IGNORED

Audirvana 3.1

13 minutes ago, yacob said:

Audirvana 3.1 keeps crashing immediatelly after starting a track. I have been using Audirvana since a year and have had no issues of any kind with any of the previous versions. I am on OSX Sierra, with Direct mode enabled through the hack. 

Maybe you just want to get rid of direct mode? 

17 minutes ago, yacob said:

I tried with and without direct mode, with and without integer mode. The same behaviour each time: Audirvana 3.1 launches fine, but as soon as I start a track (doesn't matter if FLAC, ALAC or DSD), the app crashes immediatelly, without any error messages. I reverted back to 3.0.7 and all fine again. 

I suggest you send your crash report to Damien so he can fix it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

I am worried that trying to support the two different operating systems will make both less than they could be if Damien stuck with just Apple.

I’d also have preferred eg a new release of the iOS remote first and a focus on one platform only. By we can’t really blame Damien for wanting to potentially more than double his user base. 

@damien78 thanks for the new Remote release. Any progress here is very much appreciated.

My biggest concern/feature request is the library search function. It is really hard to understand from a usability perspective why the search window of the app itself is so much more powerful than the search within the remote app.

Try searching for two independent words, no problem in the software, impossible in the app. 

Search is one of the most common features you use on a remote, is there any chance of aligning the power of the remote search with the local one?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

never noticed before but... here's something really annoying :|

two versions of the very same album, dsd128 and dsd256, each one in a folder of its own on the NAS holding my music files... are merged by Audirvana in a single album >:(

no: I don't want to add something to mess with "Album Title" files tag so A+ keeps them apart: they already are in different folders! 9_9

Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 10.17.31.png

I guess that's one of of the downslides if you use a database-software like A+.

A+ doesn't care where your file sits, it only cares about Metadata in the file. So it´ s not a bug, but a feature.

I have all my Album names ending e.g. in [DSD64] OR [24/192] (if they are not standard redbook).

• 10 months later...
4 hours ago, copy_of_a said:

I load a 44.1kHz Dirac Impulse into iZotope RX (4), apply the respective SRC settings, upsample to 176.4kHz (without "Anti Aliasing", though, since this is a feature of Audirvana and is not present in the original software), export to 32bit float wav. Then load the processed file into REW.

So... it requires a software that provides iZotope SRC and export function in the first place...

Could we maybe move the very technical iZotope discussions to a separate thread?