IGNORED

USB audio cracked... finally!

Could you clarify the meaning of this photo comparison.  In general, outside of the supermarket women's magazines, leaving the pores attached to female faces is considered a hallmark of good quality post-production.  In your example a filter was simply applied over a lengthy professional conversion that  had already created an unrealistic ideal.  Which would seem to be at odds with your impression of this cable.  

Clarixa vs. Lush (BD).png

10 hours ago, manisandher said:

The Lush gives my system a 'natural' and 'analogue' sound. Instruments and voices are both full-bodied and crystal clear at the same time. The whole sound resonates beautifully, with a natural decay. How do you convey this to anyone who has only heard a typical 'digital' sound? The photos were my attempt, but obviously not as helpful as I had hoped.

Mani.

Clarixa vs. Lush (BD).png

I gathered it was an imperfect comparison.  One that works if you don't look at the picture too closely without admitting digital still has many flaws in how it tries to be too perfect.  Thank you for addressing my question at face value, btw.    

It pleases me to see someone else headed in the same direction with the computer part of their system that you and acg are.  Sometimes I wonder at the lack of computer in computer audiophile.  Or more directly, acceptance of gaming parts and discrete VC's with very low build quality/high failure rate.  These two worlds are on a collision course.  Once gamers ditched sound cards for external DAC/amp boxes the jump into clean power from a quiet machine with passive heat distribution was inevitable.  A lot of them play with $13K Intel's at work all day and retired deca core chips all night.  USB 2.0 is a dead end in all but legacy applications.    

I'll kindly leave now and take the ability to vote with my €200 along.  Don't think I fail to appreciate every small step forward will inevitably produce large ones.  Or dispute this cable is an improvement in your system.  I just won't be buying it.

@PeterSt, USB 2 ports are fairly rare on new computers.  Could you lightly touch on the extent to which your Lush cable's re-orchestration of that standard was designed to function inside the USB 3 protocol?  What I've failed to understand is the environment you intended this cable to flourish in.

Also, 7 months?  But,but, but.... but that's well after the holiday season.  Convincing people to listen to a Lush during Christmas in July is a much harder sale.  I'm frankly at odd ends trying to forget this exists for the next number of months and that I'm missing out on something which will make it redundant.  :P

On 7/17/2017 at 2:48 AM, PeterSt said:

Secret : in 7 months of time I will have a new interface with very fresh ideas. And that one can be predicted. It is a study project for our Paul (who managed to study embedded engineering without me pushing him) and if I'm right such a project would be for graduated and beyond. He's in his 2nd year soon.

:$

I spent the intervening time scolding myself for not having queued this quote to start with.  Out of this entire long thread your mention of a defined waiting period for a new interface caught my eye.  

Disregarding a focus on other manufacturers DAC's.  Is the Lush expected to be plugged into a USB 3 port?  From an end user standpoint this could be an important question to ask the manufacturer.  

37 minutes ago, rando said:

Convincing people to listen to a Lush during Christmas in July is a much harder sale

Take all the time you want to answer.  Do let me point out this drinking joke was the only reason for the existence of my second thought.  It was meant to engage your sense of humor, not a professional response.  Asking after a work in progress you couldn't be expected to discuss is bad form.

Did you do reinstall the driver in question or check for an updated version of it?  Try another USB port or investigate that driver?  Recently install an update to your player software that might be causing some non-driver related error representing as driver error?  Try the old USB cord to verify it is related to the introduction of "Lush"?

After reading "I work in IT" this was more to eliminate others asking than wondering if you knew well enough to dig in.

There is always the chance some deeply buried setting is causing the issue.  More likely it is down to not being a true USB 2.0 cable (which is a known issue with some DAC's).  Sorry to hear you were unable to offer another opinion to the pool.

8 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

it is possible that he doesn't know

or it could be a trade secret

1.  Hope it takes exactly the wattage in my smile to gain access to MQA source code.

2.  Send formal request to PeterSt noting I've yet to receive the technical filings he has on record for "Lush" USB cable.

9_9

14 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

Magic...it must work on magic. 

The Dutch are not widely renowned for sorcery unless you are referring to stroopwafel vendors ability to slip kids cuttings under their parents nose.  The more openly this gets chewed on, and the less he feels appreciated, the better chances are PeterSt will quit handing out goodies to digest on the sly.  

On 7/30/2017 at 10:38 PM, rando said:

The Dutch are not widely renowned for sorcery unless you are referring to stroopwafel vendors ability to slip kids cuttings under their parents nose.  The more openly this gets chewed on, and the less he feels appreciated, the better chances are PeterSt will quit handing out goodies to digest on the sly.  

Somebody needs to rock the stroller and soothe baby.  It's starting to wear on the adults. 

2 hours ago, PeterSt said:

No.

Edit :

@mmerrill99, Sorry for this. It was childish.

Maybe put them down for a nap.  

2 hours ago, Speed Racer said:

Wow. Maybe *YOU* should "sleep a bit over it".  

2 hours ago, mmerrill99 said:

Maybe sleep a little bit over it ?

I really don't think there's anything to mull over

I have to tell them that I no longer recommend this cable for these type of DACs & let then make up their own minds - I'm pretty sure they will cancel their orders.

