IGNORED

The Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC

• 4 weeks later...

Both, The DCS and the Linn are owned by friends of mine.

I was very close buying the DCS before I discovered the MolaMola. The MolaMola just fits my needs connectivity wise. I use Roon for streaming and local files.

I tried also the Etherregen plus OpticalRendu and Audirvana on the MolaMola with USB. I hear no important sound difference between MolaMola network and USB. That option might be interesting with Spotify lossless later in 2021.

The Klimax didnt make the cut due to the limitation to DSD64 and my needs. This is changing now with the newest incarnation of the Klimax. My friend will go for an upgrade and I will have the pleasure to examine it closer.

I dint hear advantades Rossini ove Tambaqui. I did like the soundstage better with the Tambaqui. It is wider for me. But the differences are so small, barely noticable. It is difficult to judge which one is better, simply because the "room" plays a huge part. The Tambaqui didnt loose aginst the Rossini. The same is true the other way round. It might be just personal preference.

And I didnt listen to the Rossini with a seperate clock.

• 8 months later...

I have 2 connections activated into my Tamabaqui.

First: Roon, Nucleus+ via Etherregen into Tambaqui.

Second: Etherregen (B-A) into Optical Rendu to USB Tamabaqui.

My preferred streaming Service (HRA) is not available via Roon, therefor I use Audirvana Studio.

I did my setup a year ago, where I experimented a lot with different stuff, like cables, clocks etc. Etherregen was a keeper for me. One needs to test it for oneself. Don't know if it is available anymore, due to the supply chain problem.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...