IGNORED

help to go direct from imac to speakers in 24bit/192khz with no sampling

There are some usbs that can do high res such as the Wavelenth ad the Ayre and I guess the Benchmark can maybe, The first two most definitely but obny to 96k and I assumed he wanted more than that. I admit there is not tons of stuff out there higher than that but there is some, I have heard the Ayre and it is definitely still in the running as a possible buy. I will know more after I hear the Bryston and Sims, Then I will try and hear the Weiss or the Rosetta or I will buy the Ayre if the others are not what I want. I would have bought the Ayre weeks ago but I listened to the Naim and it made me see what the Ayre could not do. I love the Naim but I decided it was more than I should spend though after all these years I should for once just go get it cause I could if I let myself. ( I know kind of sad in its own way) I want to apologize to Praer for kind of stealing his thread a bit and I am done as I have what I need to know though I am quite interested in what he decides.

Mac Book Pro, HiFace, Cary Exiter Dac, Focal speakers, JL Audio sub,plus cable and cords from Audio Art and Shunyata, Hydra powered by Cambridge Audio

Hi praer4life - The vast majority of people on CA really want to help each other. Nobody wants to waste their own time just to criticize or put down another reader. Everyone here, except me, has a life outside CA. There is probably a bit of a communication gap and misunderstanding going on here. No worries though. Keep you mental glass at half full and the responses will likely be seen as honest and genuinely trying to help.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I am going to a guy just up the road from me , I can give you a link for you to chat with them if you like. they really are lovely guys and regardless of what opinion one has it can be talked out and is lovely. they really are great. if I may help with prices links or anything I will for you . I believe that some of the top people on here are wonderful but others spoil it but making silly comments. I am the type of person who loves to talk and see why things are the way they are not be put down or talked down to. this to me is bad upbringing. I can also be argumentative and vile but this is a Childs way. if more were like you what a joy this site would be. but I will say it is a fantastic site when it works one of the best on the net bar none I believe. you see what I am trying to achieve is hi res without any adapters or extra links . I know people on here have more experience than me and are very technical which I love. but just lets talk with being Seville to one another when expressing its what we believe. one thing I know about audio is we are all maybe right . why because we all have different tastes . so what one may say yes to another will say no way. then let us agree to disagree. I really am open to talk I love to its a great pleasure but don't make comments like peril and train wreck this is not helpful to the whole emotion that this forum stands for. please tell me any prices your wanting and anything else I will be happy to help you kind sir. on the subject of usb to dac or spdif the guys here are correct only i would be downsampling then reupsampling which was not an option but toall thankyouforthe thought. the naim is priced at http://www.hificorner.co.uk/naim-dac.html hope that helps. as for the weiss is done by 7 dealers but i cant get a price yet. let me know if you want one i will enquire for you

respects always raju

what you wrote was great and very helpful if we can talk like this I would love to share your views. you told me something I was told that could not be done so you see you do know your stuff it just was not productive the way you spoke before, any let us move on. but now we are having a good chat do tell me usb in high res. what have you experienced my friend tell me . see what I am trying to do is master in 24bit /192 kHz. now reading so much from top people like moon audio they say firewire and xlr and spdif digital is the only cable to carry that res which at the moment is the highest res they said. so when they were asked why are you doing better resolution dacs as 32bit which I think he said 768khz capable freq upsample, he said 24bit 192 is the highest to receive but then we work on that its better. but he said not via usb.

respects raju lets keep it going

The Antelope Zodiak+ will do 24/192 via usb. The M2Tech hiFace is a USB>SPDIF converter that is about $200USD. The hiFace usb converter should open a lot more options. There are many spdif options. I'd get the BNC version unless you already have a good digital cable with rca ends.

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

4est tell me, they say that a usb output does only 16bit 44,1 as its been set that way. i read the latest reviews by hifi news on a few dacs and one was by musical fidelity the vdac. now this unit has no usb but apparently beats all the others hands down. i actually would have considered listening to that but i have balanced speakers. so that is why i wanted xlr. now you say that the other dacs do hi res but is it not upsampling rather than a direct carrier of the origional signal. tell me what you know what yourfeelings are? see at present i need a dac as cheap as i can get away with. but in the future we are going whole hog as they say in texas. iam open to lots of suggestions so say what you feel but bare in mind whats going on my end money wise and what i have heard. wow the first one is unreal simply beautiful. the secound one is so cute its tiny man but i am gonna read on it . keep em comeing, if you have any favourites high end as well tell me even cables wise let me know your ideas. and thank you so much.

respects raju

Dj_AmTrax

Has anyone compared the sound quality of those three outputs? I've dines Firewire vs. Optical to Apogee DAC. Optical won in every test. I now wonder if the HiFace USB converter is any better than the built in optical out.