You guys are ruining a good thread with an incessant need for attention and string of demands leading up to a big tantrum.  Pop a lolly in your gobs and let the world pass you by until your emotions are right.  If PeterSt is being tricky and brashly selling hype it will catch up to him.  Relax, put on some music and let it go until you can read this and see another adult asking for you to recapture a basic nous requisite in adult communication.  

At least come to terms with the hard facts that 

A.  Selling anything is at least part telling people what they want to hear

B.  Using another customers sales pitch against what you want to hear incurs more BS than it cuts out

C.  When all is said and done you either take a chance or you walk away

D.  Pestering salesmen and clerks assures you get bad service

Take it the goldenrod yellow background on your business web portal/forum didn't meet the highest grade of approval with international customers on this site.  By which I mean unsophisticated Americans incapable of appreciating anything lacking a complete design refresh every six weeks.  :P

I personally like that the best Italian food is served on a paper plate and your side business in audio is was handled through that unassuming space.  Chacun à son goût.

5 hours ago, elcorso said:

Forgive my poor English, but this is what you call in your language "trolling" ...?

Forgive my French.  You were close.  Trolling is what others would do to Mani to reduce his thread into bedlam.  Shitposting is more subtle in slowly pulling things off topic until the meat being discussed has been reduced into waste nobody has any interest in touching any more.

Admittedly the subjects surrounding this USB cable have been the defining topic.   

4 hours ago, Speed Racer said:

That's not the scientific method. In fact, it is the opposite. When people stop questioning what other people say, you end up not learning and the "progress" you make is riddled with errors or fallacy.

In this physical world we occupy there are two streams of learning; argumentative scrums and reasoned listening.  Before you interrupt this conversation anymore please take time to absorb a few words one of our greatest scientists constructed for us common hebetudes.  Generally this is accepted as representative of both streams meandering until they momentarily converged in one place.  A man riddled with human error and the fallacy of progress.

Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal. - AE

7 minutes ago, Speed Racer said:

I can explain it. It didn't come from Phasure.........

Personally, I'd have gone with idling of eye wateringly expensive baubles while raving over discovering more commonly available ones is all part of the same racket.  That would be good spirited rib nudging instead of a concerted effort to maintain some level of anger though.  

Chacun à son goût.

Brash and repetitive.  I hope Mani sees what I lead off the previous page with wasn't a personal attack.  Speed Racer et al appearance in this thread is slowly trending in the direction of settling on him or anyone of greater experience and means as a target.  The reception rational civil minded requests for abatement have received are fast becoming a side investigation of insipid tarted up childhood taunts.  

I had typed this last night (Slight edit for new page).  Low and behold, salt meets wound and compress.  In some minds it is easier to pull down walls in anger than ascribe to betterment.  

2 hours ago, marce said:

Ask why savvy young people are not becoming audiophiles, why the hobby is full of old men, the average age getting larger each year, magic cables etc.

False, but it is amusing that you've attempted to use experience longer in duration than other have been alive as a pitfall.  Because it implies depth and breadth.  What I see is the old guard willing and able to share their time while being forced to do so from behind ramparts.  People willing to admit a mistake instead of having a caustic meltdown destroying all evidence of it but scarred memories.  I assure you there are plenty of younger people buying old records and old audiophile equipment to use with their computers.

Striking coincidence or not, you decide.  I googled ASR and the top result was a psychological condition that manifests through terror and traumatic reactions.  :P

51 minutes ago, Bystander said:

I wonder if it would change people's perception of the cable at all if it was named Dull or Veil instead of Lush...

Too on the nose.  Try something more clever like asking people to take ownership of their own demise.  "My Aupiq, that cable did things for my system on the order of macro changes."  Are you paying attention @PeterSt  :D

(This wasn't directed at whoever made the macro/micro system changes comment.  Or anyone else.)

4 hours ago, PeterSt said:

"Are you paying attention @PeterSt  :D"

I stipulated about exactly this (addressed at speed racer) but nobody responded. So when the chips are down, it seems about funny remarks only, which aren't intended to be funny.

Anyway,I could seriously question what a name could do.

But name it Dull won't work. Maybe for one or two with the Clairixa, and then still for a couple of minutes only.

69 pages in if you can't take a joke it might be time to admit this has run out of material interest.  Mentioning you was an afterthought to what was at the time self effacing banter.  Amusing and direct word play where the trolls are circling around stirring any who will follow.  

Your personal aesthetic has been the source of a few too many jokes here.  I meant no harm. 

1 hour ago, rickca said:

How come every thread on CA eventually deteriorates into a discussion about double blind testing?  We may as well have just one thread where people can repeat 'you are delusional' endlessly.

Forwarded to @The Computer Audiophile for April Fools Day word filter shenanigans.  No doubt this idea could bear fruit if applied subtly for a short period. 

Overnight this went from 69 to 71 pages.  The same old topics are being discussed again.  I have to ask @PeterSt what he hopes to further accomplish here in this very active thread?  

As a potential consumer and (dubious B|) contributor here I see a few things that were accomplished along the way.  Your slick new webstore was both welcomed and highly likely a direct outcome of slightly chafing input from enthusiasts on CA.  Betwixt the casual bigotry a general agreement upon wide ranging application of the Lush appeared to be settled on.  Sparse mention was made of a new interface on the horizon.