IGNORED

JVS Cheerleads an MQA CD..Sis Boom Bah!

5 hours ago, Brinkman Ship said:

You ask a good question..

JVS says this in his post..."when inserted in a player capable of decoding MQA, it can deliver high-resolution MQA."

So WHAT is a "player capable of decoding MQA"? A CD Player? What?

I bet he has utterly NO CLUE>

Congratulations on posting a small enough amount of Stereophile text, that you are not accused of copyright infringement! ;-)

I Googled MQA CD player. I could not find a single MQA capable CD player. Is it possible to use a CD transport, and send the MQA bitstream to an MQA capable DAC by USB or spdif? Either way, it looks like Jason Victor Serinus (Whistler extraordinaire) is making stuff up.

If someone can show me an MQA capable CD player available for purchase, I will apologise for claiming JVS made something up. 

8 hours ago, Tintinabulum said:

Meridian 808.6?

As I understand it, the Meridian 808.6 has digital inputs (Coaxial, USB and optical) that allow the user to plug in a transport (computer, server, etc.) to use the onboard DAC of the Meridian 808.6. This onboard DAC is MQA capable. 

So if someone plugged a computer into the Meridian and played an MQA file, the file would be MQA decoded. It is not clear if an MQA CD was played by the Meridian, that the full MQA decoding would take place. 

What Hifi reviewed the player, but they did not seem to have any MQA CDs to test it. 

https://www.whathifi.com/meridian/808v6-signature-reference-cd-player/review

Either way, at 11 000 pounds sterling for a big ugly box the size of a shipping crate, I will not buy it to find out...  9_9

1 minute ago, Spacehound said:

Rickety  CD tray, switches from Toys 'R Us, and a sound that "might not suit all tastes". And this from a 'popular' magazine. 

Not  exactly  'Gobsmacked,  are they? :)

This has always been my impression of Meridian gear; overpriced and under performing. Meridian's financial statements indicate I am not alone in feeling this way. 

7 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

Stereophile's still at it.

I commented entirely  factually and politely, on Serinus' report about  the  'Reich' recording he reviewed.

Serinus totally lost his cool and did a Lavorgna impersonation. Also mathematics and measurements are now both opinions. EG:

"all the good and righteous people in the universe who are staunchly committed to upholding the laws of physics "

So I replied to that too, politely, suggesting Atkinson  might do some measurements for him.

JVS should whistle « Ave Maria ». It will soothe his nerves.

MQA CD is laughable. The main reason it is silly to bring out a new CD type format, is that CD sales are going down like a rocket. Also,  some manufacturers (probably most I would expect) are not developing any new CD players. A few years from now, there might not be very many new CD players available for purchase. 

3 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

Japan is different. I was reminded of this when Michael L questioned whether I really had Bob Stuarts contact information yesterday. The back of his business card was partially in Japanese.  People are still listening to CDs there. He questioned whether people who oppose MQA have met Bob Stuart and discussed conspiracy theories. I told him I've met Bob and how can something be a conspiracy when what I wrote has been read by a large number of people . 

Very true, Japan is different. That still amounts to a small market all things considered.

You had a little debate with Michael Lavorgna yesterday? Is this in an Internet forum ? If so, I would very much like the link. 

I just hate the fact that MQA sycophants, call the solid technical arguments put forth against MQA, "conspiracy theories". 

15 minutes ago, Rt66indierock said:

AudioStream "Is MQA DRM?" (page 2) I'll address Steve Plaskin's comments on Audio Asylum. Starting with rewrite your SOtm sMS-200 so its only wrong and we'll talk. That talk will be about just who is hurting the industry. 

If you don't mind, I will post a copy paste of the exchange. Atkinson will probably scream copyright infringement. I will let Chris decide if that is the case. If Chris has to delete my post, no hard feelings from me :-)

Until I know exactly...
Submitted by Michael Lavorgna on February 22, 2018 - 7:27pm
...how near you are to Bob Stuart's contact info, I don't believe a word you say.

;-)

Well
Submitted by rt66indierock on February 23, 2018 - 8:24am

I have Bob Stuart’s business card between my wrists as I write this. On the English side his name is in the upper left corner with a gold underline. The MQA logo and website address is in the lower right corner.

The other side has what I think are Japanese characters in the upper left corner and same MQA logo and website address as the front in the lower right corner.

Oh. My. God!
Submitted by Michael Lavorgna on February 23, 2018 - 9:09am
Say it ain't so!

You clearly are an authority ;-)

Read more at https://www.audiostream.com/content/mqa-drm#jjB4KURwpaCwGe4w.99