IGNORED

Jeff Dorgay & TONEAudio Declare War on CA

Its not about RSS , its about being professional.  So...lets say Chris does not want to abide by Dorgay’s wishes......then dont abide and go on. Just because Dorgay acted like a jerk does not mean Chris needs to post the emails. Big boys who run businesses have gotten get threats, mean spirited emails etc.  just like in this article, 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/apr/19/garbage-pat-pope-photography-you-sold-17-million-albums-and-you-want-to-pay-me-nothing

the photographer griping that the band asked to use the photos for free.  Dont gripe, just say no. No need for all the hoopla.  I get people wanting to use my photographs for free all the time....just tell them no, give them a price and move on. 

Actually, I really do not care about the other stuff...I just found it unprofessional to post the emails no matter how unprofessional the sender. Maybe I'm an old fart...I'm just amazed how people can't handle conflict these days. 

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Maybe. The modern rule is: don't text or email anything you wouldn't want to be made public. You have zero control of what happens to it once you click the button. 

Yes..you are right.....However....just because you don't lock your doors doesn't mean it's "right" for somebody to go into your home. Just because your wallet fell to the ground...does not make it right for someone to take the money inside. The principal is the same. If tChris feels threatened, he should call a lawyer. Most people, I bet,  on this forum feels our President lacks "class" on how he handles conflict and issues with his coverage from the media. I'd be curious if Chris, before this incident, would knock the President if he published an email he received from a reporter who acted rude while being critical of a policy of his (without asking the reporter). I'd bet 90% here would dog the POTUS for lacking class. Again same principle. 

26 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Wow. 

Would you you have preferred the he said - he said situation?

Actually, nothing could have gotten said. If you are not legally worried...leave the link as-is...go on. If you really feel threatened and somewhat worried that TA has a case....call an attorney. If you feel bullied...call ToneAudio Magazine and talk it out.  I do give you credit, this thread has gotten people to stop talking about MQA for a while

I say we start a big protest for Tone Audio magazine for being mean to Chris. Real simple

1. find out the address of main office or owner's home

2. Call these people...yes a big chunk of protesters you see on TV are hired https://crowdsondemand.com/

3. Pick a date...get permits

4. Print signs that maybe read (or something similar) "stop being mean to me" ... "my feelings got hurt"...."you are going down you big, mean, bully"

5. publish the protest all over the internet

LOL..I love this...so silly.....

13 minutes ago, realhifi said:

This has been an odd thread. As far as I can see it WAS strictly personal between two (supposedly) professionals in the new era of Audiophile publishing on the wild wild internet. Then, it wasn’t. It was shouted from the rooftops that there was a beef between parties and “game on”, everyone and their brother is now into the “discussion” because?  In my opinion this should have never seen the light of day much less become a discussion in some Internet forum where it now besmirches professionals of BOTH sites. Not a good look. 

Exactly. 

13 hours ago, Rt66indierock said:

For the health of the industry it is not a good idea to listen to Jeff.

Keep the picture of sheep.

LOL..I do not know Jeff. I am familiar with ToneAudio pdf magazine. I will search their reviews as part of my search for info when I am making a purchase.  Yes, Jeff handled the email IMO wrong. However, Chris showed the typical "safe space" mentality of the world we live in. I don't get what I want........I'll post the video, send me a mean email....I'll post it online. At the end of the day, Jeff won this round. Jeff won it hands down. I'm going to guess ToneAudio's readership is probably more analog audio lovers and more likely to look at Hoffman or Audiogon forums.  

It's funny, some of the responses on this thread deal with "Jeff's expensive cars, etc". Amazing how much envy brews hate.