IGNORED

Michael Lavorgna strikes back.......

18 minutes ago, plissken said:

That's fine and should be encouraged. Lavorgna has a track record of lashing out with the profane when he's getting soundly trounced in a back and forth. He's a scorched earth type person. Just look at all the people on A.S. that are banned because they were technically proficient to see through his B.S. 

You understand I'm just noting a short term impression from what I saw in that thread.  It isn't always wise to judge people by a troubling circumstance that keeps repeating with no apparent improvement. 

Maybe not ML in his current state, but certainly others who make a living off this would be good to have around without exhibiting fearful responses to every stimulus.  I don't mean obvious technical discrepancies being levied.  I do mean handling them in a way everyone involved can learn from and part under some semblance of civil behavior becoming of adults.

The wider meaning of professionals, outside the business of selling stereo equipment, is important.  Social media or any other type of internet correspondence that isn't private are rife with disastrous potential.  Electronic payment and internet shopping are rife with disastrous potential too and that doesn't hold them back. 

There might be a teachable moment here about internet security.  ;)

18 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Wow, I missed this one entirely while at RMAF. 

Odd, given the title of his piece directly mentioning RMAF 2017.  In the title no less.  Are you saying there was no interaction at RMAF/CANJAM between the two of you?

6RtNyZW.png&key=726115f52074315e32f165a0

11 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - Michael and I have exchanged emails this afternoon. I don't believe I'll be receiving a holiday card from him this year. 

Sorry to hear that.  At least you know the correspondence will be one sided so the wife won't awkwardly bring up the question where the card from the Larvorgna household is this year.

I'd make a request for you to post an unedited account but that wouldn't really help anything here :~)

30 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

translate that into English please

I can ask for assistance in that capacity.  That is a lot less constructive than mentioning the stern talking to someone else here rightfully got for making cracks about ML's last name though.

Go tell him your bad jokes in person if you think they bear mention.  Just saying.

8 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

I can do that.  Send me his address -- or yours, muffy.

Again I repeat.  Go kiss your mother or, if she is no longer among us, think well of her.  

To fulfill your request I direct you to the first post in this thread

On 10/10/2017 at 9:13 AM, daverich4 said:

You may also care to make use of his contact email on that site.  Enthuse and network to your hearts content if you are incapable of letting it go and doing what I keep suggesting in relation to his PM.

[email protected]

37 minutes ago, beetlemania said:

Indeed. I went back thru' the build-up to the fym PM and found many examples of people needling and outright insulting ML...

But more than one CA member went out of their way to heckle ML presumably, in part, because of his status as an "authority".

I will admit wondering if I set the stage for what came about has everything to do with attempting to defuse attempts to beat an indisputably departed horse.  Two minutes before posting the quoted message below I had no idea who the guy was.  Things took a turn for the worse shortly after.  

On 10/1/2017 at 4:02 PM, rando said:

Well, that settled what type of mindset we have on display in today's 'Debate with industry personnel' highlight thread.  A reviewer (which isn't the same as a critic) and a self promoting artist you say? 

/audible sigh     

Just imagine what you friend would have to say about people that lived before the internet or television or portable phones or even rapid transportation.  Textbook social isolation is sitting at home alone with absolutely no contact with the outside world and only the walls to talk to.  She should be accounting for a population overstimulated and expert firstmost in themselves. 

Maybe she was treating you, and not the greater subject of comments on the internet overwhelmingly falling short of reasoned logical and polite discourse befitting sensitive adults trading on their own good name.  Much less expressing empathy.

The last day or so has been very informative in here.  FOX News informative.  Lacking any further evidence I have to believe Chris has everyone's best interest at heart by pointing out bluster from a number of people who are otherwise fine and decent individuals.  This was never about singling people out, which in ML's case was the correct response in directing his complaint, so much as group cognizance of the effect on others.  

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, semente said:

It takes time to assess the performance of a hi-fi component.

And the rule is that one should only make a single change to the system if we're to achieve any meaningful results.

2+2=4

2+2+2= 4.2  or 5.1  ;)

@skikirkwood Could you throw Stereophile on that chart as well.  Those numbers might be more interesting.

1 hour ago, skikirkwood said:

audio traffic.png

Thanks for going even further than I asked.  As expected Stereophile, by nature of being predominantly a news site with a constantly changing front page, had more views than this forum.  The leap in late '16 is interesting though.  Almost as if tabulation changed or a bot army attacked.  

What I really wanted to draw attention to was how deeply related all of these sites are.  Which that graph bore out fairly well.  From Nov '16 onwards CA and Stereophile as well as TAS and Audiostream depicted very similar trends.  To my mind the addition of an additional two more sites brought the bigger picture into focus.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

To me, your version of CA is comical: "Where high end and high tech meet...in a dive bar, where the owner is the bartender and the bouncer, and occasionally has to go out back or run an errand and says"Hey guys, could you keep an eye on things and give me a shout out if there is any trouble?" To which the regulars reply "You got it. But there won't be anything we can't handle" with a grin. 

giphy.gif