3 hours ago, Cornan said:

I think I have touched many magic buttons in my setup the latest few day. My sound have never ever been this great as it is right now! The image depth is crazy good as if the the depth have gone into the next level. Details that use to be crystal clear is now astonishing! Bass notes that use to be deep and nuanced is now filled with fibers with loads of textures. Mid-range have improved quite a lot and I almost feel releived listening to well known music.

The improved grounding have really revealed my latest changes a lot. The LT3045's, the new ATL starquad and star-earthed PSD, the ATL 8 conductor USB cable with JSSG, new ATL DC starquad cable with JSSG and additional ATL starquad AC mains cables have all contributed to this amazing transformation, that feels like going from 3D to a full blown 4D. I am so so happy and are smiling from ear to ear right now! ?

It looks like the DC sockets will come tomorrow, so I can add the LM317 to the mix during the weekend. I will also see if I can figure out how to ground the DC- output of my Brooklyn DACs internal SMPS to the star-earth receptacle on my PSD.

I am really looking forward to see how that turns out. I feel blessed right now when all the work is so greatly rewarded! ? 

Congrats @Cornan you made so many changes lately, it is hard to know where the main contribution is coming from :)

7 hours ago, Cornan said:

Thanks Moussa! ?

There is no doubt that the corrected grounding paths was like cleaning the dirty reading glasses. Now ISO Regen sounds just great however I use it (GI on or off). Clearly a loop going into the IR. That loops seemed to make my system very sensitive and gave me double messages in terms of SQ. Grounding is really one of the fundamental things that needs to be right for a system to bloom. Lesson learned! ?

After cleaning the IR goggles there is no doubt that the LT3045's in series is an awesome upgrade and that my new USB cable is quite a bit better than Elijah Audio K-Lite in my setup.

The PSD have clearly improved things, but I'll need to swap it back to know in detail what those differences are. Deeper and tighter sound stage is however clearly a contribution. It also feels more relaxed. I am sure there is more to it, but I'll need to make that swap to know for sure.

Great learnings no doubt. I have found that grounding is very rewarding when you get it right, but it takes a lot of trial and error

4 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Thanks Moussa! I intend to do that as well. I will try with one capacitor and no capacitor as well and finally compare it to dual LT3045´s. I am all new to external voltage regulators as well, but I can firmly say that the dual LT3045 is pretty impressive and the LM317 really needs to perform optimal to have a chance in the end.

BTW. While you´re here. Have you ordered the Mytek Clef that you where thinking about a while ago?

I ordered 6 LT3045 chips to play with and see if they make a difference in my system.

I haven’t ordered the Clef as I have received no answer from Mytek when I asked them about it. I don’t know if itnis shipping now

3 hours ago, Cornan said:

Success! ?

IMG_6751.thumb.JPG.c03c10dd766d5b33ce9c962c442efb5c.JPG

My son's Android tablet running the BubbleUPnP server is locked inside the cubborn. My own Android tablet with BubbkeDS Next

IMG_6752.thumb.JPG.81950efd2e2a4b10a339950ce1558892.JPG

Works great and sounds better too! ?

I also got my gold plated forks today that I will use to get improved contact to the DC negative sockets on my Gopherts for the grounding wires, so I will have a little something to experiment with later tonight! ?

IMG_6753.thumb.JPG.c63ec915fc11f13a321ec277a8199a11.JPG

Nice use of resources, great that it sounds better too

12 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Thanks, my son have'nt even noticed that his Android tablet is "charging" somewhere else! ?

The difference in SQ is not huge, but clearly noticable in clairity, when the transcoding is done on another unit than the control device. It sounds really nice now with Peaktech and Gopherts powering the whole setup and a lot quicker to get up and running compared to the PC approach.

The funny thing is that it will probably not last for long. I will move to a smaller appartment in January. My B setup will probably have to melt into my A setup in matter of months! ?

Even though I am living in a 2 storey house, I never felt the need for 2 systems. Better to focus all resources on one. 

28 minutes ago, Cornan said:

I have the LT3045's as is with the included (and soldered) caps. Yes, you can use them as they are. My 1A versions for Aries Mini is on the way as well. ?

Thanks, I doubt they will improve upon the LPS-1 but will try and see. If not then will try them on my lithium batteries.

6 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Do you mean that your LPS is working in constant current mode only? (always 5A output). I am if so I am actually not sure if that would work or not. Hopefully someone else can give you a firm answer. @TubeMan or @sandyk surely knows.

No it supports up to 5amp continuous current if needed. I have used it before to power low power devices like the tXusbultra, mini router and all these don’t consumer more than 1A at 12v

25 minutes ago, Cornan said:

So, today I suddenly descided to simply try out Gophert for my Brooklyn DAC. It turned out to be a big job, where I needed to re-arrange my setup quite a lot. Finally, after roughly an hour of messing around it looked like this.

IMG_6773.thumb.JPG.8d712983ab78265893211cc966739eba.JPGIMG_6776.thumb.JPG.604b87f801767b3e659b5c23e8e726a5.JPG

Right away I noticed a clear improvement in some regards, but I also recognized that the DC- output grounding was in the wrong spot. Very similar results to my ISO Regen experiences. An hours later after trying atleast 6 different grounding spots for my Gophert powering my Brooklyn DAC I ended up with the full monthy.

