IGNORED

Universal Music Group Joins with MQA

The plot thickens. Will Sony be next to succumb to the Cabal?

I hope so. Goodbye $$$ 24/96 and DSD downloads and discs. I got 30,000 hirez tracjs dropped overnight for no increase in $ in January. Now add at least 30,000 more from Universal. I bought a Bluesound Node with an MQA DAC that can stream pretty much anything and I am done, no PC, USB cables, downloads, digital doohickeys need apply. A hirez system for $300 + streaming fees. By CES 2017 this will be a whole new playing field.

I hope so. Goodbye $$$ 24/96 and DSD downloads and discs. I got 30,000 hirez tracjs dropped overnight for no increase in $ in January. Now add at least 30,000 more from Universal. I bought a Bluesound Node with an MQA DAC that can stream pretty much anything and I am done, no PC, USB cables, downloads, digital doohickeys need apply. A hirez system for $300 + streaming fees. By CES 2017 this will be a whole new playing field.

Tack that Bluesound piece onto a pair of the new KEF LS50W's and boom! One beautiful, simple and fantastic sounding modern Hi-FI.

David

This, this, and more of this! That witchdoctor fella sure does have some sense to him. I'd buy him a drink sometime...Hell, maybe more than one, considering the money I'm now saving by not dropping $20 per hi-res release!

No S/PDIF-USB converters, no more internal PC noise generation, no exorbitantly-priced AQ cables (though I suppose I could always buy one to connect my external HDD to the Node ;o) )...Just the sheer joy of listening.

I hope so. Goodbye $$$ 24/96 and DSD downloads and discs. I got 30,000 hirez tracjs dropped overnight for no increase in $ in January. Now add at least 30,000 more from Universal. I bought a Bluesound Node with an MQA DAC that can stream pretty much anything and I am done, no PC, USB cables, downloads, digital doohickeys need apply. A hirez system for $300 + streaming fees.
No multichannel, though.

By CES 2017 this will be a whole new playing field.
Not unless you have a way-back machine. ;-)

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile