IGNORED

Why!? Please Tell Me Why!

4 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

I guess that I have to say it again, - another way perhaps?

""Community of all audio equipment users is much larger than CA,"

Not talking about that community. But this one, - which is the audiophile community.

CHECK

THE

NAME

OF THE

WEBSITE

""so called 'majority'.""

You don't have to stick the "so called" in there.

reposting, - as your post indicates that you haven't read it....

""there are also a loud minority who come here to attack those that value high performance audio gear. If you do not, or anti-audiophiles do not, or computer engineers, etc. there are several other anti-audiophile sites and blogs where they/you can encounter and interact with other like minded folks.

Anti-audiophiles here are the minority of another minority. If you don't value higher performing audio equipment, and don't want to improve your listening experience, - why are you here? What sort of underlying assumptions are you making about Avalon speakers or Meitner DACs? Or the people that value them?""

If this CA community defines the 'audio truth' for the rest of the human race, then your point might make sense. To ignore the opinion of the larger community because you happen to belong to this one is living in a bubble.

28 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

But again, - we are dealing with super complex combinations of A/C power, in listening rooms, with different combinations of playback equipment, - no two systems are the same: so comments about the efficacy of (for example) the speaker cables in this thread, - are nearly valueless out of context.

Are you sure these are super complex? There are much more complex systems out there, some, by the way, Marce is working on, that dwarf the complexity of inhome audio equipment. It’s sheer hubris  or ignorance to think that audiophile equipment is really that complex.

2 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

I'll answer your questions when you answer mine, - back thread.... 

I can see why that would be important to you, as from your posts, I gather that you're not interested in enhancing the listening experience, the equipment that does so, or maybe even enjoying listening to music at all.....

i hope that someday, - you'll have some really good, and fun, listening experience that changes your position.

Interesting but totally wrong conclusion. I spend at least a couple of dedicated hours a day listening to music or playing the piano. And I've been perfecting my audio systems for about 30 years now, so yes, I also enjoy the upgrade and the DIY process.

37 minutes ago, christopher3393 said:

You, my friend, have just earned the coveted "Slaughtered Spelling of the Month" Award! :P Not to worry. You still made the point that George is like the Marshal Petain of Audiophilia, collaborating with the Nazis of Audio (the fascist Anti-Audiophiles),  so a traitor to freedom-loving Audiophiles everywhere. He betrayed the loyalty oath!

ap_350932320767-37dd9c8ea78c9bc5854226e0de1a0706bed55d83-s900-c85.thumb.jpg.8ed45a9ebb229bbba4e5f2ab7decb348.jpg

Lock her... errr... him up!!!

11 hours ago, gmgraves said:

Just goes to show what's possible when certain people have more money than sense. Talk about overkill! Like bringing a 50 Caliber machine gun to kill a fly! But I'm not sure that DCCA makes the speaker cables we've been discussing. I tried top go to DCCA's speaker cable web page and it wouldn't load. But another site mentioned that DCCA's speaker cables start at $145, and I don't think It's the same thing. E-Bay was selling a pair of DCCA speaker cables 12 ft long for $550 (auction now closed) but I couldn't lift the picture. Anyway, they aren't as big as the ones in the photo we've been looking at by a long shot!

Maybe it's not DCCA, but I really like this offer on the DCCA power cord page:

image.thumb.png.5d40caffbbb1fa94becaf7914922893c.png

Would really love to know how they do this with a power cord! All this time I've been using digital EQ when all I needed was just to swap power cords...

Just now, jabbr said:

Well its worse because why would any electrically relevant device — if we place an AC power cable into this category — why would it affect every device it plugs into? Each device has its own power supply and surely if power cables impact sound, it would only be with certain supplies?

Using a specific example: do power cables affect the sound when plugged into the UpTone LPS-1 supply? @Superdad knows what I’m getting at ?

And more to the point with DCCA power cord: how does their 'sound tuning' using power cord work with every device you plug it into? Or do they tune it specifically for each device it plugs into?

2 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

low power audio cables need burning-in to sound their best. I don't know why but it's true.

Just like the directionality of a wire is important to keep the same after a break-in. Everyone knows that. Electrons learn the preferred direction through the wire, and then continue to flow better in that one direction. Even though the current is AC and flows in both directions... How do they know??? These mysteries science is unlikely to solve any time soon...

7 hours ago, One and a half said:

The directionality of cables is an advantage where there are cables that leave the device and enter the device using RCA cables. If there’s a tape monitor loop, connecting the cable with the away arrow ends up at the recorder is something simple to remember.

XLR are no brainers, these only work one way.

The rest of directionality claims line up with your post, in jest!

Yes, so how do they know???

6 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

Yes, - it's silly to judge engineer designs over the sound of the audio system: after all there's a REASON why we buy audio systems, - to listen to music. Unless: trolls on CA.

Yes, those audio systems grow on trees, and audiophiles simply discover the best by trying different ones... Oh, wait! They are designed and engineered by professionals. Maybe we should give them a little credit for knowing what they are doing? Just a bit?

59 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

If a cable helps make a system sound good consistently, - then it is a "well engineered" cable. And, - I do give high end audio engineers credit, - but not their unreasonable critics who are naysaying engineers who don't do their research, and do not engage in thorough testing, (read comparative listening tests, - the ultimate and best source of knowledge for the purpose of the cable: to enhance the listening experience).

A well-engineered cable doesn't require feats of super-human engineering. If a cable produces audibly variable results with well-designed equipment, the cable is suspect. If the cable is well-designed, then the equipment is suspect. This is not rocket-science that the high-end cable purveyors would like you to believe.

8 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

"A well-engineered cable doesn't require feats of super-human engineering."

Who said that it does? Please don't put words in my mouth.

"" If a cable produces audibly variable results with well-designed equipment, the cable is suspect.""

So? Again... I didn't assert anything to the contrary.... but different cable designs and cables  MAY affect the same system differently,- and that has nothing to do with whether or not the cable is "no well engineered" but the GOALS of the cable's design.

"" If the cable is well-designed, then the equipment is suspect."

Don't know what that means, - and I'm betting that no one does either. You might want to define what you mean here....

""This is not rocket-science that the high-end cable purveyors would like you to believe."

Beyond the cliche, - no it's definitely not rocket science, nor is it mysterious. If you're implying that cable manufacturers are liars selling snake oil, - I would contend that you would not convince anyone without a lot more specific arguments and testing to backup your assertions...

You’re missing the point: a well designed cable has no sound, and the goal of any competent engineer is to ensure that’s the case. Anything else is either incompetence or deliberate degrading of the function of a  simple component.

6 minutes ago, Albrecht said:

Nope....

No cable, - designed well or not has a sound. But different cables effect the sound of the system. It has nothing to do with competence or incompetence, - but design goals....

Proper cable design does not require compromises. A cable has very basic circuit characteristics that can all be fully accounted for in design. Again, not rocket science.