IGNORED

App to control Mac Mini on ipad

I've been using Splashtop personal on my ipad to control my itunes library on my Mac Mini for the past few years.

Especially like that it brings up the music library on the ipad.

Of late, the app no longer works...the mouse does not function.

I've sent numerous queries for support with vague and no responses

Are there any other similar apps available?

Thanks!

Barry K

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
19 minutes ago, musicguy said:

I just tried Screens 4 on my mac mini.  The app sees my mac mini but could never connect.  Boo

Apple stuff should just work.  Correct?

Ill try Real VNC.

I want to disconnect my monitor and mouse key board.

musicguy

Have you turned on Screen Sharing in the System Preferences on your Mac Mini?

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

Sorry, I haven't used Screens in awhile. It seemed to work pretty well though.

BTW, I assume you've seen this article that recommends installing Screens Connect on the Mac side:

https://help.edovia.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005375708-Configuring-macOS-for-Remote-Access

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

I use Real VNC with success! 

Triangle Magellan Concerto 2 < AQ Everest < Vitus Audio SS-010 Mk2 < AQ Dragon High Current < AQ WEL XLR < Chord Qutest DAC w UpTone JS-2 & AQ Dragon Source < AQ Diamond USB < Innuos Phoenix USB w AQ Dragon Source < Aurender N100H & AQ Dragon Source < NetGear GS105GE Switch w UpTone LPS1.2 < Supra CAT8 Ethernet < Gryphon PowerZone w AQ NRG-Wild < Stillpoints UltraSS, Ansuz Darkz D-TC & D2, Omicron Harmonic Stabilizer, Gold Evolution SE & Classic < Furutech FT-SWS (R) < Synergistic Research Orange Quantum Fuse < Solid Tech Hybrid < GigaWatt G-16A 2P Circuit Breaker

• 4 weeks later...

Guys,

I'm in the same boat, and could use a fresh young mind to assist me through this, as I was able to use for several years ( 2015 - 2018 ) just a Mac Mini | iFi Micro DSD DAC | iTunes Remote, and it worked flawlessly.

In October of that same year, I went over to a PS Audio NuWave DSD DyAC, again tied to the Mini |  iTunes Remote, and this worked as well, until the Mini died and I panicked and sold everything off, and replaced it with a Bluesound Node 2, tied to a Gustard X-20Pro DAC, which of late I've gone back to a NOS Mac Mini ( 2014 make ) and have done the preference settings for file | screen | home sharing, wake up and off time, automatic login and so on....., yet upon coming out to the listening room, and clicking onto my iPad Air 3, I'm finding it difficult to connect to my music library.

I'm wondering if I missed something during the initial setup?, or do I actually need some form of VCN(?) type app, as a means to connect the Mini to said iPad?, I'm all ears ( eyes in this case ) so by all means, educate me.

I'm one of those 60 year olds, so do be gentle.

TIA!.

O_o scar Johnson 

Regards,

O_o scar