IGNORED

Wolf Audio Music Servers

Hello there!

Anybody can report own user experience with Wolf Audio Music Servers?

On paper, they look quite interesting, flexible and future proof!

Eager to read your opinions!

A

Sources: Analog: Goldnote Giglio, Rega Exact+Rega Aria; Digital: Denon DVD A1 UD & Mac-mini + Rega DAC-R. Amps: Solid State: Omega Audio Integrated Mono; Tubes: Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL+ZOTL40 mk II.

Speakers: Ascendo D7-C.

Hello everyone, this is Joe from Wolf Audio Systems. rodrigaj, I had a really big laugh just now reading your comment above, and I couldn't agree with you more. I am working on a major simplification of the site and looking for a good designer and developer to help us do it...  we just don't have the time to do web work these days. I'd appreciate any input you could provide as to what information you are looking for so that I can make it more prominent. And anyone with questions, please feel free to email me: [email protected]

Thanks for the input. We've just migrated to the Wordpress platform in February, and there have been some growing pains. I am thinking of a single Features page with a key (of icons) representative of each server it applies to. In addition, a simpler Knowledge Base layout with a bit better organization is needed.

Hey @firedog and @Kal Rubinson I agree with you, I think you would have liked Wolfs first site. I've spent a bit of time today pulling some of the old content and creating new to implement, highlighting the technical. Ultimately, we walk a fine line of being too technical or not enough and someone always ends up unhappy. The happy medium can be elusive. Plus, I prefer to be careful with fluffy marketing speak. I prefer to let the systems do the talking in shops and at shows. To address your point above, I think Wolf has gone farther than some in our efforts to create our systems  - more R&D, more experimentation, consultation of industry veterans, etc., to get it right. We listened to other systems, to vinyl, Reel to Reel, etc., as we picked components, tuned and shielded. The pile of rejected hardware could keep a computer store in business for months.  Post sale, I am almost certain that we spend more time building each machine than our competition. We discuss and will customize (if necessary) certain aspects based on a customers stereo environment and needs.  We also work very hard on our support and maintaining relationships well past the sale. We get to know our customers, and they us. There are highly technical guys who never call for help, and then there are the guys we talk to weekly. A lot of our guys call to shoot the breeze, and we don't mind that. Sometimes the best ideas for new things comes out of those discussions. One of our guys in Maine alerted me to this thread. That is one of my favorite things about Wolf... we've built a little community here, of people from all over the place. And it's growing. 

I'll put another note up when I have made changes to the site.

6 hours ago, WolfAudioSystems said:

That is one of my favorite things about Wolf... we've built a little community here, of people from all over the place. And it's growing.

Welcome to CA Joe!  Enjoyed your first forthright posts.

I think you will find the readership and participants here to be inquisitive and open-minded. And some are highly technical and experienced.  They desire members of the trade to be exceedingly open and detailed about products being offered, and if the information and audible results meet expectations they will reward such brands with both ample business and word-of-keyboard enthusiasm. (My modest firm, whose ONLY marketing presence is a sponsored CA forum, is proof of this: I’m too embarrassed to state our beyond belief results from these recent years.)

Conversely, a manufacturer who offers only marketing-speak, vague details, and wild claims will quickly be passed by on these pages. (Notwithstanding the vocal minority here think my firm fits into this category! B|)

Your nicely stated customer-centric stance is likely to keep your phone ringing as CA members love to chat.  But don’t worry, they are generally not just “tire kickers.”

Just checked your web page and see that you are a family operation—looks like your brother and father—very cool.  And then I see my our old friend Frank Doris listed alongside the Parvey clan!  It’s probably almost two decades since we last spoke—I knew him in my Hovland Company days when he was at TAS.  What does Frank do for Wolf Audio?

I look forward to hearing more details about your products.  

Best,

—Alex C.

I heard and was impressed with the Wolf Audio Systems Alpha server at the Capitol Audio Fest in Maryland last September. Since then I've had some discussion with Joe regarding software running on various servers, especially the Red Wolf. He has expressed an interest in my plight; many of the most popular server software packages are not usable by a blind audiophile. From these discussions, no matter how they turn out, I can unequivocally say that Wolf Audio Systems offers first-rate support.

BTW Joe, when you re-build your website, don't forget the alt-tags that identify graphics and icons on the pages so a screen reader can extract their meaning and or content.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Hello All

while thanking Joe for intervening into this thread, I am looking forward to hear more from actual Wolf Audio users.

thanks in advance

A

Sources: Analog: Goldnote Giglio, Rega Exact+Rega Aria; Digital: Denon DVD A1 UD & Mac-mini + Rega DAC-R. Amps: Solid State: Omega Audio Integrated Mono; Tubes: Linear Tube Audio MicroZOTL+ZOTL40 mk II.

Speakers: Ascendo D7-C.

• 3 years later...