IGNORED

Speaker Advice plz

Which of these options would be best (and why) to upgrade from my current desktop set up and the best place / price to get it:

1. Bluesound Duo D30 Speaker System - ( plus Power Node 2 and a Pulse P300 and a Pulse Flex for around my apartment )

2. Audioengine A2+ w/ Audioengine Sub - ( plus a couple of Audioengine B2's for around my apartment )

3. ADAM Audio A3X w/ ADAM Audio Sub - ( plus a good DAC and some other way to stream to my 30 year old Denon stereo w/ Klipsch speakers)

**I use Pay Pal if anyone has any equipment for sale that would go well with my upgrade**

I'm currently using the same set-up that's in my signature and that's the furthest I've gotten at this point into computer audio.

Thanks in advance for all who would offer advice, etc. I really appreciate it.

ROON w/ TIDAL > iMac (21.5", Late 2013) 3.1 GHz Intel Quad Core i7 - 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 > macOS Catalina 10.15.7 > 250 Apple Flash Storage / SSD > Apple Airport Extreme > Bluesound Node 2i > Audioquest Cinnamon Digital Coax > Peachtree Audio Nova 150 > Monster HTS 1600 > Blue Jeans Speaker Cables > Vintage Klipsch Kg2 Speakers

Hello, how much are you looking to spend?

Not sure if you have seen any of these before but I would probably pick something from this list myself. There are several very nice options for similar prices.

I know the Genelec are discussed here and elsewhere quite a bit. The Adam Monitors are pretty nice as well.

Active/Powered Studio Monitors | zZounds

I'd like to keep it around $2,500

ROON w/ TIDAL > iMac (21.5", Late 2013) 3.1 GHz Intel Quad Core i7 - 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 > macOS Catalina 10.15.7 > 250 Apple Flash Storage / SSD > Apple Airport Extreme > Bluesound Node 2i > Audioquest Cinnamon Digital Coax > Peachtree Audio Nova 150 > Monster HTS 1600 > Blue Jeans Speaker Cables > Vintage Klipsch Kg2 Speakers

thanks

btlancaster24: As i have written before to others go to eBay or Amazon and find some of Henry Kloss's Cambridge Soundworks Ensembles or even S-300 satellites for peanuts ie few 100's$ or less- solid build I still use mine with the newton towers and model 6's great buy from one the pioneers of speakers.

If you have 2-3000$ to spend near you I think is Legacy Audio- American hand built speakers and the Studio HD monitors might fit your build.

thanks

thanks

thanks

I tried several set ups and ended up with Adam A3x+S7 sub and really enjoy them. I was somewhat constrained space wise (have several monitors on my desk), so the A3xs were perfect. You can get a combo deal on these for ~$1200, leaving you a good bit for a DAC and way to connect to your existing stereo (not sure arrangement, i.e. where stereo is, so can't comment on that).

I tried several set ups and ended up with Adam A3x+S7 sub and really enjoy them. I was somewhat constrained space wise (have several monitors on my desk), so the A3xs were perfect. You can get a combo deal on these for ~$1200, leaving you a good bit for a DAC and way to connect to your existing stereo (not sure arrangement, i.e. where stereo is, so can't comment on that).

DAC recommendation? Does it matter what style of music you're listening to? I mainly listen to Christian Contemporary worship music with a rock style / feel

• 3 weeks later...

Which DAC do you recommend? Also, does it matter very much using the XLR's or just RCA inputs?

I will recommend the Salk Power Play Active Monitors - they have a stunning sound and have a built in DAC and DSP, as well as digital Crossover - yes they are 2195 but then all you need is the source (Daphile or the like would work well) - there is a remote that comes with the speakers.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

On 3/19/2017 at 4:57 PM, botrytis said:

I will recommend the Salk Power Play Active Monitors - they have a stunning sound and have a built in DAC and DSP, as well as digital Crossover - yes they are 2195 but then all you need is the source (Daphile or the like would work well) - there is a remote that comes with the speakers.

Thanks