IGNORED

5G - Are We Safe Or Insane?

Axial

1 hour ago, Arpiben said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-ionizing_radiation

In other words Radio Frequencies used in Telecom networks ( Non-ionizing) are less harmful compared to ionizing ones.

Ummmm - that (like several other posts in this thread) was a joke. Ions carry a net charge. Protons are positively charged, and electrons are negative. So non-ionizing radiation does not affect the net charge of a molecule. Thus, neither you nor I nor anything else can get a literal charge from non-ionizing radiation. As “getting a charge” from an issue is also a euphemism for being excited about it, this was a pun based on a scientific fact and a social observation.

Mark Twain said that “Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place.” Sadly, it cannot effect its benefits if it goes unrecognized.

3 hours ago, esldude said:

Well I'm more in the market for one of those areas that had the $500 and less winning bid. I'll have to buy what I can afford and move. Then work on developing that so I'll become a 28 billion Hertz billionaire.

You’ll have to sine on the dotted line to catch that wave.

3 minutes ago, esldude said:

Yes I will.

I've got a long range plan.  I think some of those less desirable areas are probably in Alaska or something.  In the future, with global warming and all that such places will become much more desirable.  So I need to buy one of the cheap areas in Alaska, and market all kinds of cheap pure Class A very powerful audiophile amps to promote global warming and speed up the return on my investment. 

Say watt????

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Jud said:

What this does is use multiple beams so they interfere and combine in a way that only heats the tissue at the tumor location itself.

That's an approach that's been used in ionizing radiation therapy for years, Jud.   Parallel opposed fields (an early use of multiple energy beams in cancer therapy) gave way to multiple fields, then to three dimensional conformal radiotherapy (3DCRT). Now we have intensity modulated RT, which focuses the therapeutic dose and protects surrounding /intervening tissue even better.  3D imaging is used to plan the exposure fields, and delivery is tightly controlled by computers.  If we had a home source of radiation, DietPi could add it as an app & we could treat our own tumors in the garage!

Multiple energy beams for precise localization & concentration are used across the energy spectrum and in "both directions".  Raytheon developed such a system with audio frequencies for pinpoint localization of sound sources. It's for military use, but it could have some utility in computer audio.  Sadly, we don't have room for a helicopter in our living room since we downsized :) 

4 hours ago, jabbr said:

Which has been in clinical use for 25 years ;) “stereotactic” RT twice that time 

I'm not sure what your point you're making here.  IMRT was first delivered in 1994 with the NOMOS Peacock system, but the computing power required was not generally available at the time and it was difficult to deliver because of the unmet needs for intensive physics support, precise anatomical target definition, and rigorous quality assurance.  IMRT was not deliverable in routine care for another decade or more, but it's now routine for photon therapy of many cancers.  After several years of use, it turns out not to be so great for some, e.g. breast cancer.

If by stereotactic you mean the gamma knife & its descendants, it was developed in Sweden in 1967. The first ones in the US were at UVA and UPMC about 30 years ago, but it was far from routine for over a decade.  It's now standard therapy for selected lesions (most of which are benign, e.g. acoustic schwannomas and intracranial vascular lesions) measuring less than about an inch and a half.

So what?

I suspect you could caramelize almost anything with a gamma knife, but the beam's a bit small for an entire pizza.