IGNORED

My best demo albums

13 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

Holly Cole's Temptation is a brilliant recording, as are several of her albums. I just found out that an all new remastering from the original tapes is due out in January on vinyl. Hopefully there is a Hi Rez version released too.

I also just discovered that Temptation is also available on SACD from a few years back. Wondering how good that recording is, and tempted to buy it. 

JC

From HDTracks (I have also seen it in 24/96)

Holly Cole

Available in Audiophile 88kHz/24bit

HD784672306614_185.jpg

Buy Album
Album Name Length Format Sample Rate Price  
Holly Cole 43:24 AIFFALACFLACWAV 88/24 $17.98
Add to Cart

Buy Individual Tracks
# Track Title Length Format Sample Rate Price  
1 Waters of March 04:21   88/24 Album only  
track-play.png
2 Alley Cat Song 04:04   88/24 Album only  
track-play.png
3 Larger Than Life 03:39   88/24 Album only  
track-play.png
4 Be Careful, It's My Heart 02:09   88/24 Album only  
track-play.png
5 It's Alright With Me 03:53   88/24 Album only  
track-play.png
6 You're My Thrill 05:47   88/24 Album only  
track-play.png
7 Life Is Just A Bowl Of Cherries 03:04   88/24 Album only  
track-play.png
8 Reaching for the Moon 04:09   88/24 Album only  
track-play.png
9 I Will Wait for You 04:32   88/24 Album only  
track-play.png
10 Charade 03:28   88/24 Album only  
track-play.png
11 The House Is Haunted by the Echo of Your Last Goodbye 04:18   88/24 Album only  

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

13 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

But that can't be based on the new remastering releasing in September that I mentioned?

Since when are the Remasters usually better than the originals ? (except perhaps for some Japanese SHM releases)  

Do you already have this album in 24/88.2 ?

If not, you could always purchase a single track to see how it sounds, and what the DR is like.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

The 24/96 which appears to be from the SACD Master doesn't appear to be too promising .

There is no clipping though, with mainly one peak at -1.2dB

260136672_04.Temptation24-96.thumb.jpg.01f4467afa3ce14be88dacb67925f552.jpg

4 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Funnily enough (or not, there seems to be some consistency in demo pieces), several of the demo tracks mentioned here I often use myself as well

Likewise.

But the real test for my is Roberta Flack: The first time ever I saw your face. When I close my eyes, and I see a beautiful woman singing beautiful music, its good.- WAM

IF your system is low enough noise, an excellent 3D sounding track is 01. Killing Me Softly from the first release CD.

There is NO sign of any compression, and it just sounds great.

Click on the image for a much larger image.

Roberta Flack-Killing Me Softly.jpg

1 hour ago, TubeLover said:

I just got excited about the new remastering when I heard a portion of a radio interview where Holly Cole talked about the new remasterings capturing a purer sound for these recordings than she had heard before.

Let's hope they do better than the one I showed, which was supposed to be "Holly Cole - Temptation (Studio Master, Official Digital Download 24Bit 96Khz) It was a blatant rip off from the SACD master , as can be seen from it's noise profile, and with no content to even 22KHZ ! :o

7 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

I couldn't agree more. The number of crappy ripoffs from SACD's that have been foisted on the unknowing public over the years is unforgiveable. 

It does say "Remastered by Bernie Grundman from the original master tapes" 

If that's true, this could truly be something. I guess we will see in September, again, IF, a digital version is offered. 

JC

TubeLover

FYI ONLY, and not for arguments/" discussion" with the usual suspects.

Out of curiosity, I just tried saving .flac to .wav 24/96 "Temptation""  to USB stick using an Uptone Regen powered via a12V Li Ion Battery , plugged into a front USB 2.0 port via a USB-A to USB-B adaptor without +5V and shield connected through.

Her voice is now more clearer in the mix.

1 minute ago, kumakuma said:

I think your spamming of every thread on this site to push your agenda has become so natural to you that you don't even know you're doing it.

Try using the IGNORE facility if it bothers you that much.¬¬

25 minutes ago, fas42 said:

So I take it that you're not interested in methods that enable audio playback to provide a more enjoyable experience ... ?

Apparently Kumakuma isn't , ,or he wouldn't be attacking someone who has provided the name of a recording he uses that meets the title of the thread.

His main gripe is simply that he doesn't accept what Frank reports and would love to see him silenced .

I've highlighted the section in your post that I thought was off-topic

It's NOT up to you, Ralf11 or anyone else to decide what is " off topic"

It's up to the OP to decide !

BTW, keep abusing the DISLIKE Button for petty reasons and it will probably disappear again !

6 hours ago, kumakuma said:

The button you referring to is an "Off Topic" button, not a "Dislike" button.

I used it in that way to express my opinion that the post was off topic for this thread.

267768313_ScreenShot2018-08-13at8_12_24AM.png.60c56555789b0f8ff4811c72956e1907.png

To you and a few other members, anything you don't agree with is " off topic" when it's an expansion of your ON TOPIC reply !

You ARE using it as a DISLIKE button !

You try and direct mother members thinking into a narrow area to try and obtain  the results you want.

It's hard enough to always stay on topic without members other than the OP trying to act as " Thought Police" as well.

21 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

If you are referring to Frank's constant spamming of this forum with hundreds of posts containing zero actionable information, yes, this is something I disagree with.

How about a bit of consistency then ?

It never ceases to amaze how some like yourself only object to posts like these when it's from the other side of "The Great Divide" 

There is another member who has posted around twice the number of posts in around the same time  frame :o where there is often zero actionable information, or it has to be prised out of him with a reply to him.

e.g.

19 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

what about re-clocking?

What about it? Your question is rather vague and lacking context. - mansr

14 minutes ago, kumakuma said:

Whatever issues you have with Ralf are between the two of you.

The issues are everybody's issues. You are one eyed King Kumakuma !

BTW, NONE of this has anything to do with the title of this thread !!

imagesH2227B88.jpg

12 hours ago, beerandmusic said:

no thread about female vocalists without these 2

Agreed.

But try to listen to them properly, not via low bitrate .aac Audio (max.187Kilobits, or as low as 64 Kilobits ) from YouTube and Vevo.

Their video quality is usually fine, but they don't want people to stop buying the recordings and just save their videos, so they deliberately restrict the quality of the audio side of the videos.