20hertz

I am going thru exactly the same process, and have asked a couple of question here http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/pcaudio/bbs.html it seems implementation is the key. I hope more info on the Legato comes out also. http://www.analogresearch-technology.net/LEGATO.html Possibly reclocking is the improvement whatever the input.

ferenc

I like HiFace much more than the optical output of the MacBook, running to Lavry DA10, Mytek, Altmann Attraction, Weiss DAC2 and now Naim DAC. I like Hiface more than using a TC Konnekt as Firewire - SPDIF converter too. However using Weiss DAC2 as a Firewire - SPDIF converter seems to me a bit better than the HiFace, using the same DACs. YMMV :). I think it is not about the format but implementation. You can live with any of the different connection methods easily for the rest of your life, the difference is not night and day.

this was on this ite another part? interesting

I agree with ferenc to some extent. There is a lot to learn here. I haven't the time to directly compare my hiFace w/ my Weiss as a front end to other DACs. I do know that the hiFace adapter is as good as the Benchmark usb on the Benchmark, or better- meaning it gets you in the door. It's your call, but could be throwing good money away if you intend to replace it in a year -unless you purchase used. Try to listen to some stuff, anyway you can. I feel DACs are like phono cartridges, and have a timbre. You like it or you don't. I really like the Benchmark DAC1. Others hate it- who's to say what's going to do it for you. With your lean towards silver, my guess is that you like detail. Check out a Benchmark+hiFace+decent 75 ohm digital cable. It all should resell...

Forrest:

Win10 i9 9900KS/GTX1060 HQPlayer4>Win10 NAA

DSD>Pavel's DSC2.6>Bent Audio TAP>

Parasound JC1>"Naked" Quad ESL63/Tannoy PS350B subs<100Hz

"...but others spoil it but making silly comments. I am the type of person who loves to talk and see why things are the way they are not be put down or talked down to. this to me is bad upbringing. I can also be argumentative and vile but this is a Childs way."

People are bending over backwards to help you out here, and you're bitching! ...even after Chris stepped in.

Unbelievable!

You've done nothing for this site but come here and ask confusing questions (the 'train wreck' that 4est mentioned was your contribution the thread, IMO) and then bitch about the free, proper advice you've received.

You've participated in 12 threads, 9 of which you started - which means you don't contribute here, you come here asking for help, and then bitch when it's not exactly the information you wanted to hear. That's some thin skin you've got, perhaps internet forums are not for you!

I've posted nearly 2000 times here on CA, helping literally hundreds of people with their questions. After reading thousands of threads, I've never seen anyone here (seeking help) as unappreciative as you. If I had, I would have left the group much earlier, rather than now.

clay

@praer...

You commented "I know people on here have more experience than me and are very technical which I love. but just lets talk with being Seville to one another when expressing its what we believe. one thing I know about audio is we are all maybe right . why because we all have different tastes . so what one may say yes to another will say no way. then let us agree to disagree. I really am open to talk I love to its a great pleasure but don't make comments like peril and train wreck this is not helpful to the whole emotion that this forum stands for. please tell me any prices your wanting and anything else I will be happy to help you kind sir."

In essence you have asked a question, then when people try to help you (and OTHERS who read the thread) you are criticising the advice you have received even though (in that quote above) you acknowledge they may have more experience and knowledge than you. What you have to remember is that answers given to your question are often read by other people too and that is on of the reasons people argue and correct misconceptions that you present so that others don't blindly follow bad advice.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

i seriously think you have issuse and quite frankly its a shame its a forum in real life you would be dealt with. if this is how you people hold a forum then god help you in the real world. oh maybe you keep your comments to yourself instead of being BATTERED!

I (personally) think it's you who is being rude, not clay. No one has abused you. They have suggested that some of your beliefs are wrong, and have suggested ways to ensure you can get the best device for your requirements and budget. If you don't like the advise, then either ignore it or don't ask questions in the first place - this is the same as in ANY web forum.

Eloise

P.S. and I never accused you of rudeness, but presenting misconceptions and incorrect information as FACT.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

• 1 month later...