IGNORED

Michael Lavorgna strikes back.......

7 minutes ago, Spacehound said:

Take no notice of Plaskin, he owns more snake-oil  than I've had hot  dinners. He's even got a gadget that claims to give out magic waves that affect your brain and in his 'review' he said it makes a difference. 

And the more expensive the gadget  the better.

If you are referring to the Synergistic Research Atmosphere, there is no snake-oil here. Many products have been sold employing the Schumann Resonance to enhance audio systems. I have the Atmosphere here, but it is not set up. 

https://www.audiostream.com/content/steve-plaskin

The Absolute Sound gave it the 2017 Product of the Year. 

And I'm darn sure you have never heard one in your system.

Steve Plaskin

1 minute ago, Indydan said:

I have no problem with Plaskin's appreciation of so called snake oil devices. I don't believe everything he says (or anyone for that matter), but I don't assume he is lying. It is quite possible that he hears these improvements in his system, and he believes the devices are responsible for the improvements in sound quality. At least his opinion is based on actual experience with the devices. Even if I disagree, I don't feel comfortable refuting someone forcefully if I have not myself tried out the product. 

But, I am a bit disappointed with Plaskin's recent comments. He has stated rude things about CA and its members (he seems to lump all of us into a homogenous group of troublemakers); and stated it to sound more like fact than opinion. 

I didn't say rude things about CA and its members. I just quoted rude remarks made about me. Read again who is saying what.

Steve Plaskin

1 minute ago, Indydan said:

Steve, first of all, I should have stated that I do not condone name calling (jerk, lackey, etc) and outright personal attacks. 

I copy pasted some of what you wrote below:

"I am deeply disturbed by the destructive anger that is being encouraged at another site dedicated to our hobby. Most audiophiles I know couldn’t give two shits about MQA. But the vitriol and devise behavior being propagated displays to me some serious issues that need to be addressed - and they are not audio issues."

You pretty much say posters here are angry destructive people who have serious issues. Is that not what you meant? 

I don't mean to be picky, but I believe if you are truly Steven Plaskin, you must identify yourself and your industry affiliation on CA. 

I didn't say EVERYONE, just some people. Most of AudioStream's readers are CA readers. Our hobby is very small.

"You pretty much say posters here are angry destructive people who have serious issues. Is that not what you meant?"

Absolutely not!!! My writing is very clear and doesn't need embellishment.

I will change my listing of Mercman. I have been coming here for years long before I was a reviewer.

Steve Plaskin

Just now, Brinkman Ship said:

Mr. Plaskin, first let me say you have been unfairly attacked as ML's "lackey".  That was uncalled for.

But if indeed most audiophiles could not give a damn about MQA, why does ML continue to cover it with a zeal

rarely seen in this hobby, as if it is the cure for cancer? I would appreciate an answer, because if most really don't

give a crap about it, clearly ML is out of touch. Tough to square away, eh?

Michael decides what to write about and post at AS. I honestly don't see what the issue is if he wants to discuss MQA. There are plenty of other things at AudioStream to read about.

As for me, I take Charley Hansen's view on this subject. But remember, I have never heard an MQA file or been to any MQA demo.

Steve Plaskin

9 minutes ago, crenca said:

Mr. Plaskin,

The forums (in audio or any other context) are consumer driven, cloud sourced, and democratic.  This is a "free speech zone" and that means that some of the signal is going to be loony, absurd, self absorbed, and even "nasty".  However, overall it is a good way for consumers to investigate and get at the truth of all sorts of things

This is a serious question:  Why would you want to control it, or even think it is a good idea?  When you disagree with an editorial or a "letter to the editor" of your local paper, do you call for its censor?  Who do you think has the moral high ground from which they can enforce your vision of speech?

You appear to be simply doing what the writers of the trade publications have been doing for a while now - shooting the messenger (i.e. the forums) when they reveal things that don't support the narrative of your sales pitch...

First off, I can't exclude anyone from posting at AS. The few that were banned, went far beyond what I would call just posting an opinion.

Steve Plaskin