IGNORED

Objective proof the UpTone Regen ISO can improve a DAC's output(*)

14 minutes ago, Digital Assassin said:

Who did great things? Certainly not Amir. He was among the most miserable, failed executives ever work in any corporation. All you have to do is read the internal emails that are part of the public record in the DOJ Anti Trust Case against Microsoft.

He was an utter failure. Could not build a competing store to iTunes. Could not design a competing device to the iPod. And the list goes on. Probably the only thing he was successful at was walking away with a big pay package funded by shareholders.

Several failed vanity business after that. And utterly devoid of any knowledge about audio. Probably owns 50 albums.

Quite a lot of great things, yep.

Don't know much about Amir or his background, but this sounds a bit like a character assassination, heh, Digital Assassin? To say that someone didn't come up with an improvement on iPod or created a competitor to iTunes is really not saying much, as that's true of about 99.9999% of the industry. And what does this negative personal stuff have to do with anything?

7 minutes ago, Digital Assassin said:

Utter nonsense.

That was his JOB> And he was specifically directed to this other things which failed to do DIRECTLY by Bill Gates..with BIllions

at his disposal.

99.9999% of the others did not have a MS Warchest.

No character assassination.  That is Amir's job.

All in the public record.

Utter speculation. Were you there to witness this? In any case, from this you conclude what? That Amir can't use measurement equipment? Or doesn't understand how digital audio works? I don't follow.

7 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Then the measurements showing the Regen helped and hurt and did nothing should be given the same weight and on the front page. 

The microRendu article was a disaster. Even the first measurements were a disaster. Corrections need the same headlines as the improper measurements. 

If you don't see a bias in all the words surrounding the measurements, I can't persuade you to see it. But you can read measurements and don't you think all measurements should be given the same headlines? If they don't get it, there's a bias. 

I don't know or care if Amir has a bias. Scientific process is by nature adversarial and is designed to work regardless of personalities. And that's OK, because bias is as good a driver for progress as anything else.

It's fine by me if Amir is motivated by more than just a pure desire to know. The end result is the same for me: I got the measurements I wanted to see. 

11 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Remnd me again what measuments you wanted us to publish?

And please tell me why Amir's "discovery" of leakage currents from the $10 optional SMPS we offer is supposed to be some big revelation, resulting in condemnation of a product whose function is galvanic isolation and USB signal regeneration?  

Lots of audio products come with an SMPS--including DACs and other USB devices (see the iFi iPower that comes with many of their products and which produces quite similar leakage--we have measured it and others)--and the users have a choice to use something else.

This thread has become weirisom and at this point I'd rather not toss fuel on the fire by citing the obviously biased phrases and judgements that Amir lead with in his "expose" at ASR.

I wanted to see FFT measurements at the output of the DAC. As a prospective customer, it is important for me to know that SMPS that is sold with ISOR potentially introduces AC noise into the output of my DAC. Had Amir not published his measurements, I would've purchased a product that, instead of cleaning up the signal at the output, possibly introduced unwanted AC distortions.

50 minutes ago, k-man said:

Anyone just read ASR's measurements and review of SOtM SMS-200? Here's an interesting bit for those who are on Alex's case by selling the IsoRegen with the Meanwell supply. Quote from the site:

"While there is still some mains contributions, the MeanWell is the best of the switchmode power supplies here! It has a grounded AC mains connection which allows the output high frequency shunt to go to that pin, rather than to hot/neutral. That reduces the amount of mains leakage contribution. And for $12, it is a bargain compared to the iFi."

It would be an interesting test of ISO-Regen to feed the more noisy output from SOtM SMS-200 powered by iFi switcher through the ISO-R to the DAC. Assuming the galvanic isolation and reclocking work as advertised, we should see decreased noise and distortions at the output of the DAC compared to no ISO-R.