Photo 2) ..

20210222_114347.jpg

20210222_185652.jpg

But you already have Orange in Farad?
For the Orange you need couple of weeks :D or 2 weeks.

Is changing the IEC in Farad easy??

For me it sounds almost like i dont need Level 2 cable, as the Orange fuse is completing burning in slowly!

Macbook Pro 2015 > JCAT XE USB > Matrix X SPDIF3 > AyES > Mutec MC3+ > EC Designs PowerDAC B > Topping Pre90 > Wadia a102 > Cardas SE9 cables > John Blue JB3 speakers. All Clear cables Cardas IC, AyES, Beyond & XL

25 minutes ago, M_audio said:

But you already have Orange in Farad?
For the Orange you need couple of weeks :D or 2 weeks.

Is changing the IEC in Farad easy??

For me it sounds almost like i dont need Level 2 cable, as the Orange fuse is completing burning in slowly!

Yes, I have in farad.  Today I also put it in the streamer.  

Depending on its performance, I might as well put orange on my Mcintosh MA 7900 amplifier. For level 2 cable, discard the feedback when I use it.  

Yes, it's easy, a technician can do it easily.

DId you hear any difference with Furu Rhodium IEC?

Does anyone know what's expected burn in time of Level 2 Copper cable? 

3 hours ago, Varadero xl 1000v said:

I have not yet installed it on the lpsu Farad.  I just installed the level 2 cable today and now I have to wait about 100-150 hours to see the results.  

When I'm done with that, then I'll put the iec furutec ..

You can hear it within 30 minutes

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

• 2 weeks later...

Still burning in 1m Level 2 Copper cable. And the standard just started to sound so good!
The 1m Level 2 will take a month at least.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I just ordered a Farad 9V with an orange SR fuse.
I do not really master electronics etc .....
How exactly is the fuse installed in the farad.

1 - the direction of the fuse is that of the writing on the fuse but what is the meaning in farad. Writing to the mains input.

2 - The fuse snaps? nothing is indicated in the manual except to remove the top of the farad.

merci :)

Good morning.

After removing the black cover of the Farad power suply, with a test screwdriver, and after connecting the device to the socket, find out which of the two bases the light is on.  On this base should be placed the side that has the "S".  This is the right way to place .

Be very careful with the current!  Great attention!

20210222_185652.jpg

2 minutes ago, Varadero xl 1000v said:

Good morning.

After removing the black cover of the Farad power suply, with a test screwdriver, and after connecting the device to the socket, find out which of the two bases the light is on.  On this base should be placed the side that has the "S".  This is the right way to place .

Be very careful with the current!  Great attention!

I would not go unnecessary risks and turn the Farad on without the cover.

According to Mattijs, you need to place fuse so the text reads from back to front, so the S is at the back and the R at front side. 
You will know when you open it (but better disconnect the power cable first)

1 hour ago, M_audio said:

I would not go unnecessary risks and turn the Farad on without the cover.

According to Mattijs, you need to place fuse so the text reads from back to front, so the S is at the back and the R at front side. 
You will know when you open it (but better disconnect the power cable first)

Thank you for your answers to all .
I would have done the opposite! lol.

So the method is the S on the side of the IEC connector (Furutech for example)
I will receive it in principle tomorrow.

Difficult to express feelings when English is not my language.
First impression hot, rather cold, of the installation of the FARAD on my etherregen.
just an hour after the FARAD was turned on.
From the start I felt a different feeling when listening to my test playlist.
My first word is some opening up of the soundstage (more open bass and detailed high frequency). I think I am not mistaken. My clock is also burning in etc .....
I have the impression that "the sound level" is "lower" and I can go up two or three notches more than my usual volume without the sound invading me

I'm going to let it all burn in. The power cable, SR orange, Farad .. everything is new. It has to fall into place.

The aesthetics of the FARAD is pretty even if I prefer the jewel JS2 Uptone Audio. A black JS2 would be a desire for me.

Laurent