IGNORED

Great Deal For Yes Fans

Just stumbled across this on HD Tracks. The entire Yes boxed set of albums that were remixed by the brilliant Steven Wilson are available for download at an unbelievable price of only $34.98 for five entire albums!  

All of the great, required Yes albums are included, in 96/24:

The Yes Album

Fragile 

Close To The Edge

Tales From Topographic Oceans (possibly not entirely great, or required, but has it's moments) 

Relayer  (ok, this isn't great, or required but still) 

Acoustic Sounds has this for the same price + an additional 15% off using an on-site coupon code. 

Roon Nucleus REV B -> DH Labs Mirage USB Cable -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty DAC -> SPL Elector Preamp -> Bryston 2.5 Cubed amp -> Magnepan 1.7i speakers + REL T9x

jonathan

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2018 at 4:31 AM, spin33 said:

Acoustic Sounds has this for the same price + an additional 15% off using an on-site coupon code. 

The provenance of most of HD Tracks product has been in question for years. Do Acoustic Sounds have the same issues with it, or are they more upfront of it?

I actually don't know whom to trust when it comes to provenance of quality material.

Well, it’s an interesting question. I’ve not personally heard of any similar provenance concerns associated with Acoustic Sounds. The information they provide onsite regarding this can be found, but is a bit buried within and consists of a reprint of a Stereophile article from RMAF 2013. Here’s  the relevant quote and the link:

When you click on one of the available DSD titles, you get a description—not only of the music, but of the recording and its provenance. “The recording and the mastering are very important,” Kassem reiterated. “We want to give you transparency. When we have the information, we’ll make it very clear.” John Lee Hooker’s It Serve You Right to Suffer, for instance, was mastered by Kevin Gray, from the original analog master tapes. When Acoustic Sounds does not know the origins of a recording, they’ll make that clear, too, with a note stating that the info is being researched. They’ll add the information when they can.”

http://news.acousticsounds.com/post.cfm/stereophile-magazine-reports-on-superhirez-at-2013-rocky-mountain-audio-fest

Considering that they offer well over 4000 titles in 44kHz/24bit format (with no higher resolution ver of the same title available) I’m tempted to believe in the integrity of their catalog.

https://store.acousticsounds.com/c/366/FLAC_44kHz/24bit_Download

Roon Nucleus REV B -> DH Labs Mirage USB Cable -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty DAC -> SPL Elector Preamp -> Bryston 2.5 Cubed amp -> Magnepan 1.7i speakers + REL T9x

jonathan