IGNORED

Official Qobuz Issues Thread

6 hours ago, Polyglot said:

I don't know if this is the right place for the question but, when will Qobuz enable album search? Currently you can only search for artists. If you search for "Haydn Quartets" or "Bach Walcha" you get nothing. This severely hinders discovery, takes all the fun out of streaming, and makes the service very user-unfriendly.

There is also a bug where some album covers won't load.

Which interface are you suing for Qobuz?

On my Mac app,  on my IOS and Android Qobuz apps, if I search I get returns for Albums, Tracks and Artists.  Searching on the website allows one to pre-define the search by album, artist or label.

I have not experienced the missing album cover issue either.

David

MacMini, Mytek Manhattan I DAC, Avantone The Abbey Monitors, Roon

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jud said:

My apologies that I didn't make clear what I meant, which is that *if* a particular hi res album is available for purchase but not for streaming, I (and I assume you :) ) would want the Qobuz UI to indicate that.

Or perhaps a filter criteria in the search Show All / Show Streamable?

David

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Norton said:

Just looked at the shop.  What level of % discount do you get on downloads with Sublime+?

And is this the case both for HiRes and RBCD downloads?

The discount only applies to Hi-Res downloads and by no means to all of them.  The discount, when offered, usually allows the purchase of the Hi-Res at RB price but can sometimes be even better.

David

8 minutes ago, Norton said:

So I take this means that as a Sublime+ subscriber I would get, for example, the HiRes dl of the Muse Album for  13.49 rather than 20.49?

I am seeing Simulation Theory (deluxe) pricing as £20.49 cd, £23.49 HiRes, £14.99 HiRes for Sublime subscriber.

Non deluxe is £15.49, £17.99, £11.99.

David

• 3 months later...

I find myself agreeing with post number 1382 by @#Yoda#  on questioning the worth of raising issues with Qobuz support over content.

Early last year I experienced a problem with a Hi-Res album which evinced a burst of white noise between some of the track changes.  Qobuz did investigate and reported that it was a fault of the album which had been supplied to them.  The faulty album remains on the site to stream or purchase.

A couple of weeks ago I emailed Qobuz on the matter of streaming 2L MQA "lossy" CDs as 16/44 quality.  After a chasing email, they replied stating that they do not stream any MQA material and it had been a mistake.  The 2L 16/44 albums remain available for streaming.  I am currently awaiting a reply from Qobuz as to whether that means they have been supplied with non MQA for 16/44 streaming.

I really like Qobuz, but it seems to me that if you profess to care about quality audio then you have to stand by your claims.

David

3 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Whenever I flagged an upsampled album I just purchased was able to choose another one for free, so Qobuz customer service is doing fine. I’ve only had a handful of cases, some true upsampling, some just mislabeled, but I oäalso only buy classical and Jazz, and Most of the upsampled cases seem to concern classic rock remasters. 

I’d presume sure you could get your money back as well if you  prefer.

@Musicophile  I am curious if you noted whether Qobuz stopped selling the upsampled album after you had flagged up the error?

David

• 6 months later...

Whether one uses the external method descibed by @PAR (which is the method I usually use), or the in-app method being used by @firedog, the artwork should also be downloaded. I get the jpeg cover art if I use the external method, or a png (with a valid image) with the in-app used by @firedog. The in-app method should automatically download the music files, the artwork and any pdf booklet. The external method requires the artwork and booklet to be downloaded as specific separate choices.

I have no idea why @firedog seems to be getting blank pngs. 

It may be worth @firedog going back to the downloads section of his Qobuz webpage and, using the external option described by @PAR, seeing if proper jpegs are there which he can then select to download and save to his hdd location.

David

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, PAR said:

In the UK we only get it as a monthly option ( £24.99). How come we don't get the chance to save £50? The only annual sub is for Sublime +. ( £299.99 ; obviously £300 would be totally out of the question 😉).

All 3 Qobuz UK plans on the website show a discounted price for a 12 month subscription.

David

• 5 months later...

I may be late in noticing this, but the Favourites section of the Qobuz website (UK) has recently become significantly less useful to me following its redesign.

Both pricing information and batch edit seem to have been removed from Favourites, nor does there seem to be any method to be able to skip quickly to the end of my list - currently that means I now have to navigate through 27 pages.

(On my iPad mini, unless I put it into portrait mode, I cannot even access Favourites because the dropdown section is hidden behind an overlaying section).

In practice, I used Favourites as an easy way of keeping an eye on price drops for potential purchases - I could readily see if any of my Favourites were affected by one of Qobuz's periodic offers. Now, I have to navigate through 27 pages and open each individual album to access price information. I can see my purchase habit diminishing significantly, and I wonder if this is really a desirable outcome for Qobuz? (It probably is for my partner)

Does anyone else see this redesign of Favourites as a step backwards in functionality, or am I missing something when using the site?

David

@PAR

I am referring to the Qobuz website, whether visited on my iPad or on my MacBook browser. I see no sorting options. I can view "My Favourites" Albums, Tracks, Artists (though there is no cross-referencing between those categories). Each category gives a view of the first 10, and I can navigate to the next page only. There is a search bar. No pricing information shows, nor can I see a batch edit function.

David

@PAR

I am referring to the Qobuz website, which includes the download store, not the Web Player (I never use the Web Player).

On the Qobuz website, within my account details I have "my profile" - within that I can access my account details, my purchases and my favourites. The design of that section of pages has changed recently and it is that to which I refer.

David

@PAR  That is correct. In the top right, select My Account. Then My profile. Within there you will see to what I refer. 

All that said, if you have never been to that section before, you will not know of the changes which have been made.

David

13 hours ago, PAR said:

As I said there may be something I haven't come across before and

I have some sympathy with Qobuz for not showing the prices at first glance for every album in a favourites list as there are usually 3 different prices for each and they no doubt want to upload this information once only to  a single linked  location.

The sad thing is that, until the very recent redesign, showing all the prices in the My Favourites list is exactly what they did do. Perhaps I was the only user who found that very useful.

David