IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

22 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

I'd say without DLNA or Roon Integration you're almost wasting your time.  That's my opinion.  

Last Friday David said that Roon integration was in progress. Did you not see that post?

I agree with you about Roon. It sounds much better than JRMC in my system.

"Don't Believe Everything You Think"

System

1 hour ago, David Craff said:

We are in negotiations with many suppliers, major and label. It may take more or less time. Sometimes a label present at a supplier prefers to negotiate directly. There is no such thing as a simple case. We do our best to integrate them.  Hungaroton is on the list of ongoing negotiations.

I find the classical Qobuz catalog to be remarkable and extensive but then I have not used Tidal previously. I imagine that some streaming services try to make "exclusive" deals in order to have an edge. In my mind competition in the US streaming market can only be a good thing.

I plan to use Roon to supplement my listening choices with purchased material and my preexisting library.

So far I am so tied up listening to new material that it could be years before I circle back to my old favorites ?

System

16 hours ago, Martin H said:

Question - I enjoy exploring new music and so Qobuz has been great for that but often you simply aren't aware of bands or albums and so I have found some of my best day's listening has been when I have stumbled across a playlist that someone else has created from their favourite albums or for whatever reason. I have often found these  in blogs, a forum like this, or even some of the mags have reasonab;y good ones. Anyone can create the playlist and make it available which is brilliant but how do you find them? At the moment I don't seem to be able to search for them even if I know they are there. I actually need the exact reference that has to be shared somewhere. Am I missing something? 

I just think this is an excellent piece of the service that is underused. BTW I can find the Qobuz playlists without any problems. The search doesn't seem to access the user playlists, just the Qobuz curated ones. 

Any ideas? 

Sounds like a great idea for a dedicated thread here. We could share Qobuz playlists that we find or create or even work on them collaboratively?

On that topic, I wish that there was an easy way to create a playlist in one click when one finds a performer, group, or orchestra that one really likes. For example I do a search on "Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra", get 14 hits, and want to make a new playlist with all 14 albums. Currently you need to add them one by one which is laborious for a prolific search result...

System

• 2 months later...
54 minutes ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

Our iOS application can now be use with Car Play but only for local music.

Regards

So this brings up a question. What does "local music" mean?

Is this music that you have made the choice "Add to Library" in Roon or music that you have purchased through Qobuz or music for which you have chosen the "Offline" option? For that matter what does "Add to Library" in Roon mean when you are viewing a Qobuz offering?

I am pretty sure that you do not mean music on your IOS device that you put their by other means like a CD rip?

System

Question...

When I open my personal Playlists in the QB desktop app it shows just album icons, no track list ...unless I click on an album.

When I go to my QB personal playlists in Roon it just shows a very, very long list of all of the tracks from all of the albums in that playlist. I can click on the album name to see just the information from just that one album but this way of doing things seems very bulky.

I looked for a "view" setting but did not find one. Does anyone know how to initially see just the album icons in for one's QB playlists in Roon or is this just the way it is?

I am still accessing my account through Great Britain, not the US beta.

System

3 hours ago, David Craff said:

Hi,

On the playlist page, you have 3 different views on the right  :

- Track list

- Album list

- Album + Track list

image.thumb.png.7e6be72319e18a77fb3ecc02bea50fa8.png

Thanks for the reply.

Correct. That is true when in the actual Qobuz app ...but I use Roon to get to QB now.

When viewing my Qobuz Playlists in Roon I do not get those view choices, just a list of tracks that include all albums.

System

• 3 weeks later...

Some questions.

1. Is there a way to make a "smart" playlist? For example, I would like to make a playlist of all Everest classical recordings. Can this be done automagically?

2. Is there a way to lasso or group select a bunch of albums from a search window in order to not have to add them individually to a playlist?

Dear Qobuz. Kindly consider programming these options into your interface. Now that I have migrated from GB to US I need to recreate all of my QB playlists! 

System

14 minutes ago, mourip said:

image.png.4b1079861a664557ab956fbdd4a9e1a7.png

Today I cannot get anything to play on USA Qobuz via Roon. This includes my Windows PC, my iPad or my iPhone. Previously it worked fine. Is the Roon system integration down?

I logged out and then back in to Qobuz inside of Roon and now tracks play. Funky that it worked earlier and then had this issue.

System

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, David Craff said:

Only 3 devices and only one simultaneously

Regards

So this brings a question to mind...

Roon allows many devices/endpoints and the ability to play from more than one endpoint at the same time with different material.

Given that Qobuz can be accessed via a Roon account how does that work?

System

• 3 weeks later...

I keep forgetting to ask about this but has anyone else noticed that the personal playlist in the standalone version of Qobuz is different that that in Qobuz in Roon? I would have thought that they would be kept in etherland somewhere...and in sync.

Edit: Oops. With the update today they are now in sync.

System

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Mike48 said:

Something I would like very much . . . the ability to make folders of favorite albums. If the idea is that a streaming service is to replace, to some degree, one's own library, there is a definite need to be able to add some organization to albums one would like to listen to again. I imagine that after using Qobuz for years I will have hundreds, if not thousands of them.

I brought this idea up a while back both here and on Roon Community. In the stand-alone Qobuz app your Playlists can basically do what you are talking about. Just add your favorites to a playlist. You can have any number of playlists and have them organized by topic i.e. Piano, World, Jazz, Bach etc. The playlists can be viewed in Album View in the standalone Qobuz app.

The issue for me is that I use Qobuz mainly via Roon because that gives me remote control. The Roon interface is a bit lacking. If you create a playlist the only view you get if a long list of tracks. If you have a long playlist, either Roon or Qobuz(they are separate), then it is cumbersome to pick out a specific album, especially if you forgot the name, without a lot of scrolling. Roon needs to offer Album View for their playlists. That could not be too hard to do. I made this suggestion on Roon Community many months ago but got no official reply post.

Perhaps Qobuz could lobby Roon for this?

System

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
16 hours ago, thyname said:

I find the lack of the following two distinctly separate genres under Qobuz categories pathetic:

1) Folk / Americana

2) Metal

I have requested these a few times since back in November 2018. I get the usual “will add to the list of requested features “, and nothing has happened

Are you located in the US? I do not think that Qobuz had even gone live in the US in 2018. Perhaps Qobuz is still negotiating access to those niches? Do you know of another streaming service that has better coverage?

By the way you might get better results by not using words like "pathetic" when asking for help. Just a suggestion...

System