IGNORED

Michael Lavorgna strikes back.......

45 minutes ago, esldude said:

Wasn't changed to remove context.  Just decided a change was better.  Didn't know you would respond almost immediately.  Your reply wasn't here when I changed it so it must have occurred while you were replying.  Sorry, no intent to trick anyone that way.  

Hmmnnn ... a convienent  excuse...ve audiophiles hav vays to extrct ze truz :ph34r:

Sound Minds Mind Sound

Michael Lavorgna  said:

My Uber driver Noreddine on people complaining about the snow:

"Some people are unhappy but the ground is always happy."

To my way of thinking, audiophiles should be like the ground. Always happy. But some aren't. If you want to see these unhappy people, just visit any hi-fi forum, like Chris Connaker's Computer Audiophile, and you'll see unhappy people on parade.

You may be wondering why and/or how people who are interested in a hobby, whose purpose is enjoyment, can be unhappy.

My answer: I don't know.

Read more at https://www.audiostream.com/content/rmaf-2017-lifes-ball#xmSVdDbzuHSww2t5.99

Sound Minds Mind Sound

13 minutes ago, wgscott said:

I apologize for attempting to engage you in a rational discussion. In your absence, I had forgotten just how distastefully disingenuous you can be.

Perhaps for the good of the forum we should place each other on our respective ignore lists.

G'day.

Amazing how you take things. Exactly where or how is "how distastefully disingenuous you can be"?

If meaning "your contribution to CA". I meant it *genuinely*, not sarcastically. If something else then i confess I have no idea.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

It appears the post below has been modified since my initial reply. Apologies if that is not the case...........

(My reply to the unmodified post rejected your "disingenuous" assertion)

3 hours ago, wgscott said:

Unlike some others, I have never asked (let alone demanded) that anyone be banned for any activity, let alone expressing an opinion at variance (or in agreement) with accepted audiophile doctrine.  Those that I characterized as Audiophile Taliban do that routinely

IIRC I have never demanded anyone to be banned for variance of opinion. As for the "Audiophile Taliban" it would need to be looked at on a case by case basis. I agree variance of opinion shouldn't be grounds for banning

Those that I characterized as Audiophile Taliban do that routinely -- hence the analogy, which I am certain you grasp perfectly well (as evidenced by your remarkably over-the-top deflection-response to it and my harmless and light-hearted suggestion for some water cooler discussion/reality checks with your colleagues).

Huh?

I get the Taliban analogy just don't think it's even remotely valid.

What I didn't get was the "light hearted" nature of your water cooler discussions with colleagues.I believe this qualification was not in the initial post. To be perfectly honest (nothing disingenuous at all) I have nearly always found your replies (to me) laced with some kind of sarcasm or lightly veiled insult.Perhaps more than was intended, but it does make one on guard!

I explained my reasons for what I said. I apologize if I offended but the feelings were/are genuine.

You have a very quick mind, processing information faster than most. Don't necessarily think that people are up to speed with what you think is light hearted fun.

Did you by any chance have a previous life as a divorce lawyer?

Light hearted fun or just veiled insult ?

Sound Minds Mind Sound

:)

5 hours ago, crenca said:

Hey, I just found this thread!  I was going to goad Audiophile Neuromancer with a popcorn reference, but Chris's speech had me thinking perhaps I am a better person that that...

NAH!  Hey Neuro, where are you? :)

Chris's speech had me thinking perhaps I am a better person that that...

perhaps you just misunderstood him 9_9

Sound Minds Mind Sound

4 hours ago, crenca said:

In any case, you should talk with audiophile neuroscience - he will explain to you that your just complaining about the human condition and that you just have to carry on if you want to learn anything about audio...

I think Jabbr (?) pointed out to you, your strong suit is not analytical thinking or reasoning ( I think he said)

Sound Minds Mind Sound

1 hour ago, Speed Racer said:

No self-respecting Psychiatrist or Psychologist should diagnose without having direct interaction with the subject.....

I think it was more of a "water cooler discussion" rather than diagnosing a subject. It does cast an interesting light on Bill's recommendation (to have a water cooler discussion with other physicians), just sayin'

Sound Minds Mind Sound

1 hour ago, Audiophile Neuroscience said:

I think it was more of a "water cooler discussion" rather than diagnosing a subject. It does cast an interesting light on Bill's recommendation (to have a water cooler discussion with other physicians), just sayin'

Clarification: "Bill" in that post above as in Bill S (not Bill B) - Bill S  recommended having a water cooler discussion among physicians. The outcome of which Bill B reported.

Sound Minds Mind Sound

What I was trying to object to, with the audiophile Taliban reference, is the refrain we seem to hear fairly often that someone should be banned from the forum, simply because their audiophile status is insufficiently zealous and pure. I was equating it to their religious police ideology

And you have the hypocrisy of calling me disingenuous !  I suspect any calls for banning were over the * behavior* of anti-audiophiles and you are disingenuously  invoking an ideology or variance of opinion as the reason.  How many requests has Chris C got for banning somebody "because their audiophile status is insufficiently zealous and pure"; or even re-framing it in non sarcastic terms, that they are not "audiophiles" ?

Just to make it  absolutely clear who I think are behaving like intolerant religious police, here is a snapshot of the comment that I ridiculed by calling it a Fatwah, and those who endorsed it:

Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 9.39.43 PM.png

Good to see I make the 'hit parade' .

2 hours ago, wgscott said:

Re christopher3393

I don't think anyone has accused you of anything, one way or the other.What I was trying to object to, with the audiophile Taliban reference.

You were the last person I would have wanted to offend by saying this, so I am truly sorry.  But I am genuinely perplexed how you arrived at that interpretation. (I don't recall ever having seen you call for anyone's banishment.)

I wouldn't sweat it. You were just having "some harmless and light hearted fun".

Sound Minds Mind Sound