IGNORED

16 bit files almost unlistenable now...

16 minutes ago, PeterSt said:

You have "no clue" what's all possible with 16 bits. That's what I meant. and this was the context to understand it :

Maybe it should be noted that I am working on 16 bits explicitly because there's too much of Redbook around not to. This includes software, DAC, PC, actually the full chain. All to "expose" 16 bits. There's so so much more possible than most people know.

You have no clue. 9_9

so, what IS possible with 16 bits - give us a clue

18 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

How can I do that while keeping file size from giving away which is the hi res.

edit: Not only file size, but any file player will be able to tell the bit depth/sample rate.

transfer to analog

maybe Apple will buy Roon??

"playing the highest possible music quality" is always going to be small subset of those who listen to music, just as those who buy sports cars is always going to be small subset of those who drive

Set your Timers!

and rev up the popcorn popper

People love Roon.  HQplayer is a great option.

But I bet you can get a bit higher SQ in other ways...

and, does Roon have an exclusive on the copious meta-data they have?  I suspect not, hence the comment about Apple.  (if Roon does have an exclusive, then Apple might buy them instead of competing)

Apple is now an electronic products & services lifestyle company  that happens to sell mobile phones, tablets, laptops and desktop computers with 2 free operating systems included. 

Roon is a service and would build out iTunes into a capstone type niche product - like the iMac, like Porsche's GT2, 3 & etc.  Such products don't sell in high volume but serve to attract buyers for other products.

or services...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...