IGNORED

Added New Preamp To System - Now Interconnect Isn't Long Enough, Causing Major Problems - What To Do?

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:02 PM, TubeLover said:

The interconnect in question, is a .5 meter AudioQuest Niagara, a former top of line cable for them, back about 8-9 years ago. I

Do you have any technical specifications for this cable such as Capacitance per metre ?

Many valve preamplifiers are sensitive to the amount of cable capacitance that they drive, and it is possible that a slightly longer interconnect such as the LC1 ( low capacitance) from Blue Jeans may be more suitable than the other typical construction cables.

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/audio/LC1-design-notes.htm

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Tubelover: Be careful buying Audioquest cables online from anyone other than an authorized dealer.  I unfortunately bought a Chinese counterfeit AQ cable online a few years back.  The fakes are incredibly hard to distinguish from authentic (ask me how I know 😒).

Even if you buy from a private seller they could have bought a counterfeit cable online without knowing it.  Siltech is another brand that is faked a lot.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

7 hours ago, sandyk said:

Do you have any technical specifications for this cable such as Capacitance per metre ?

Many valve preamplifiers are sensitive to the amount of cable capacitance that they drive, and it is possible that a slightly longer interconnect such as the LC1 ( low capacitance) from Blue Jeans may be more suitable than the other typical construction cables.

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/audio/LC1-design-notes.htm

Thanks Sandy. I actually have an LC1  pair of bluejeans cables for my office system available, and tried it in this scenario. I've recommended those cable to friends in the past, but it simply didn't deliver in my specific circumstance the way the Niagara did. Believe me, I wish it had. In the end, I don't care which cable gets me what I want, regardless of price or name brand.

JC

2 hours ago, Blake said:

Tubelover: Be careful buying Audioquest cables online from anyone other than an authorized dealer.  I unfortunately bought a Chinese counterfeit AQ cable online a few years back.  The fakes are incredibly hard to distinguish from authentic (ask me how I know 😒).

Even if you buy from a private seller they could have bought a counterfeit cable online without knowing it.  Siltech is another brand that is faked a lot.

Blake, 

Thanks for the heads up. You are absolutely correct, one has to be EXTREMELY careful of AudioQuest fakes. A friend of mine didn't listen to me, bought a high end pair of supposedly AudioQuest interconnects online, only to find out they were garbage. It's critical to be incredibly careful buying from anyone other than a dealer, agreed.  And it's not only AudioQuest, everyone, be very careful! 

JC