IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

25 minutes ago, 111MilesToGo said:

...   Is your mini-player identical to the kind of thing in my screenshot 3 above?   ...

Very similar. Essentially identical. I'm using a tablet, which would probably explain some layout differences.

I've just tried to reproduce the phenomenon now, and cannot:

• When I close the Qobuz (Android) app using the Android back button, the player in the notification window persists.
  • But when I close the Qobuz app by swiping it away in the Android "app chooser", then the player "notification" disappears.

Perhaps my app has been updated and has partially solved the phenomenon. (I say "phenomenon" because fortunately for me it's not a "problem" or "issue".)

David Craff - I suspect that you may not be aware that the annual renewal process is not as transparent as one would expect, and is not as one experiences with other reputable service providers.

• I noticed that it is not possible to delete a payment method / credit card. It is only possible to update it.
  • I was not given any notice that my annual renewal was due, or that £130 was to be debited, or the date on which this would happen.
  • Qobuz took £130 but without telling me that that had happened, nor even telling me that my subscription had been renewed for a year. No notification whatsoever.

Despite being very happy to pay £130 for a further 12 months, I am surprised that Qobuz appeared to do this with stealth.

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Cebolla said:

Have you considered making the Qobuz Connect player application available as software to install on a Raspberry Pi or similar?

Oh dear. I have been looking forward to using Qobuz Connect with my Pi for years. I assumed it would essentially use UPnP. But is it really likely to use some proprietary protocol which requires new software for our players?

Groan.

• 1 month later...

Facebook Instagram Stories hijacks Qobuz share menu

For years I have used the wonderful feature of using "share" to "send" a track or album to BubbleUPnP. It takes a couple of taps and is a little laggy, but no complaints. Today, when I "share", an extra menu step is introduced offering me "Facebook stories" and "Instagram stories" and then "more". Nasty!! 

The result is that sending tracks to BUPP is now slow and needs three taps. 

This seems to be a Qobuz thing - it was happening on two of my (Android) phones, but not my (Android) tablet. When I updated the tablet's Qobuz app, it started happening there also.

What a nasty imposition! Like standing in line, and Meta elbowing their way in front of you without even an "excuse me". Is anyone else aware of this, and@David Craffable to stop it?

• pabl0b changed the title to Qobuz issues with Marantz Model 40n
  • 3 months later...
On 10/5/2023 at 8:38 AM, thegios said:

I have a Pixel 7 PRO that just got updated :-)
@David Craff any chance the android app will be updated accordingly so that I can get rid of UAPP app?

What a pity that Android requires the app to select bit-perfect, rather than the user. (Because that imposes on developers the need to change their apps.)

@thegios could you check please if there's a switch in Android's "Developer options", because there are currently all manner of switches to play with in there, regarding sample rates and stuff.