IGNORED

Help CA Find New Speakers

Hey @The Computer Audiophile!  Some things to consider:

I would not allow the "full range" idea to stop you from considering speakers which are nearly full range.  The problem is, it is almost impossible (especially without a dedicated "perfect" room build) to get both true full range (flat to 20 Hz) performance AND good imaging from a single pair of speakers.  Generally, one can place the speakers for best imaging and tonality, OR, for best bass performance, but rarely will both things be accomplished.  I know that many folks have "issues" regarding sub woofers, but really, the addition of a sub allows for best performance.  I would suggest considering speakers which are nearly full range (with good output to 35 Hz or so) and then adding a single sub for the very lowest frequencies.  With a nearly full range pair of speakers it becomes relatively easy to integrate a single sub, because the the crossover to the sub can be set low enough that the output of the sub will not localize to its position (and the sub will not be playing anywhere near the critical mid range frequencies)-this approach gives a lot of flexibility in where one can place the sub.  I prefer JL audio for subs, but of course there are other good ones...  It amazes me how much a single, good sub, well set up, contributes to soundstage depth and ambience retrieval.

For the speakers, are even the Kaya series from Vivid out due to appearance?  Vivid speakers sound so good...

I am assuming that you want speakers which are good on all types of music, and on less than perfect recordings.  In my experience this leaves out speakers like Magico, and top level models from, Focal-which tend to sound absolutely fantastic on "perfect" recordings, but tend to be a bit hard sounding on anything but the best recordings, and much Rock or Pop music.  My suggestions are for high resolution speakers, which are still just forgiving enough to be good with less than perfect recordings, and should also match well with Constellation amplifiers.

Rockport, Avalon, Vivid, Wilson, KEF... 

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Go Chris go!  I must admit I have a bit of speaker envy right now, as I know whatever you decide, you are gong to get something awesome.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

5 minutes ago, RickyV said:

A41FA294-C3DF-4D55-9339-4357BDCE278D.jpeg.c6656464649cccb78d91a07ed39d357c.jpeg

Yeah, I love me some Raidhos!  But Chris would need more than these ones, as one goes up to the bigger models one gets a more full sound...  And they get very, very expensive very fast as they get bigger. 

SONORE computer audio

• 4 weeks later...

Ahh yes.  Nice choice Chris, I suspect you will be very very happy with those speakers!  

SONORE computer audio