IMG_6775.thumb.JPG.bb872a29e4f09cd6c419629cc6b5361e.JPGIMG_6779.thumb.JPG.cd8616ce3de9a7ec3d114e4fc99ede04.JPG

With the DC- output grounded to the Entreq Minimus is sounds really great. Better than the internal SMPS with greater nuances and more touchable background details overall. Better bass dynamics and a tad arier. Really happy! ?

Now, I wonder how the ISO Regen grounded to the same spot will sound like when the Brooklyn DAC is tied to the same spot? Well, I just have to try it. Wish me luck! ?

Try your Brooklyn with a 12v battery, you might be surprised.

12 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Almost too much have happened in my two setups since yesturday night to explain it all in one go, but I will give it a try! ?

First I started off with a major change in A setup by removing the PowerWalker pre the ALT balanced & floating IT and use it directly connected to the AC mains wall inlet powering my TP-Link RE450 wireless adapter, iPad charger and turntable. Improved SQ a tiny bit.

Mind that this was only a test.

IMG_6798.thumb.JPG.a3984c5fae5182993c368b3646986725.JPGIMG_6799.thumb.JPG.fef8d6f68bd7650bf73b5f46410f3fc4.JPGIMG_6797.thumb.JPG.4d64cca1de799fcb1bfa5247683c8f20.JPG

Next up was a two hour grounding experiment that ended up with ONLY the Aqvox GND and the Gopherts DC- output to the Aqvox switch being grounded. Nothing else. Also changed out the eBay metal bolt to  the original Entreq wooden bolt. It actually improved a bit! So now, with the voltage regulators in the DC cable path the DC- output grounding if the Aries Mini is ruled out.

Next up was my B setup that I recently changed back to Chromecast Audio after annoying playback issues. After a horrible week of trouble shooting playback stops with CCA I decided to go back to a clean KISS style PC based setup with JplayStreamer/AO/Fidelizer Pro/Process Lasso Pro. It immediately started with playback issues. *Sigh!* Fortunately I quickly found out the source of my problems. The USB PC Express card. I just changed to one of the ordinary USB inputs and everything just sounded great. Suddenly I could have Minimum Latency/64 samples on the TUSBAudio Asio driver and put in my favorite settings in Jplay Kernal Streaming/Ultrastream/1Hz DAC link/ 10 seconds PC buffer without any issues what so ever. It sounds marvelous! ?

As I earned some leakage grounding knowledge from my A setup I decided to remove the DC- output grounding and do the same as @mozes and use my Aucharm grounding box connected to the speakers instead of to the DC- output of my Gophert. Wow, that surely made a nice improvement with more air/3D/ambience as I like it!

IMG_6793.thumb.JPG.d8d8a4df96e654f48814ebc62435d29d.JPGIMG_6794.thumb.JPG.9f9b603414221c5a0c7a8445288dafbf.JPGIMG_6796.thumb.JPG.fa6010ca491bf0afc25faed9f5d4b230.JPGIMG_6795.thumb.JPG.bdb074e570a45cee87f3819838ba97c8.JPG

Lucky that I was home all alone today. It have been a very productive day in terms of SQ. My both setups have jumped in SQ. Strangely the DC- output grounding now does'nt improve more than on the Aqvox switch. Maybe due to the additional voltage regulators? Hard to know, but I am very delighted with how it sounds all over my appartment right now. That's what matters to me! ?

I am glad you found a good slot for your Aucharm. You had an epic day of tweaking!

52 minutes ago, Cornan said:

Thanks Moussa! ? Of all the numerous places I have tried the Aucharm grounding box the active speakers is surely the best one. Now I think it have founds it's dedicated spot (touch wood)! ?

The more I experiment with groundings with my Gopherts the more I realize that it is probably a bit special with floating SMPS when it comes to grounding leakage. My conclution is not head-to-head with other unfloating SMPSs. I cannot help to wonder why?

An interesting thing is that, while testing out my coming shunt regulators  with a Gophert, Alex at ATL have found, just like I have before him, that the floating SMPS requires a IT to deal with hum. According to Alex a IT pre the Gophert seems to totally reduce low frequency hum. Great to know that my ears are telling me the true story! ?

Our ears are more important than what engineering theories state :) 

22 minutes ago, Cornan said:

I have so far just tried them in series. Now when I finally have the whole DC chain with totally six LT3045s is sounds really great. I will try them in pairs on each side of the DC cables instead of directly in series, but since my Gopherts have banana plugs I'll need to order inline banana sockets to make it work at the Gophert end. 

Here is to give you an idea how: Gophert 6,7v>LT3045 6v>Ghent JSSG DC cable>LT3045 5v>Aqvox switch.

I have just ordered the inline banana sockets from China, so it will take a couple of weeks until I can try it out though.

I have a second 5V LT3045 1amp board. I am thinking of experimenting with it by using two in parallel eventhough the LPS-1 puts out only 1.1 amps. 

1 hour ago, tapatrick said:

:)

yes they are a great addition esp in series. Big thanks to RB2013 Tubelover2 if you are listening... :)

I'm tweaking them now with various input caps and ferrite beads.. thanks to @TubeMan and @sandyk input

we are a crazy bunch indeed but it's worth it when new levels are found. 

And of course @Cornan the orchestrator of this thread!

I tried two LT3045 in parallel for my switch and I can say that it is very very close to a single LT3045. If you don’t do a critical A/B listening in a quiet environment, it is hard to detect any difference. Still I left the two boards as I love how it sounds. My system is so revealing with Dave that when I unplug a cable or a component, the sound becomes edgy for a day before it relaxes again. It makes it hard to do A/B unless the differences are quite large.