IGNORED

Why!? Please Tell Me Why!

So this image was posted earlier in another thread. I believe it was from AXPONA 2018. Regardless, can someone please comment on what in the hell the purpose of these "cables" could possibly be. I'm no E.E, but I have plenty of ideas of what one could use them for, other than electrical signals. These damned things just make me sad for our entire hobby.

5ad4dbf8d6c1d_cablemonster.jpg.76d28dbfd995c5ee24cb72afc0351d23.jpg

8 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Perhaps they are for connecting to 1 ohm speakers ? :D

The lengths some speaker designers go to never ceases to amaze me either.:o

What would influence a speakers impedance rating? Magnets, driver types, crossovers? 

1 hour ago, marce said:

as stated before its good to laugh at oneself, and this thread was doing that with a few inane comments about what are rather far out cables in anyone's book. 

Exactly @Albrecht. Just having some fun goofing on these a giant wires. No need to go and get swept up in all this emotion. Clearly a sound investment in wires is usually worth it, but even you, I am guessing being a man of intellect and wisdom, must surely acknowledge the insane design and price of such cables...

41 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

Where do you guys get the notion that I'm an anti-audiophile? I simply don't understand that. I've been an audio enthusiast longer than many of you have been on this earth and have spent many hundreds of thousands of dollars on audio gear over the years! I am so much of an audiophile that I make my own recordings using professional-grade (and cost) gear because most commercial recordings don't sound good enough for me! How much more of an audiophile can one be? Just because my Master's degree in Electronic's Engineering won't let me buy into some of the nonsense that the audio snake-oil salesman are hawking and I know about expectational bias doesn't make me any less of an audio enthusiast than any of you! My criteria for sound quality is simple: When it sounds, through my home system, like the microphone feed sounded through my monitor headphones at the recording site, then I have accurate sound. That is far more important to me than the "great sound" that many of you are chasing in a vacuum, totally devoid of references. On the other hand,  I go to at least two live classical concerts a month - and will walk out of any I see using sound reinforcement! IOW, I re-calibrate my ears OFTEN. How many of you so called "true audiophiles" do that! I get the impression that most of you just sit around listening to 30-40 year old rock music and think that's high-fidelity and are pretty ignorant of what is possible in audio and what isn't. To me you guys are the anti-audiophiles because I have stayed true to the meaning of the phrase "Stereophonic High-Fidelity." while most of you have gone off on some tangent of bright, sparkling highs and booming bass, not realizing (or caring) that real music doesn't sound like that. But then most of you don't ever listen to real music so what do you know!

Ignore the haters George.

8 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

When I was 15, I went for a hike on the power company's high-tension transmission line right-of-way as it ran from the power plant out to the highway some miles away. As I stepped off a rotted log onto the ground at one point, I felt a stinging pain in my left leg such as I had never experienced before or since. I looked around to see what had done it and I heard a rattle. There was a good sized rattle snake coiled-up next to that log, ready to strike again. I ignored the pain and moved-off quickly. The problem was that I was miles from any road and alone. I immediately got off the right-of-way and headed through the woods to where I knew the power plant access road was. I was feeling worse and worse. and threw up several times. By the time I reached the power plant road. I was in a bad way. Along came a power company vehicle, a pickup truck, and I waved it down. I knew the guy driving it (my dad worked at the plant) and I just pointed at my leg and said rattle snake bite. He threw me in the passenger side of the truck and took off like a mad man to the local medical clinic. I kept passing out and when I finally woke up, I was on gurney in the medical center and I heard people talking in the next room. My parents were there, and I heard what turned out to be the doctor say that another few minutes and it would have been too late for the anti-venom. Believe me I have a good, healthy, respect for snakes! 

George, by all means avoid those damn cables too!

Just now, gmgraves said:

What bothers me is the "Us vs Them" mentality that this kind of thing engenders. It's simply not healthy. It's one thing to debate differences of opinion and I think that's a good thing, but to actually spread hate on a web site dedicated to a hobby, of all things, is about as creepy as one can get, in my humble opinion. For instance, I disagree with Frank (fas42) all the time, but I think he's a nice guy and I think that if he went away, CA would be the poorer for it. Debate, yes, argue vehemently and resort to ad hominem attacks, not cool. But even I do it sometime and I know better! 

Yeah, i think we're all guilty of getting ugly on the internet at times. And then we think about it and feel bad. Well, I know I do at least. 

27 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

how do you know?

you listened no doubt... but how do you know the difference was due to the power cord and not some other input to your brain?

He doesn't know. Like i said-gullible, wealthy, uninformed.......and these people will go to their grave believing this BS.