IGNORED

A novel way to massively improve the SQ of computer audio streaming

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

Important and useful information about this thread

Posting guidelines

History and index of useful posts

Most important: please realize this thread is about bleeding edge experimentation and discovery. No one has The Answer™. If you are not into tweaking, just know that you can have a musically satisfying system without doing any of the nutty things we do here.

23 minutes ago, Cornan said:

This is actually similar to what I am doing. I have the ISO Regen+USPCB powering the Luckit BluWave USB to Spdif board. The galvanicly isolated output of the BluWave is powered by a 5v powerbank.

IMG_6910.thumb.JPG.6bdf2d0c9af13cee6d6d8b02ed92a45e.JPG

I tried to connect clocking between the BluWave and Brooklyn DAC, but somehow I did´nt get it to work properly. My guess it comes down to my cable, but I am trying to figure it out. Anyway, when I tried the clocking i set the Brooklyn DAC sync settings to 44.1kHz on FLAC and the SQ jumped quite a bit. First I thought it was due to the clocking, but it sounded just as great without the clock cable. It turns out that when I set the sync to 44.1kHz on FLAC (and 48kHz on most MQA) the Brooklyn DAC becomes the master instead of the BluWave. By far my best sound up to date. Especially a big impact on my Monkey Banana Turbo 5 speakers! :) 

use one 5v 5amper smps, 2x 2.7v 100F ucap serial, charge up the ultracaps, powered the BluWave with powerbank together!!!Enjoy The big jump!!!!

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:32 AM, ElviaCaprice said:

My experience has been that the sCLK-EX (clock replacements) with clean power far exceeds any optimizations with anything else.  Shunts make no difference.  Windows 10 optimizations make no difference.  Clean power to DAC and other components, yes, but not as huge as clean power to sCLK-EX.  (Come to think about it, I've never tried dirty power to sCLK-EX)

You are Right!Weeks ago I don't have txusb ultra+sps500,only clean powered dac,iso regen,singxer(16 rail u caps total)

Compared my older DA,the difference not huge.But now.......:D

Compared sps500 vs my ultracap psu feed txusb ultra.No significant difference.If I powered sps500 near my analog chain(only one isolation transformers between pre and sps)sound wors than ultracaps.But with double isolated line,improve sq a lot! Only: NAA- Iso R-TxUsb-Singxer sequence.Sound become more airy,maybe can beat ultracaps.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cornan said:

I think so too! It was love at first site, but it still took a while for me to pull the plug. I have quite high expectations. When they arrive my whole chain will have LT3045s! ?

You should definately use it for the wireless bridge. The LT3045s have increased SQ everywhere I've tried them. 

Here is a link if you're interested in the 3A board http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendor-s-bazaar/310402-fs-ultra-low-noise-power-supply-lt3045-based-pcb-2.html#post5227003

However, I just bought his last two single ps boards. Not sure how fast he can make new ones.

Lt 3045's based pico psu would be interesting.......

can feed sps 500  example...

Just now, Cornan said:

Indeed! ? I have been thinking about sPS-500 or SR4, but so far I am holding on to my beloved Gophert csp-3205II. A new PSU have to be amazing to sound better. The new 3A LT3045 single ps pre Brooklyn DAC will be powered by the Gophert as well. If I do not end up happy (which I doubt) I will probably opt for a sPS-500.

I'm ordered 4 pcs Chinese 3045, split the sps500 9v to  5v,5v,7v,7v  with lt boards.Feed iso r,tx usb ultra,singxer F1.

Just want trial how degrade the SQ. Vs 4 independent u cap psu.

4 hours ago, Cornan said:

Great stuff! Be sure to report back your findings. The independant u cap psu is surely in for a cat fight! ?

just want reduce the psu`s quantity.Every time I need charge up ,and connect -reconnect .Not the big problem,but this new smps little interested, new challange.

Some Lt 3045 boards arrived, Sotm sps 500 9v regulated to 2x5v feed singxer f1,and iso regen usb input,

same 9v connected to iso regen ,and tx usb ultra.Sparky sbc feed 5v 3A ultracaps,play from CF card,upsampled to 385khz.

Sound:

much better mids(stronger,accurate,clean) M a g i c a l !!!

better highs(some recordings too much,its not psu fault)

more airy than ultracaps(little)

bass more controlled(little)

Ultracaps warmer or just less clarity.

I need listening longer,this is just one  first impression.

2 hours ago, Cornan said:

Awesome hurka! LT3045s is magical indeed. The more LT3045s you add to the chain the better it gets! :)

I don't believe this regulator woodoo.The good power source matter(sps 500),great regulator just don't add any extra noise,and help stages separation.

in my dac dont have regulators,just ultracaps:D

1 hour ago, jean-michel6 said:

Interesting results. I have also SPS 500 feeding SOTM dx USB hd and tx USB ultra. 

I have LT 3045 boards on order. 

Which LT 3045 boards did you use ? Did you modify them to add larger capacity ?

About ultra caps , could you give some info on what did you use ?

Thank's

regulator picture alredy posted,

1a juice enough this time,dont trialed parallel

ultracaps:2.7v 100F PowerStor green cap

12 hours ago, Cornan said:

Regulators is no woodoo, sPS-500 got them too! ;)  I was actually avoiding voltage regulators completely not too long ago, until I realized that the LT3045s provide exellent leakage isolation in the DC cable path. Whenever I see someone mensioning that they did´nt like the LT3045 I immediately suspect that they´ve got a leakage going into the DAC. Adding just one LT3045 could actually make things worse IME since the LT3045 is blocking a leakage, so the leakage have no choise but to take another less optimal path where there is no isolation present. An exellent choise is for example to use LT3045s in a DC Y-split cable, if both have one (or two in series for even better isolation). Next up for me is actually to try LT3045s in series on each end of the DC cable instead of directly after each other close to the powered device to see if that actually improves things. 

Added 4 today(iso r(2pcs),singxer,txusb,)

sound get worse vs the first config :iso r and tx usb ultra powered without lt3045.Maybe need burn in?or simply sps 500 better than lt3045!!?or juice not enough for tx usb ultra?

3 minutes ago, sandyk said:

What do you think is used to ensure that all the Ultracaps are used within their maximum ratings ,and also to charge the Ultracaps ?

sorry about my English!maybe I don't understand exactly. each dac stages use 2 u cap banks,relays switch between charge or works periods.

7 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Somewhere there  has to be voltage regulators used in conjunction with the Ultracaps.

The Ultracaps are just large storage devices with much higher capacitance than the usual electrolytic capacitors used after a voltage regulator. and act  more like a battery. 

you are right,but we tested,and the  sound fantastic. dac stages have small electrolyt caps on board,and also use buffercaps around 1000uf/each stage, balancing the switch silence.

31 minutes ago, Cornan said:

It needs some experimenting. You'll need to mind where possible leakage goes for each additional LT3045 you add to the chain. You do want avoid that possible leakage ends up in the DAC. Also proper juice is crucial. I haven't noticed that they require much burn-in. They get a little better quite quickly, but no major difference IME.

My worst SQ with LT3045s was when I had series LT3045s on Aqvox switch and no LT3045 on ISO Regen (with GI off). Adding series LT3045 to ISO Regen was quite mind blowing.

Adding parallel one more sps 500 quite mind blowing:D:D

txusb ultra really picky with psu's.iso regen also likes pure sps 500.