IGNORED

Robert Levi in Trouble Again

My bet is that you could use either - the materials properties of the shells will determine the effects on very HF, and of the spacing on the wall for HF.

But if you think about the size of commercial diffusors - like a QRD, you might want something like a bunch of Toblerone bars instead.

placing a pad on a  glass surface will not cancel vibrations, but is highly likely to dampen them and alter the Q

no comment on whether it can be heard, or if heavy frikin' drapes !! might be a better idea

to form bass traps with Toblerone, stick the bars together and form a circle, then another layer on top, etc. until you have a nice tube open at one end - compare using A/B/X blinded and if doesn't work, eat them

15 minutes ago, mansr said:

The main problem with glass panes is not vibrations so much as reflections. A small sticker in the corner isn't going to do anything about that.

True  ... but...  the HF reflections will be modulated by any vibrations. ?

10 hours ago, firedog said:

If you place  Ferrero Rocher  boxes (with the candies) at all the first reflection points in your listening room, they will eliminate the "digital sound" and all your digital playback will sound like it is analog. 

due to diffraction at wavelengths of 17 mm??

ok, I don't know if it is 'most' i.e. > half, but certainly many are

- not to mention certain reviewers

and the above is w/o MQA - one of the most egregious is the guy in Canada who sell s liquid-metal filled cables to the unwary - not only is that fraud but they are almost certainly toxic

7 minutes ago, mansr said:

It's probably a gallium-indium alloy. Not nearly as bad as mercury, but not exactly good for your health either. That's assuming they actually contain liquid metal at all. Has anyone cut one open and checked?

not me!  I no longer have access to a laboratory hood...

Fraud requires a mental state - to deceive others.

I was looking at Accuphase's web site recently and noticed they had some nice interconnects for $100 - and then some for $1,000.  You have to wonder why.  ARC hand tests caps, etc. and matches them.  Do they _know_ that every one in every part of a circuit matters?  They do use listening tests, but I dunno if the tests are that detailed.  

Let's suppose a manf. doesn't know for certain that doing xxx results in higher SQ, but they do it anyway either because it might, because it should (not tested), or because their customers expect it, and they know it is not good to argue with them.  In none of those cases will it fraudulent.

I always wondered about Dick V.s love of bi-wiring (but I did bi-amp my 2c's or 2ce's - can't recall what I had now...)

7 hours ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

Ok just one more comment from me. The problem Shadders is that you genuinely project your misunderstanding onto others. You are literally describing yourself. You confuse scientism with science and present pseudoscience as fact. You are so invested in your faith of scientism that no-one can reason you out of it. I leave you to your beliefs. Good -bye.

No rational person could make that stmt based on this thread.